Map Reference, Please... Chemical Company on Mahidol Rd.

FolkGuitar

Can someone please give me the Google Map coordinates, or a streetview screen shot of the

chemical supply place I've heard about on Mahidol Road. I thought it was between the Changklan Rd and

Lamphun Rd exits, but I drove back and forth twice today (yes, I realized it might be closed on Sunday) looking for some sort of sign, but seeing nothing that caught my eye.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

On the north side of the road there is (or was) a pool supply shop. Is that what you are referring to? If so it is closer to Chiang Mai Land.

Hmmmm.... I really don't know that it's a pool supply store... I've been thinking that it's a chemical supply shop. But if it's closer to Chiangmai Land Road, it could explain why I haven't been able to find it! Thanks for the tip!

The one you refer is called world chemicals.

Cant miss it as there is a massive sign on the roof saying PSI or something like that.

If you go too far u turn under the bridge and there is United chemicals in the orange building on the left.

Drive past Chiang Mai Land on Mahidol Road, now watch out for the big PSI sign on top of a building, the chemical shop is next door to PSI. It's largely a pool supply shop but they sell a lot of bulk chemicals and glassware. Most of the chemical names are listed in Thai, but they have a girl there who can speak English well.

Fantastic! Thanks, folks. Yes, I remember seeing the big PSI sign, so I think I'll have no difficulties now,

other than if they have the chemical that I'm looking for. Perhaps the safer bet will

be "United chemicals in the orange building on the left." Good to have another choice! The last time I bought

this stuff, I got it from the Medical supply store on Suthep Road, but they are out of stock right now. It's just common

Acetone, which I 'could' buy as nail polish remover, but I need about a liter of it. From the supply shops it's about 200 baht.

As nail polish remover it would cost about 1,500 baht to get a liter's worth.

The have 1 litre bottles of acetone, I've bought a few bottles there myself. It's anhydrous acetone, which is probably what you want - unless you really do need to remove nail polish. They also have IPA.

If you do come out of Chiangmai land turning left onto Mahidol ...it is just a little ways up & on the left.

I use to go & buy Magnesium sulfate/ Epsom salt from them

As someone said you will see the PSI sign

they are right side of that with blue frontage

post-82547-0-61465100-1468833397_thumb.j

post-82547-0-84176900-1468833404_thumb.j

Edited by mania

Thanks, all! I was able to get a bottle of acetone today. I bought it at the shop on Suthep Rd, but then went to scope out the other supply shops. 100 baht. Good to have alternatives here in Thailand. I need a liter of acetone at at time, for a dip tank to remove superglue from the length of a fencing epee or foil blade to replace the electrical wiring on them. Otherwise I'd have to sit with a Dremel and a grinding wheels and dig out all the old wires and glue. Soaking the blades for an hour or two lets the wires just fall out, leaving a clean channel for the new ones.

Thanks again for the directions.