Planning a 6-7 weeks stay, entering on visa exemption - problem boarding airplane or entering Thaila

Hi folks - advice sought.

I got a trip to Thailand coming up in approx 2 weeks. I plan to stay 6-7 weeks and then fly out to another destination.

As Im for the moment a bit far from and thai embassy/consulate it will be a bit hard to get any visa so I plan to fly in and get a visa excemption and then extend this. Will I have any problem checking in/boarding the plane to Thailand when my outbound ticket is 6-7 weeks later than my entry and after a visa excemption is expired?

You could be denied boarding your flight without a ticket out of the the country within 30 days of arrival. An easy solution to the problem is to buy a low cost one way to ticket to a nearby country. You can find one for around 1000 baht if you buy it in advance.

You can extend your 30 day visa exempt entry for 30 days at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

Thanks for answer UbonJoe. That was what I feared. I couldnt find cheaper airfare out of BKK than around 1600 baht and 1900 baht in extension fee it adds up.

Maybe I should try to get a SETV before going....

Thanks for answer UbonJoe. That was what I feared. I couldnt find cheaper airfare out of BKK than around 1600 baht and 1900 baht in extension fee it adds up.

Maybe I should try to get a SETV before going....

I just checked Air Asia and found a flight from Surat Thani to Kuala Lumpur on the 29th of August for 1090 baht. Since you probably do not plan on using the ticket you can get one from anywhere in the country.

A tourist visa would be the best option if you can get one before you leave.