vegan restaurant in bkk

davidst01

can Thai food also be Vegan ? it seems much has meat broth , or eggs or oil/lard

and lots of things that no one knows what its made of smile.png

Thailand has a festival every year where people all over the country eat Thai vegan (jay) food for nine days, especially in Phuket, Bangkok Chinatown, and other areas with many Thai-Chinese.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Emperor_Gods_Festival

I would also recommend May Veggie Home.

Also, food courts if you are looking for something fast and cheap. There is a vegetarian stall in the food court on the 5th floor of Terminal 21 (Pier 21); the basement of Emquartier (Quartier Food Hall)- they have good noodles; Central World in the food court inside the Gourmet Market; and MBK (I believe it is on the 7th floor, not the International food court).

Central world vegetarian closed quite awhile back

Also, food courts if you are looking for something fast and cheap. There is a vegetarian stall in the food court on the 5th floor of Terminal 21 (Pier 21); the basement of Emquartier (Quartier Food Hall)- they have good noodles; Central World in the food court inside the Gourmet Market; and MBK (I believe it is on the 7th floor, not the International food court).

There's still a vegetarian counter in the Terminal 21 food court. Very cheap, each item like 30 baht or so. Order from trays on display, use the food court's top-up card, then go try to find an open table in the food court.

They typically have varying combinations of vegetable dishes, noodle dishes, and faux-meat/tofu dishes.

I think May is by far he best place I have been to. Right at Suk and Asoke.

The spicy spaghetti s awesome.

Under no circumstances is May Veggoe Home to be confused with May Kaidee….she's some sort of tv celebrity who also does vegan….but her restaurant at Khao San Road is pure crap. Proceed at your own risk….I took one look at the insipid buffet and did a U-turn.

Are you sure? I went there a couple weeks ago and it was still there. It is a counter inside the food hall on the same floor as the movie theaters.