Three Vietnamese Die in Border Violence

geovalin

An outbreak of violence between Cambodian officials and Vietnamese nationals near the Cambodia-Vietnam border claimed three lives and resulted in multiple injuries on the weekend. On Friday, two Vietnamese nationals died in a firefight between Vietnamese and Cambodian fishermen that left three others injured, including a Cambodian police officer, in Takeo province’s Bourei Cholsar district.

Provincial police said the cause of the violence was illegal fishing by the Vietnamese. Provincial internal security police chief Chhun Sareth said one of the Vietnamese nationals died at the scene of the shooting, while another died in a hospital from his injuries. Two other Vietnamese nationals were injured in the gunfire, while the third non-fatal casualty was a Cambodian police officer.

Mr. Sareth deferred further questions to the fishery police and provincial military border police. “For more details on this case, go to the fishery police and district border military police. However, the latest information about this case is one more Vietnamese national died at the hospital,” he said, referring to the second Vietnamese fatality.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/27328/three-vietnamese--die-in-border-violence/

Interesting though. Maybe just a summation but problems between Cambodia and Vietnam and before that Thailand and Vietnam involving Fisherman. The common thing is both Cambodia and Thailand being wooed by the Chinese. And we know that no love lost between china and Vietnam. I will watch for further events

Interesting though. Maybe just a summation but problems between Cambodia and Vietnam and before that Thailand and Vietnam involving Fisherman. The common thing is both Cambodia and Thailand being wooed by the Chinese. And we know that no love lost between china and Vietnam. I will watch for further events

Has nothing to do with China, Cambodia and Vietnam have had problems for decades.

China has just offered Cambodia millions of dollars over the next three years, for not protesting Chinese take over of islands close to Vietnam. I am presently in Cambodia and keeping up on the daily news. As you say both countries are being wooed.