Taste buds burnt out

Kenny202

Ever since coming to Thailand I find food that I would have cooked back home and would be super tasty just doesn't cut it anymore. I need to amp up the garlic and chilli by 10 to get any flavor. Eating a lot more sugar and salt too. Anyone find the same thing?

Western ingredients tend to be rather poor quality here. Overpriced, too.

Better to eat Thai food.

I like Thai food but they do tend to generally have the same 5 or 6 dishes, unless you like real Isaan food. Most of the better restaurants are either Shabu, hotpot or buffet. I make all of my own Western food. Bread, ham, bacon. Beetroot, pickles, chutney. Pies, cakes, cookies. Spring rolls. Preserved fruit. Do my own mince, pasta. Freezers chockers. I've never eaten so well in my life! I even cook most of our Thai stuff...curries, satays, bbq pork and chicken. Even got beef sussed now. Marinate it in papaya juice for 4 hours at room temp and tender as. Not same flavour as Aussie beef but pretty damn good

Western ingredients tend to be rather poor quality here. Overpriced, too.

Better to eat Thai food.

I like Thai food but they do tend to generally have the same 5 or 6 dishes, unless you like real Isaan food. Most of the better restaurants are either Shabu, hotpot or buffet. I make all of my own Western food. Bread, ham, bacon. Beetroot, pickles, chutney. Pies, cakes, cookies. Spring rolls. Preserved fruit. Do my own mince, pasta. Freezers chockers. I've never eaten so well in my life! I even cook most of our Thai stuff...curries, satays, bbq pork and chicken. Even got beef sussed now. Marinate it in papaya juice for 4 hours at room temp and tender as. Not same flavour as Aussie beef but pretty damn good

5 or 6 dishes!

You clearly don't know much about Thai food.