Wine for the "Uneducated Palate"

patsfangr

1 hour ago, jrjrjr said:

hello, I tried this wine and find it quite special, tasting as California wine. I wonder what additives it is full of, but anyway, better to drink than most crap, for 300 thb only.

I found it at BigC but not all bigC seem to carry it ?

Anybody else has tried it ?

Yes though some time ago now and found it far too lightweight with not much body at all.

Would be the sort of wine that would go with Thai food or indeed knocking back a pizza...…..a light swigging wine.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Yes though some time ago now and found it far too lightweight with not much body at all.

Would be the sort of wine that would go with Thai food or indeed knocking back a pizza...…..a light swigging wine.

What kind of food do you usually eat ? Caviar ?

I find this wine perfect for any food, but of course it's still a cheap wine sold in Thailand.

11 minutes ago, jrjrjr said:

What kind of food do you usually eat ? Caviar ?

I find this wine perfect for any food, but of course it's still a cheap wine sold in Thailand.

Caviar...…..not for some time now!!

As I said far too lightweight for my taste and at the moment drinking mostly Aussie and Italian wines with the occasional bottle of French thrown in.

• Haha 1

We've been getting by with Laughing Bird Aussie Dry Red. Actually it's not bad. If memory serves, it was mentioned earlier on or perhaps another thread. Deep red color and medium/full bodied. 13. 5% alc. 1.5 ltr bottle is B469 @ Tesco/Lotus.

Also decent is another Aussie red, Charles Strong. 750ml bottle @ Tesco is B299. 

• Confused 1

We've been getting by with Laughing Bird Aussie Dry Red. Actually it's not bad. If memory serves, it was mentioned earlier on or perhaps another thread. Deep red color and medium/full bodied. 13. 5% alc. 1.5 ltr bottle is B469 @ Tesco/Lotus.

Also decent is another Aussie red, Charles Strong. 750ml bottle @ Tesco is B299. 
I think the bird is probably best value out there atm

Mind blowing how the wine sector has become a rip off. In Pattaya at the moment and the friendship supermarket where I buy wine never has a single person in the wine section around 7 pm when it should be busy

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Charles strong is ok to drink but it was previously sold 200 thb and almost doesn't taste as wine: it's a fruit juice with alcohol.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, jrjrjr said:

Charles strong is ok to drink but it was previously sold 200 thb and almost doesn't taste as wine: it's a fruit juice with alcohol.

I think you'll find that it is a fruit wine made with grapes and fruit/juice added to the mix, with the fermentation producing the alcohol.

For what it is it tastes ok...……..same with Laughing Bird, and that's an ok fruit wine as well.

• Haha 1

On 7/19/2016 at 12:39 PM, namatjira said:

Nearly all wine sold in Thailand is for the uneducated palette......

What a humorous post. Talking about uneducated, a palette is used by artists for mixing their paints. A palate is what we have for tasting wine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1