Honda Tena

Anybody have one of these nippy little bikes? I have a 1996 model, I bought a Yamaha Spark to replace it and now a CBR 300, but find 'Funny' my little Honda the best for riding round BKK.

Pros Gets through gaps like no other bike

Happy to cruise at 60-90kph

Very stable and well planted at any speed

Cons 30-33kms per litre

Back ache after more than an hour in the saddle

Do let me have your ideas on this great little bike.

Found the problem. Oil tank rubber connection defective. Fixing right now. Back on the road soon!

Interesting. I had the same problem with mine a couple of Years ago. By the way, do you notice any stuttering when at a constant throttle in 5th? I've had Honda fit a OE carb which has improved things a little.

Here's a photo of 'Funny'

post-62332-14687646135899_thumb.jpg

Found the problem. Oil tank rubber connection defective. Fixing right now. Back on the road soon!

If you open the oil system on these types of bikes, don't forget to bleed the air out of it afterwards. Usually find a bleed screw on the oil pump.

Interesting. I had the same problem with mine a couple of Years ago. By the way, do you notice any stuttering when at a constant throttle in 5th? I've had Honda fit a OE carb which has improved things a little.

Here's a photo of 'Funny'

I'd consider buying a new OE Honda carb.

It would be a good idea to replace the piping as well as the gasohol wreaks havoc with the rubber.

I'm slowly rebuilding my bike but am increasingly having trouble getting spare parts.

There's something about this bike that makes it one of the best I've owned.

Oops. I must apologise.

I was looking at your bike and wondering how well maintained it looked compared to mine. The rear looked different too...

Until I realised that they are different bikes! Mine is a CELA not a Tena!! I believe the Tena was the successor of the CELA and the precursor of the Sonic? Is that right?

PS: Thanks for the oil tip Bung...will do.

I think you are correct. The Sonic did in effect replace the Tena. Not a bike that appeals to me though, as its a 4 stroke.

I just love the way a 2 stroke pulls. Mine has had a few rebores now and is in effect 125cc. I've now done 84000 kms and hope to hit 100,000, cross fingers!

• 5 months later...

Archived