Fatal Accident on Third Road. Six Vehicles Destroyed, One Lady Dead

webfact

Fatal Accident on Third Road. Six Vehicles Destroyed, One Lady Dead
Story by Albert Jack

ppp.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Just after midnight on the morning of July 18 the Pattaya police and Sawangboriboon medics were called to Third Road, Pattaya, where there had been a multi vehicle accident.

A black Toyota Viga, licensed in Chonburi, had serious front end damage and a black Honda MSX, licence number 9722, was laying in the road. It’s rider, twenty-nine year old Ms Kitiya Singnoi, had been fatally injured.

Five other motorbikes lay damaged at the scene.

The Vigo’s driver, forty-one year old Thawach O-Sothprasath, admitted he was driving at high speed but that the motorcycle rider cut in front of him from another lane and he could not avoid her. The collision sent the Honda crashing into a line of parked motorbikes causing fatal injuries to Ms Singnoi.

Source: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/227721/fatal-accident-third-road-six-vehicles-destroyed-one-lady-dead/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-07-18

The motorcycle cut in front of him , sounds about par for the course , happened to me at least 3 times yesterday , you just have to drive slower as the average Thai m/cycle rider has very little between the ears , rip young lady .sad.png

The motorcycle cut in front of him , sounds about par for the course , happened to me at least 3 times yesterday , you just have to drive slower as the average Thai m/cycle rider has very little between the ears , rip young lady .sad.png

Doesn't matter who is in front or behind, it's the speed that kills. Nobody will likely die if everyone goes slower.

Songkran is sure death for around 700 people every year. Year after year. Never discussed again.

As soon as they see an empty stretch of road they will speed senseless and the motorcycle riders aren't aware.

Most dangerous in Pattaya is an empty road.

The good thing about the usual jams: no chance to speed.

Safest time for two wheelers wink.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

quote from the OP

"The Vigo’s driver, forty-one year old Thawach O-Sothprasath, admitted he was driving at high speed but that the motorcycle rider cut in front of him from another lane and he could not avoid her."

Of course you could have avoided her if you were not driving at a high speed.

That of course requires common sense which he obviously lacks.

In Thailand the rule of the road is ignore those behind you and don't bother to check your rear view mirror when turning - it is the responsibility of everyone else not to run into you.

The second rule of the road in Thailand is that there is no rules of the road.

Doesn't matter who is in front or behind, it's the speed that kills. Nobody will likely die if everyone goes slower.

Songkran is sure death for around 700 people every year. Year after year. Never discussed again.

700 hey! better check again. smile.png

You have it all wrong, the Pick up driver is the one with nothing between his ears the lady M/Cycle rider was probably driving safe but the idiot pick up driver going way to fast trying to have a accident and he did,,,

I dirive a car and ride a m/bike many car and pick up drivers are very dangerous, as are many other vehicles.

You have it all wrong, the Pick up driver is the one with nothing between his ears the lady M/Cycle rider was probably driving safe but the idiot pick up driver going way to fast trying to have a accident and he did,,,

I dirive a car and ride a m/bike many car and pick up drivers are very dangerous, as are many other vehicles.

You sure !!!!

If you pull out or cut in front of another motor vehicle,

you better make dam sure you can make it, if not don't do it, or better still, let it pass, then pull out

you may die if you don't.

Its pretty simple. wai2.gif

quote from the OP

"The Vigo’s driver, forty-one year old Thawach O-Sothprasath, admitted he was driving at high speed but that the motorcycle rider cut in front of him from another lane and he could not avoid her."

Of course you could have avoided her if you were not driving at a high speed.

That of course requires common sense which he obviously lacks.

"high speed" doesn't mean much, varies greatly from one witness to another. a Kph figure is needed.

If you read my post I said that you should drive slower,but if someone just turns straight into your path ,you have no chance to stop even at the legal speed,it really is up to the driver /rider in front to check their rear view mirror before turning into the path of oncoming traffic,if you don't as so many m/cycle riders don't ,the outcome is as we have many times seen

As soon as they see an empty stretch of road they will speed senseless and the motorcycle riders aren't aware.

Most dangerous in Pattaya is an empty road.

The good thing about the usual jams: no chance to speed.

Safest time for two wheelers wink.png

Same everywhere. a 100m break in the traffic= I wonder if I can break the sound barrier. traffic is good, break in traffic..bad

The Queen song, 'Another One Bites The Dust', quickly springs to mind. Still, it is a sad shame. Condolences to the lady's family and friends.

Driving over the speed limit is the main cause of the seriousness of the accident and anywhere else would be the one cited and going to the courts

Thai daily rate is 70. 350 per week. I can well imagine that doubles during Songkran.

Thai daily rate is 70. 350 per week. I can well imagine that doubles during Songkran.
You are roughly correct on the figures.

As for all the other comments, let's throw them all into one basket; speeding, no helmet, drugs, motorbikes, underage, drinking, to scratch the surface, and I come up with the same conclusion.............they are <deleted>*ng stupid!!!!

With 24,000 deaths on the roads per year or 66 per day, Songkran is just another holiday.

http://apps.who.int/gho/data/node.main.A997

Thais when they get on/in a vehicle cannot wait for anything ,when they get to their destination they will sit and waits for hours / days ,I believe the two were at fault but the pick up driver more wrong because we all know it's speed that kills except in Thailand where vehicles kill alone

In Thailand the rule of the road is ignore those behind you and don't bother to check your rear view mirror when turning - it is the responsibility of everyone else not to run into you.

The second rule of the road in Thailand is that there is no rules of the road.

I have my own variation on that rule. I basically says treat every other user of the road as a psychotic irresponsible person who can not drive and you will ok. There again I have had a lot of years of experience driving in the Middle East. If you think the Thai's are crazy as drivers do not go and drive in the Middle East. Thailand is a piece of cake compared to there.

Correct jeca22.......road fatalities are not important to the Government, the RTP, Tessaban or anyone else....no-one cares......and so they are never discussed again.

Both driving recklessly, both to blame. Case closed. Next....

Correct ,give them both 2 years in prison with no bail

Have you actually read the first post at all?

It will be very difficult to give the motorcyclist 2 years in jail.

Why would that be I wonder?

Perhaps because the dumb pickup driver, who admitted that he was driving too fast, hit her and she in turn crashed into other motorbikes.

By the way is is dead!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the traffic law in every respectable country, so that should include the one where you obtained your driving license, says that you should adjust your speed to the traffic situation so that you can respond in a reasonable way to any foreseeable event.

As you just admitted that you are aware that bikes cut in front frequently, guess who is the one with very little between the ears.

In my humble opinion both your arguments are valid. Many drivers in Thailand seem to have no judgement of appropriate speed for the road location and conditions, this requires one to take responsibility for making that judgement. Many people here don't seem to shoulder even the most basic responsibilities very well at all, just yesterday a car joined from a slip road and almost sideswiped me just because the car in front went first, they simply followed foregoing any responsibility to make a decision, just because the car in front does something, it is not guaranteed that it is safe for you to follow.

On the other side, I have witnessed countless times motorcycles just drifting between lanes without a care in the world, mirrors? often they are positioned so they can look at themselves in them while riding, for some bizarre reason. Many people also seem to lack any concept of speed and distance so they will still change lanes/pull out of a side road regardless of the traffic speed, assuming they bothered to look which is often not the case.

One thing is for sure, the general standard of driving and situational awareness is abysmal in Thailand, combine this with peoples reluctance to shoulder any responsibility there is little wonder there is daily carnage on the roads.

I think the traffic law in every respectable country, so that should include the one where you obtained your driving license, says that you should adjust your speed to the traffic situation so that you can respond in a reasonable way to any foreseeable event.

As you just admitted that you are aware that bikes cut in front frequently, guess who is the one with very little between the ears.

If your suggesting it is me that has little between my years , you should read what i wrote especially the bit that says"YOU JUST HAVE TO DRIVE SLOWER" now would you like me to repeat that , or have you taken it in , at last .

Thats right this reckless jerk probably rammed her while she was driving in straight line. If it had been a male motorcycle driver it would be more believable.( Blaming this young lady in this situation shows very little between the ears) I have heard this lame excuse over and over from these reckless drivers: "The motorcycle cut in front of me". It works every time for these lowlifes because the motorcycle driver is long gone one way or another,then if no witnesses falsify this story all thats left is trying to prove a negative.

Edited by morrobay