Thailand more trustworthy than the US - but lags behind UK, report from Boston says

webfact

Thailand is more trust worthy than the USA for investing? I find that very very hard to believe. Impossible to believe in fact.

At least in the USA there is the rule of law, and that is something that simply does not exist in Thailand. Throw in the endemic corruption that is so ingrained in Thailand and I would not invest one satang in Thailand.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not one who believes America is the greatest country in the World but I am one who believes in the truth and fair play. Wikipedia reports that the United States is the second most visited country in the World for tourists while France is first. However, in tourist dollars spent- the United States is first. In addition, people from all over the World want to get Visas and Work Permits to go there and make money. The US definitely has its warts- but- compared to many other places on earth- many people seem to want to go there to visit and live. Love it or hate it- the statistics paint a much different picture that the survey in question.

You have to be kidding. I've visited the USA more than a dozen times, and each time I grew increasingly aware what a paranoid, violent nation it is. I never want to go there again. The root cause of the Global Financial Crisis, which robbed so many retirees of a decent retirement. Based on my observations of their business dealings with the rest of the world, I've developed the apothegm when you shake hands on a business deal with an American, count your fingers afterwards. Statistics don't convey what a danger to world peace America is.

I am not one who believes America is the greatest country in the World but I am one who believes in the truth and fair play. Wikipedia reports that the United States is the second most visited country in the World for tourists while France is first. However, in tourist dollars spent- the United States is first. In addition, people from all over the World want to get Visas and Work Permits to go there and make money. The US definitely has its warts- but- compared to many other places on earth- many people seem to want to go there to visit and live. Love it or hate it- the statistics paint a much different picture that the survey in question.

You have to be kidding. I've visited the USA more than a dozen times, and each time I grew increasingly aware what a paranoid, violent nation it is. I never want to go there again. The root cause of the Global Financial Crisis, which robbed so many retirees of a decent retirement. Based on my observations of their business dealings with the rest of the world, I've developed the apothegm when you shake hands on a business deal with an American, count your fingers afterwards. Statistics don't convey what a danger to world peace America is.

Volkswagon allready paid the clain of many trillion us$ for the damage done.

When will the USA start paying for ALL damage done? They will be totally bankrupt if they have to.

I would rather live in so many other locations on this planet than the US. The US is the world leader and thus should be leading by example; however it falls short in so many areas in comparison to other developed nations.

> America has one of the worst murder rate of any developed country

> Trillions in debt

> Huge homeless problem

> One of the worlds highest prison populations

> Still uses capital punishment in many states even though it obviously not only doesn't work but makes the situation worse

> A huge obese problem

> Lack of jobs

> Has been at war for 95% of the time it has been a country

> Kills millions of innocent people overseas and has even justified in an interview that the death of 500,000 Iraqi children was worth the price

> Lies to own citizens and creates false flags, such events as Pearl harbour spring to mind

> Has injected own citizens without their knowledge with plutonium in the 60s as research, as well as LSD

> Has released a bacterial cloud in San Fran from a navy vessel in the 70s to see how it would travel, scared of the Russians attacking. It caused many illnesses and one death, didn't tell it's own people.

> Biggest consumer in the world and thus is the most damaging country to the world on many levels

> Spies on it's own citizens like no other, and not only that but other people around the world

> Has spent over 700 billion on war in the past decade

> Only country to ever set off nuclear bombs on another nation in war

> Has set off most nuclear bombs in total

.. and so forth

​I would not trust the US government, I am physically not able to do that. The fact that recently the FBI director stated they would not be charging Hillary Clinton over something many others have done and have been punished for in a immense manner is just one drop in the ocean of problems there. All of these false flag events, the recent sniper incident who was killed by a robot with a bomb! I still have to shake my head at the many people still asleep and who are not able to see through the smoke and mirrors. The elites want a race war, they want chaos so they can come and swoop in to take over. Tomorrow the 15th is going to be a bad bad day for the US as the BLM movement (which is ran by a black dude paid by Soros) is going to cause much destruction. This is all part of the plan

So what country are you from that The US Military has had to save their asses or the US finances has not added assistance to.Most of what you text about is of the headlines that you are quoting and know nothing about.So what great country are you from boy?.

Time will tell won't it.

Everyone here is speculating. Europe, Asia, South America and Africa have plenty of issues and concerns to worry about too. I am diversifying my investments across markets, but by no means do I suggest disregarding the US.

I was here in Thailand 10 years ago when all I heard about was the inevitable crash of the US dollar. Never happened did it?

If the US falls from being the leading country in the world, who will replace it? China? Good luck with that.

When will the USA start paying for ALL damage done? They will be totally bankrupt if they have to.

So what second rated country are you from Thain ?

Putting Sweden at the top of the list speak for itself. The list is pure garbage.

Sweden is one of the most destroyed societies in Europe over the last 10-15 years. People are taxed to death and overrun by 3rd world immigration.

Pattaya, Patong and Nana Plaza put together are safer than any Swedish c

Edited by whaleboneman

Was somewhat surprised at Eire's position. Nearly bankrupted during the financial crisis, thousands of homes empty or in default to the banks, and largely supported by EU subsidies. Also a massive rip off culture for tourists over the last 10 years - my brother used to visit for fishing and found accommodation and eating out heavily overpriced, and food indescribably bad (20 euros for dinner straight out of a freezer).

Yes Ireland also doesn't have a good name, i wonder how they ended up in the list. I never heard about Irish scandals though but they drag the euro down just like the other poorest EU countries.

Sweden sure isn't what it was in the past. My Thai friend got scammed by a taxidriver in Stockholm which costed him 250 us$ for a ride of 10 minutes.

I bet you those 250 USD that the cab driver wasn't Swedish either

Putting Sweden at the top of the list speak for itself. The list is pure garbage.

Sweden is one of the most destroyed societies in Europe over the last 10-15 years. People are taxed to death and overrun by 3rd world immigration.

Pattaya, Patong and Nana Plaza put together are safer than any Swedish city.

You have no clue what you are saying get some facts dude.

Time will tell won't it.

Everyone here is speculating. Europe, Asia, South America and Africa have plenty of issues and concerns to worry about too. I am diversifying my investments across markets, but by no means do I suggest disregarding the US.

I was here in Thailand 10 years ago when all I heard about was the inevitable crash of the US dollar. Never happened did it?

If the US falls from being the leading country in the world, who will replace it? China? Good luck with that.

Leading in what, printing monopoly money and acquiring debt? The US is f***ed, it's just a question of time before people realize it.

Pattaya, Patong and Nana Plaza put together are safer than any Swedish city.

You have no clue what you are saying get some facts dude.

And I suppose you have a clue DUDE. A discontent Swede perhaps. being hit by the highest tax levels in the world and african level rape rates?

Edited by ThailandLOS

Time will tell won't it.

Leading in what, printing monopoly money and acquiring debt? The US is f***ed, it's just a question of time before people realize it.

Some little statistical measurement called GDP.

Yes the US has a huge debt, and that is certainly an issue. But so does Europe, if you compare their debt to their GDP it is ridiculous. Plus all the entitlements the EU countries promise, mixed with the age demographics is very concerning. In addition, QE and printing money is not just a US problem. Fiat money is a problem worldwide.

I am not talking some nationalistic pride towards the US. But unless you plan to stuff all your money in a sock somewhere, I do not think the US market should be totally ignored as a pace to invest. Up to you however.

Just curious if you can give me an exact year by when the US will crash? And when it does, who will be top dog (in terms of GDP do be specific)?

Was somewhat surprised at Eire's position. Nearly bankrupted during the financial crisis, thousands of homes empty or in default to the banks, and largely supported by EU subsidies. Also a massive rip off culture for tourists over the last 10 years - my brother used to visit for fishing and found accommodation and eating out heavily overpriced, and food indescribably bad (20 euros for dinner straight out of a freezer).

Yes Ireland also doesn't have a good name, i wonder how they ended up in the list. I never heard about Irish scandals though but they drag the euro down just like the other poorest EU countries.

Sweden sure isn't what it was in the past. My Thai friend got scammed by a taxidriver in Stockholm which costed him 250 us$ for a ride of 10 minutes.

I bet you those 250 USD that the cab driver wasn't Swedish either

He had a swedish passport probably. That makes him a full swede with the same rights as any other Swede.

"It is meant to be a guide to help people making investment decisions in various countries around the world" In Thailand the reputation is secure and predictable: you can't own a business or real property, corruption is a recognized institution and can be factored in, and quite assured you will be screwed. US is much less sure bet, more of a hit or miss affair. You may pay off an official to "get things done" but you may be caught out and sent to jail. No worries about that in land of smiles

clap2.gif

I am American and I choose to live in Thailand because I am happier here. While I may criticize my birth country and make positive suggestions to improve it- I do not denigrate the country or its citizens- Many Americans do not have the means to travel or visit other countries because they are too busy working and trying to help their families. Too many people on this board like to put people down because they are different from them but offer nothing positive . In addition- some of the things people on this board say about America and its people are so wildly wrong and biased that they deserve no response.

American? Is that south , mid or north? The Americas are massive.

Or is it to be presumptiuosly accepted that "American" automatically implies the United States of America:?

Because in reality it is as ambiguios as pronouncing " I am European" or " I am a Pacific Islander".

Australians are the only nation to have an exclusiviity because they are the only ones to have an unshared continent ( dismissing the Aboriginals naturally!) .

United States citizens are rarely aware of the percieved arrogance of their arrogance in this and many other presumptions. Sadly that is the result of unrelenting propagandist dogmatism easily maintained because the vast majority of US citizens rarely ever travel outside of their home State. Raise the flag and salute and all is well ! .

Thailand is Thailand in the very midst of South East Asia. And right or wrong it holds up it's middle finger to avert any who would prefer it join the ranks of submissive compliance .

Thailand scams a few hundred tourists every year. The US scammed the whole world by selling bad loans which caused a deep worldcrisis.

Many of those "bad loans" were created due to pressure put on banks to make loans to people who would never, ever qualify. The rules and regs were created during the Clinton adminstration and then when the consequences of those terrible policies caused economic disaster, Obama and the rest of the dems blamed everything on George Bush!

End result of all of this is when your top government officials (Obama, Kerry, Clinton's - both of them, etc) are serial liars, how can you be viewed as "trustworthy"?

I would rather live in so many other locations on this planet than the US. The US is the world leader and thus should be leading by example; however it falls short in so many areas in comparison to other developed nations.

> America has one of the worst murder rate of any developed country

> Trillions in debt

> Huge homeless problem

> One of the worlds highest prison populations

> Still uses capital punishment in many states even though it obviously not only doesn't work but makes the situation worse

> A huge obese problem

> Lack of jobs

> Has been at war for 95% of the time it has been a country

> Kills millions of innocent people overseas and has even justified in an interview that the death of 500,000 Iraqi children was worth the price

> Lies to own citizens and creates false flags, such events as Pearl harbour spring to mind

> Has injected own citizens without their knowledge with plutonium in the 60s as research, as well as LSD

> Has released a bacterial cloud in San Fran from a navy vessel in the 70s to see how it would travel, scared of the Russians attacking. It caused many illnesses and one death, didn't tell it's own people.

> Biggest consumer in the world and thus is the most damaging country to the world on many levels

> Spies on it's own citizens like no other, and not only that but other people around the world

> Has spent over 700 billion on war in the past decade

> Only country to ever set off nuclear bombs on another nation in war

> Has set off most nuclear bombs in total

.. and so forth

​I would not trust the US government, I am physically not able to do that. The fact that recently the FBI director stated they would not be charging Hillary Clinton over something many others have done and have been punished for in a immense manner is just one drop in the ocean of problems there. All of these false flag events, the recent sniper incident who was killed by a robot with a bomb! I still have to shake my head at the many people still asleep and who are not able to see through the smoke and mirrors. The elites want a race war, they want chaos so they can come and swoop in to take over. Tomorrow the 15th is going to be a bad bad day for the US as the BLM movement (which is ran by a black dude paid by Soros) is going to cause much destruction. This is all part of the plan

You might want to correct this when you are sobergigglem.gif

What a complete load of bullocks.

I totally agree...are you guys at Thaivisa paid to publish nonsense? Trustworthy What?

Justice....

they cannot catch their own political prisoner who ran the country through his puppets.

They cannot curtail street violence

Courts are rigged ....if the judge does not understand english the sentence is often tainted.

Bribery within the ranks of officials, Police, Immigration and Local Government.

Banks

The most unsafe in the region...fluctuates. Interest rates a joke.

Communication is zero. They have the flash....oh sure the smile and all the pop bang and whistle to sell Burgers and candy

But spelling horibble, Communication unfriendly and selective......The sales people are more interested in their phone than in the customer.

Taxi...selective and corrupt

School level of International English for Business to invest here poor, very poor. Look at their spelling on billboards on street signs....probably using google to translate. It is not regulated

Security

There is no security in the country...presently under Marshal Law...everything is possible.....Dont like it here get out....thats the Thai attitude when they are proven wrong or corrected. In other words they are not on the progressive path...but on the complacent slack attitude......Leave me alone....I am Thai.

Immigration

That is a whole affair of legal gymnastics....a theatre of paper pushers.....they love it

Thats right they are well positioned at 26 on the list

Trust worthy can only be the first 10 the rest you check it out yourself.. come on a holiday and see how you are treated in the airport, shopping malls and on the street......smiles and smugs....

Wow! You think too much! If you are not happy here why do you stay?

I am American and I choose to live in Thailand because I am happier here. While I may criticize my birth country and make positive suggestions to improve it- I do not denigrate the country or its citizens- Many Americans do not have the means to travel or visit other countries because they are too busy working and trying to help their families. Too many people on this board like to put people down because they are different from them but offer nothing positive . In addition- some of the things people on this board say about America and its people are so wildly wrong and biased that they deserve no response.

American? Is that south , mid or north? The Americas are massive.

Or is it to be presumptiuosly accepted that "American" automatically implies the United States of America:?

Because in reality it is as ambiguios as pronouncing " I am European" or " I am a Pacific Islander".

Australians are the only nation to have an exclusiviity because they are the only ones to have an unshared continent ( dismissing the Aboriginals naturally!) .

United States citizens are rarely aware of the percieved arrogance of their arrogance in this and many other presumptions. Sadly that is the result of unrelenting propagandist dogmatism easily maintained because the vast majority of US citizens rarely ever travel outside of their home State. Raise the flag and salute and all is well ! .

Thailand is Thailand in the very midst of South East Asia. And right or wrong it holds up it's middle finger to avert any who would prefer it join the ranks of submissive compliance .

America and American means the USA and people of that country. You seem upset about something and angry about nothing.

Thailand scams a few hundred tourists every year. The US scammed the whole world by selling bad loans which caused a deep worldcrisis.

Many of those "bad loans" were created due to pressure put on banks to make loans to people who would never, ever qualify. The rules and regs were created during the Clinton adminstration and then when the consequences of those terrible policies caused economic disaster, Obama and the rest of the dems blamed everything on George Bush!

End result of all of this is when your top government officials (Obama, Kerry, Clinton's - both of them, etc) are serial liars, how can you be viewed as "trustworthy"?

Exactly and to ever become "trustworthy" again they have to hurry paying their friends for all the damage done. Every day they postpone it makes them look worse in the eye of their victims.

But we all know what's gonna happen, they will never pay of course. So who wants to do business with them in the future? The US is trying to make Europeans buy their stuff by a secret deal but we ain't that simple.

I for one won't buy american products anymore and i know many people who do the same. I don't care who or how they could cheat our banks so bad, they just have to pay for the damage and apologise.

And it hurts even more if i see how they robbed Volkswagon lately. The Japanese cars in the US do the same as VW did but for some reason they think that's OK.

You just can't trust those people. Yes feel free to defend your americanship on this forum, i won't even read it. First the money back which you guys stole from our banks.

Sorry to say .. they will never pay their Massive debts.. soon will be back to 1 Trillion dollar deficits in the near future... and 200Trillion of Unfunded liabilities in Social security and Medicare into the future .. facepalm.gif