Two passports: six SETVs?

A friend has two passports ( UK & Australia).

Let's imagine that she has a 60 day SETV in the British passport, extends by 30 days, leaves Thailand at the expiry date and then returns with a 60 day SETV in her Australian passport. Repeat; in theory giving her six 90 day stays.

Possible - or not?

It might be possible but all trips to the embassies and consulates would have to be done by air to swap passports. Passport swaps cannot be done at border crossings.

She would also need to use the passport for entry to the country where she would be applying.

yes very possible i know some one with two passports and has done the same for 2 years going out with one and in with another ,both uk passports so you can get visa excempt 30 days coming in the choose how to go and get your setv by land or plane doesnt matter.

Probably a lot less hassle to just get 2 METVs. The requirements when applying in Western countries are actually not that stict.

I heard on the Radio FM 103 today that the government was stopping ALL Re-Entry visa so maybe METV is not a good idea

Probably a lot less hassle to just get 2 METVs. The requirements when applying in Western countries are actually not that stict.

I heard on the Radio FM 103 today that the government was stopping ALL Re-Entry visa so maybe METV is not a good idea

What do you mean by a re-entry visa since there is not one.

I am thinking what you heard was something to do with a 2 year old news story that got posted on twitter about visa runs for visa exempt entries not being allowed after the 12th of August.

They were probably reporting on the article that Pattaya one mistakenly put on their rrs feed yesterday from 2 years ago which was quickly taken down and FM 103 wasn't smart enough to pick up on the error.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/932652-More-bad-news-for-Visa-runners

Edited by Rayk

Do you mean re-entry permits to keep existing permission to stay valid when leaving and re-entering the country? If so (and I consider this extremely unlikely) it would make multiple entry visas more desirable as there is no need to use re-entry permits with them.

Edited by BritTim

Start off with one METV. No use getting two as they will expire at the same time. That will

get you to almost 9 months. Then SETV to surrounding countries. If planned in advance

flights are cheap. 2k baht return DMK to HCMC and no visa needed for your UK passport

going to Vietnam. Between Penang, HCMC, Hanoi, Savannakhet, Vientiane, you could

fly to turn over passports or bus to Laos as you don't always have to change passports.

Then you could fly back to Sydney on a cheap flight and get another METV for a 9 month

stay. Not sure why you would want to juggle that much but you could do a lot. Just don't

work and stay legal with your visas.