Fill out forms at CW...at photo and copy shop.

Not sure if you understand that heading, but what I meant was that you can have your forms filled out in ChaengWattana in the same place where you can get photos made and copies done.

On the ground (first) floor, at the rear there is a photo place and a copy place.

For (I believe) 30 Baht one of the workers there will also fill out your application forms.

You will need to sign the form yourself, of course, and maybe paste the photo on yourself, but they do all the rest.

All the forms will be correctly filled our, but the writing will be in Thai.

Upstairs in immigration, no one cares.....they know who filled out your form as the name is on the form as the person who filled the form..

Depending on the queue, maybe takes less than 10 minutes to it all done.

Then head upstairs and just go to the queue for a number.

The worker downstairs wants to see your passport and perhaps an address card for your residence and telephone number to fill out the forms.

Avoid the crowd upstairs, just walk through to get your queue number.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
  • Like 1

Avoid the crowd? The crowd will be there regardless of who completes the forms that you could just as easily do yourself without having to walk to the shop and back and join the crowd down there. Completing your own name and address and passport details is hardly rocket science. Even better complete the forms at home then go straight for your queue number.

Here's my tip for visas, extensions etc...go late with all your documents completed, not early in the morning (unless you can time it to be one of the first in). Get a ticket just before they stop issuing them at 3.30, they'll want everyone out as soon as possible so they can all go home so processing will be done relatively quickly.

They can't tell you to come back after the lunch break, neither can they suggest you return the next day if you're renewing on the expiry date of your visa/extension. Don't believe the hooey that the place is emptied at 4.30pm. When I was there recently they were still calling queue numbers at 5.15.