Two students dead after minivan/motorcycle collision in Pathum Thani

webfact

Two students dead after minivan/motorcycle collision in Pathum Thani

s4.jpg
Image: Thairath

PATHUM THANI: -- Two teenage students on their way home in Pathum Thani are dead and another is in intensive care after their motorcycle collided with a passenger van in Pathum yesterday afternoon.

The accident happened at a U-turn near the temple of Wat Suwan Jindaram on the Pathum – Lat Lum Kaew Road, reported Thairath.

Khu Bang Luang police who rushed to the scene found an overturned Honda bike on the road and the corpse of a boy in school PE uniform.
Two other students in uniform with grievous injuries were immediately taken to hospital. One of these later died and another is in intensive care.

Nearby was a Bangkok to Kanchanaburi passenger van in the ditch. It had damage to its front and driver Natthawut Bunprap, 26, and four passengers were waiting at the scene.

Natthawut told police that the three students on the bike suddenly pulled out on him as other vehicles were waiting to do a U-turn. He braked but could not avoid hitting them and then lost control of his own vehicle ending up in the ditch.

All the students were from the Pathum Wilai School and were in M3 (Year 10).

Dead at the scene was 14 year old Chanathip Krongsat. Another 14 year old Kittiphat Kruathongchan died later in hospital after suffering head injuries and a broken left leg.

Thanachot Chiawsangran, 15, is in intensive care after suffering multiple and serious head and leg injuries.

Police are continuing to investigate the precise cause of the accident.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-15

If the leaders of this country want it to develop, start off with strict policing of school students riding motorbikes. Zero tolerance, if caught, the scooter is impounded for 6 months, the guardians and school are fined 5,000 baht each. Introduce more public transport to take over.

If.....

if i can recount an old post, cops outside schools waving these kids through the school gates, not one old enough to be on a scooter, so no licence ,, no insurance,, nope nothing is going to change , at all

if i can recount an old post, cops outside schools waving these kids through the school gates, not one old enough to be on a scooter, so no licence ,, no insurance,, nope nothing is going to change , at all

Licensed to kill...

I asked a police friend of ours why underage kids are allowed to ride motorcycles to school.

"How else can they get to school?" was his reply.

I guess he hasn't heard of bicycles, or perhaps Thailand land cover on this Earth increased by the power of 2, since a couple of decades ago...

The subject of kids on motorbikes going and coming from school........it's all been pretty well done over the years.....kids are allowed to ride the motorcycle.....if there is no other means of transport available......but of course it's been a completely abused and accepted by all, and is now totally acceptable by all............it's so Thailand crazy!!

I asked a police friend of ours why underage kids are allowed to ride motorcycles to school.

I guess he hasn't heard of bicycles, or perhaps Thailand land cover on this Earth increased by the power of 2, since a couple of decades ago...

Whilst I'm not totally in favour of so many young people riding motorbikes I'd hate to imagine the carnage if they were all on bicycles.

This must be one of the first topics regarding a mini van accident where one can feel sorry for the driver of the van.

Sad for the parents of the dead and dying students. Others have stated the obvious about motorbikes, kids and traffic etc.

words fail me. the van driver will be prosecuted most likely, a friend of mine was looking for a parking place in the

grounds of a sports complex , when a school kid on a motorcycle crashed into her damaging her car. no one injured.

the police were on the scene, because she was in a car they said she was at fault and demanded 20,000 baht from her

she contacted a local solicitor who got the fine greatly reduced but in the eyes of the police she was the guilty party.

World first - Thailand, a country that issues motorcycle driving licenses to 14-year olds...

They are about as likely to have licenses as they are to have been wearing helmets. Three up on the bike is also illegal.

Whilst I'm not totally in favour of so many young people riding motorbikes I'd hate to imagine the carnage if they were all on bicycles.

NO not all on bicycles.

Where I went to school and later to Technical College when you lived within 2-km from the school it was WALKING to school. If you lived further away it was Public Transport. No not school busses., never heard of such a vehicle.

This is foreign country system, so you will never see it applied in Thailand.

Just keep trucking, it will last my time.

Most of these kids learn to ride motorcycles at a young age and by the time they go to school they can ride better by far than most 'wobbly' farang's who ride here for the first time in their life, causing mayhem. Unfortunately, being a young age also produces a feeling of immortality and a certain amount of showing off, which can lead to an accident such as this and of course helmets aren't 'cool'.. What we don't know is if this van was one of those who flash their lights saying "I'm coming through regardless" and put their foot on the gas. Who knows the truth or who really could have avoided this?

Totally confounding Thai style answer.

The sort of response that leaves one speechless.

World first - Thailand, a country that issues motorcycle driving licenses to 14-year olds...

Don't think they do. I might be wrong but I think 15 for a lower displacement below 100 or 110,, and 18 for above.

Its such a terrible shame to hear this, 2 kids dead, one in ICU,,

When will the government change things?

A school near me, like so many others around the country, has the teachers outside to welcome the students arriving.

They arrive multiple up on motor cycles ridden by parents including police officers, all sans helmets.

Responsibility, what responsibility ?