Thaksin: Look towards China and what they have achieved

webfact

He wants to come back to Thailand and why not. Why the upheavel, the bs spun by Suthep and his ilk. Let the man come back and then no more divide in Thailand.

He is free to come back whenever he wants. Nobody is stopping him.

Actually, the return of Thaksin is the junta leader's worst nightmare and would have been vigorously opposed by him.
If so why don't he return?

He doesn't like shackles, apparently 5555

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chinese were given farang industries cos of their cheap labour....If the Chinese paid farang wages they would still be in the dark ages..

As the Chinese have to up prices the farang will do industrial stuff at home, which will be great...

Send them Union membership applications 55555

What he Means is Im coming back and like the chinese I can wait till the right time.

Im here, planning my return.

unless of course the powers that be decide that it is time to prevent that from ever happening. Off with the velvet gloves. deal with him properly. in his own fashion.

Planning for my return. And that no doubt means establishing a list of folks / organizations etc., who were promised the world but it never happened.

Just two examples:

- Taxi drivers who were on mass promised new homes and new cars - never happened. And in reality any government should be making policies which are broad, not policies which target groups of specific people who are potential mass positive voters. In reality this strategy breaks laws about anti-discrimination.

- Everybody will be rich in six months.

Edited by scorecard

He wants to come back to Thailand and why not. Why the upheavel, the bs spun by Suthep and his ilk. Let the man come back and then no more divide in Thailand.

Actually, the return of Thaksin is the junta leader's worst nightmare and would have been vigorously opposed by him.

He also does not like to push off a building, die of fatal disease, sucide by hanging and all those nasty unfortunate incidents when you behind bars. Seem these unfortunate accidents always happen when country in military rule.

He also does not like to push off a building, die of fatal disease, sucide by hanging and all those nasty unfortunate incidents when you behind bars. Seem these unfortunate accidents always happen when country in military rule.

Are u saying they never occurred before that?

he was wanted prior to

The last coup.....went scampering well before that ;)

The sneaky military have been looking to China, remember the army tried to outsmart the Chinese with the "high-speed" train project. China said no, so to save a bit of "face" the army decided it could afford to pay on its own for a 3.5 kilometer bit of rail track, from somewhere to nowhere.

Thailand has totally lost its way, it will never ever achieve anywhere near what China has. And even other ASEAN countries are flying past Thailand economically these days. The military are not suited to running an economy and so far they have done an excellent job of wrecking Thailand's even more. So even now Thailand still has an overpriced currency and huge influx of zero spending tourists which is helping the economy to slip and slide even further, and exports are declining weekly, and the growth rate has fallen off the chart.

Various countries are advising Thailand to clean up its act, allow its people to talk, hold proper elections etc but the military say no, they say that the west does not understand Thainess and Thai internal affairs because they are ignorant people who lack a long standing cultural heritage like Thailand has(?). The military do not understand why foreigners are not racing into the country to run businesses: a country where no foreigner is allowed ownership of his/her company, a country where the immigration are an awkward obstacle, so are the customs, a place where there is the promise of a single internet gateway and lots more censorship. The military can only promise Thai people that the country will have lots of tanks, helicopters, a few subs and even more corruption but jobs, low inflation, decent healthcare, decent education, the right to free speech, the right to a fair trial etc is not a part of their agenda.

Thailand now simply believes in its own self importance which of course is imaginary, it no longer has any strategic importance in the world, remember big loss of face at the UN a few weeks ago.. The military need to realize that it is down to them to put the country back on track and quickly because nobody in the world wants to help a deaf and dumb failure.

Chinese were given farang industries cos of their cheap labour....If the Chinese paid farang wages they would still be in the dark ages..

As the Chinese have to up prices the farang will do industrial stuff at home, which will be great...

Cheap labor only applies to factory workers. Educated Chinese working in the big cities make the same or more than many foreigners. They currently have have 1.3 millionaires, and counting. Wrap your head around that. What is the population of the city you came from?

Government behavior aside, he is right. Chinese entrepreneurs deserve praise. They are becoming more innovative and if they lack innovation, they make up for it in taking on ventures. They provide resources for electric cars, smart phones computers and much more.

Amazing---and here was I under the impression that they actually stole other people inventions, (even when patterned )

They for- filled orders ---but then also made an inferior copies of the said product to sell as well.

They provided capital for smart-cars-smart phones Iphones etc computers etc....after making them for someone & seeing that the product was good.

I am just amazed that there is a long list of things that they actually have invented themselves........I'll enjoy reading the list

If someone would provide it..........

....................it shouldn't be much of a wait....................coffee1.gif

You would not believe the divide in Thailand if he came back.

A civil war maybe?

Say what you please in response but the bottom line: he's correct ( however irksome some might find it).

Certainly if Thailand converts to a pseudo Communist nation controlled by a Fascist government of ruling untouchable elite.

Oh yeah ! Forgot ! It was heading that way!. cheesy.gif

Whereas China is moving in the opposite direction gradually.

Say what you please in response but the bottom line: he's correct ( however irksome some might find it).

but ... but ... nice posters here were telling me that it was bad of the junta to look too much at China.

Mind you, maybe the self-styled defenders of democracy and Thaksin will be working on their story as I write this

A civil war maybe?

Would hope so, country needs a shake up !!

...have others readabout a charming character named George Soros who funded and instigated the Ukraine regime change, the rapefugee crisis currently unfolding in the EuroZone, shorting the Brit pound and walking away with a cool $1billion as his chump change---yes...the same George Soros that shorted the Thai baht in the late 1990s, causing the Asian meltdown?

Same schmuck. Worth a Google search....

...ah...I've been wanting to post a "tip o' the shanter" to all the TV posters. There are many fine folks making insightfuls posts. Great takes and responses. Dunno about other readers and posters---I enjoy learning of other's input. I did not live in Thailand during the Thaksin years and cannot speak from personal experience.

From all accounts, Thaksin is a charismatic, dynamic political force. No doubt given to the Dark Side to pay tribute to HIS HANDLERS. Is not Thaksin's scourge not a scourge on EVERYMAN? This guy could rally muang Thai to greater heights. But he has been marginalized. Really, the battle over Thailand is a battle of Handlers and their PayMasters.

Some call this the "status quo," etc.

It is shocking that Thaksin's heart was and still in the right place---medical care for the less fortunate. Schools. Thaksin held the HiSo's feet on their promise of "trickle-down wealth effect" to the fire. To assist those in need. Thaksin is still very much alive in the hearts and souls and memories of kon Isaan. And elsewhere.

Grant the Man his due. He set the bar high, yet fleeced his own standards. He's beyond a study of ying/yang.

It is very easy to make pillow-talk promises to a downtrodden populace. This is Thaksin's charm. He promised kon Thai LONG TIME support and attention.

In the end, Thaksin proved to be just another SHORT TIME interloper.

He broke their heart. Fools that kon Thai can be at times---they still want to believe their shotime lover will come back.

In the final analysis---we all love The Kingdom of Thailand, warts and all.

No place like it on Earth, thankfully so....

He would by in prison doing his two years sentence because of his convection.

Better let him stay in the sandpit, then.

A civil war maybe?

Would hope so, country needs a shake up !!

I guess you don´t live here then?

Because it might very well lead to his early demise. Duh!

His choice,he can come back any time he likes and go to jail for 2 years,plus plenty for absconding i would hope.Then face more charges waiting for him.

...ah...I've been wanting to post a "tip o' the shanter" to all the TV posters. There are many fine folks making insightfuls posts. Great takes and responses. Dunno about other readers and posters---I enjoy learning of other's input. I did not live in Thailand during the Thaksin years and cannot speak from personal experience.

From all accounts, Thaksin is a charismatic, dynamic political force. No doubt given to the Dark Side to pay tribute to HIS HANDLERS. Is not Thaksin's scourge not a scourge on EVERYMAN? This guy could rally muang Thai to greater heights. But he has been marginalized. Really, the battle over Thailand is a battle of Handlers and their PayMasters.

Some call this the "status quo," etc.

It is shocking that Thaksin's heart was and still in the right place---medical care for the less fortunate. Schools. Thaksin held the HiSo's feet on their promise of "trickle-down wealth effect" to the fire. To assist those in need. Thaksin is still very much alive in the hearts and souls and memories of kon Isaan. And elsewhere.

Grant the Man his due. He set the bar high, yet fleeced his own standards. He's beyond a study of ying/yang.

It is very easy to make pillow-talk promises to a downtrodden populace. This is Thaksin's charm. He promised kon Thai LONG TIME support and attention.

In the end, Thaksin proved to be just another SHORT TIME interloper.

He broke their heart. Fools that kon Thai can be at times---they still want to believe their shotime lover will come back.

In the final analysis---we all love The Kingdom of Thailand, warts and all.

No place like it on Earth, thankfully so....

Major kudos, for one of the more objective, incisive observations on Mr. T. Why he went from hero to zero, I will never understand.

No they will just compete like any other country.

Problem in the US, nobody wants to fund manufacturing. The facilities to do so are greater in China.

Government behavior aside, he is right. Chinese entrepreneurs deserve praise. They are becoming more innovative and if they lack innovation, they make up for it in taking on ventures. They provide resources for electric cars, smart phones computers and much more.

Amazing---and here was I under the impression that they actually stole other people inventions, (even when patterned )

They for- filled orders ---but then also made an inferior copies of the said product to sell as well.

They provided capital for smart-cars-smart phones Iphones etc computers etc....after making them for someone & seeing that the product was good.

I am just amazed that there is a long list of things that they actually have invented themselves........I'll enjoy reading the list

If someone would provide it..........

....................it shouldn't be much of a wait....................coffee1.gif

Suggest you visit http://www.alibaba.com/ . Your curiosity may be satisfied. A highlight would be: "China builds world’s fastest supercomputer without U.S. chips"

We buy lots of parts in China we cannot get anywhere else. China quality is now gaining on Taiwan.

Have a look at: http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonchang/2015/05/17/move-over-hong-kong-shenzhen-now-chinas-best-city-for-busines/#4b566ae63546

You do not spend much time in China most likely

Edited by yellowboat

If Thaksin was a Chinese and done the same as here we would be either executed or doing about 25 tears.

Thaksin and his clan are (of) chinese (origine), coming from the southern chinese Hainan ('hakku'), the name being Ku Shun (when I remember well), the chosen Thai name Shinawat(ra)(grammatically incorrect it seems) was the name of a silk shop ('the one you can trust') in CM, used this to avoid the special tax on chinese businesses introduced by H. M. King Rama 3. It is said the clan is still living according to strict chinese traditions, uses, and beliefs...

'Look towards China and what they have achieved'... 'Democracy' you mean? Ah, no, true, you said it yourself: 'Democracy is not my goal'...

Dare to go tell the Thais they will have to work in the same (hard, unhealthy, dangerous, inhumane) conditions and for the same salaries as the 'basic' chinaman, with the same lack of freedom, what would Drs Thida and Weng, and your red shirts think about that one...

'Look towards China and what they have achieved'... 'Democracy' you mean? Ah, no, true, you said it yourself: 'Democracy is not my goal'...

Dare to go tell the Thais they will have to work in the same (hard, unhealthy, dangerous, inhumane) conditions and for the same salaries as the 'basic' chinaman, with the same lack of freedom, what would Drs Thida and Weng, and your red shirts think about that one...

Thaksin is talking about ecomonics not democracy. I think, if the translation is correct on the OP. Otherwise I wouldn't know. I used to embed alot of Thai news videos onto threads. Now I realise why people got peeved off by them. I watched a few. If you don't speak Thai fluently you can't understand a word. Now I get it!

Well, a fool such as I.

Anyhow, I still prefer Thaksin when he ran the show out here than the current government. No doubts there. And to be honest I have a bit of a crush on Yingluck. Better than have a crush of Abhisit. Or is it? Maybe a threesome then, why not? This is Thailand after all.

"I'm on top Mark"

Edited by Wilsonandson

So when Prayut warms to Chinese relations and looks towards China he is labeled a communist.

When Thaksin (who also had relations with China though not as robust as with Prayut) says "Look towards China" the comments are "Say what you please in response but the bottom line: he's correct ( however irksome some might find it)"

Haha. thaksin supporter logic right their folks.

You can say that for many countries. China is a copy culture. They copy products, steal ideas, ride on the backs of real creators. They will be able to rise to a certain level, but as wages rise, there will be no large rewards for exports. I admire their ambitions and work ethic, but communism and creativity do not have a healthy relationship. There are still people that remember the Cultural Revolution!

You can say that for many countries. China is a copy culture. They copy products, steal ideas, ride on the backs of real creators. They will be able to rise to a certain level, but as wages rise, there will be no large rewards for exports. I admire their ambitions and work ethic, but communism and creativity do not have a healthy relationship. There are still people that remember the Cultural Revolution!

What are China's ambitions in dealing with Thailand?

Do they prefer Prayuth or Thaksin?

Seems to me that Thaksin was easier to deal with than Prayuth.

As Thaksin is a self-made Billionaire. Wouldn't he know better about economics than Prayuth? If I had money to invest I'd rather give it to Thaksin than Prayuth.

Edited by Wilsonandson