Police top brass demand swift action in Swedish man's "execution" in Cha Am

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Spokesman Krissana Patanacharoen said that the commissioner of police wants to see those responsible arrested quickly as it represents an important case."

...........So other murders are not important?

Start with the women or partners he had.

What a nightmare.

I am convinced I read stories of people dying all day.........crazy.

Looks like if a few more are shot then police will increase road safety and cash in on no helmet fines to cover the costs of infestigating.

Execution of farang? May he RIP and I hope someone will take care of his dogs.

Sure glad I don't own property here.

Am trying to find the connection between this story and owning property in Thailand?

Because people who rent don't get murdered?

We'd have to have a statistical analysis comparing murder rates of property owners vs renters, wouldn't we?

Given many murders in Thailand are money-related, ClutchClark may have a point.

As usual the negative blaggers are out in force.

So should one of you who is injured greviously or killed by some random crack head or even a jealous wannabe who fancies your partner or presumed wealth you can RIP in the prior knowledge that you have pre ordained the fact that the event will be dismissed, contrived, or otherwise be deemed to be of no importance to anybody other than brief derogatory comment about either yourselves or vague interest by investigtors. And media details will of course omit anything substantially related to your pathetic existence in Thailand with exception perhaps to the common speculations about paedophilia, drug abuse, or a myriad of negative etc's in conjunction with Myanmar scapegoats, corrupt police! Happy with that?smile.png

Dont they do tests for gunpowder residue check all the suspects jee its not rocket science. R.I.P Lars and condolences to his Family

it really doesn't matter what they test for - they will have compromised the site and therefore all the evidence anyhow.

As in a seedy episode of CSI ?clap2.gif

...time to start holding scammy...scummy.....Thai women accountable for ruining hapless foreigners' lives....

...and the embassies and respective governments have to voice objection and concern and push for some rights.....

...wonder what the statistic is....broke or dead after marriage....

Swift action, quick results etc are dangerous things to say as there may well be a quick result but will it be genuine ?

The police brass should simply pass down the chain of command the need to get it done and done properly while assuring the family and the public that everything possible is being done although I'm not sure with the BIB's reputation they'll always be believed.

However here it's all about publicity so there's grand instructions and grandiose claims, telegraphed plans announcing what will happen next and when, which premises will be searched etc all to make it sound good.

Balance this with the case involving a certain monk, and others, where action appears to have ground to a halt and now doesn't even rate a mention.

Yes we live in the land of bull ....t.

Please no bone heads tell me to go home if I don't like it, just use telling it the way it is.

Bizarre post of the month ! care to elaborate ?

If you cannot figure this one out you need serious help.

Bizarre post of the month ! care to elaborate ?

If you cannot figure this one out you need serious help.

Your bluffing laugh.png

from what i have read it says he was in competition with a local who had a similar business next door and they were not on good terms. the deceased was running his business to a very high standard and was doing quite well. hope they are investigating that angle. i have a business in pattaya and i have it fully covered by CCTV. takes alot of maintenance to keep it running but it is good peace of mind.

So is there some mechanism in place, whereby if something happens to you, the recordings will not be mysteriously broken, missing or lost?

Might be ok to have a business that flys under the radar (somehow?)

but for the potential (small) gains to be had, and all the hoops you have to jump through, its just not worth it IMO.

Its just to easy for them to get away with it. If someone wants you gone, they very well know the Thai cops have their back against a dead farang.

Because people who rent don't get murdered?

Yes, renters and cat owners are immortal here.

cases like these makes one question "the land of smiles" school.

more like the wild west where scores are settled by the gun rather than the rule of law.

looks like it is a sin to get into any tiff with a local.

: locals have Guns, Falangs don't !!! sad.png

Is that a question or are you trying to make a point? If a question I can understand that reply but if your trying to make a point you missed the mark.

" Krissana said that over the last five days one million vehicles had ben stopped and checked resulting in 100,000 offences. Though he said that most of these were for helmet and seatbelt infractions. " er what about unlicensed drivers about 900000 as a stab in the dark, not to mention drug affected....coffee1.gif

Rubbish on the last statement,stab in the dark as opposed to facts.Get yourself down to the local licence place a see how many Thais are there to sit the licence test.I know plenty of men from the once great Britian who flash a way out of date UK licence trying to scam their way through.Some succeed,some don't. One bloke was quiet proud to say that he got away with it most times.They're blind or they can't read English he claimed.Another Brit just speeds everywhere with 200 baht ready to hand over.

from what i have read it says he was in competition with a local who had a similar business next door and they were not on good terms. the deceased was running his business to a very high standard and was doing quite well. hope they are investigating that angle. i have a business in pattaya and i have it fully covered by CCTV. takes alot of maintenance to keep it running but it is good peace of mind.

It won't stop you getting murdered in your sleep.It may help catch your murderers though,if they didn't wear masks of course.Maybe some alarms would be a wiser choice.

Am trying to find the connection between this story and owning property in Thailand?

Some may consider it motive.

In deference to the Police statement it would initially appear that this person was possibly generally well respected and his murder was/is of concern to the community who have made that clear to the RTP ?

Many on this forum may be shocked to learn that some of us that bother to fit in with their society and learn the lingo, actually,against all the odds are actually liked.Or maybe i am delusional.

In deference to the Police statement it would initially appear that this person was possibly generally well respected and his murder was/is of concern to the community who have made that clear to the RTP ?

Many on this forum may be shocked to learn that some of us that bother to fit in with their society and learn the lingo, actually,against all the odds are actually liked.Or maybe i am delusional.

Delusional.

You will always be expendable. That is the reality here. Failure to understand that you have no rights or protections results in an unpleasant surprise.

So is there some mechanism in place, whereby if something happens to you, the recordings will not be mysteriously broken, missing or lost?

Might be ok to have a business that flys under the radar (somehow?)

but for the potential (small) gains to be had, and all the hoops you have to jump through, its just not worth it IMO.

Its just to easy for them to get away with it. If someone wants you gone, they very well know the Thai cops have their back against a dead farang.

And of course you know this from personal experience !whistling.gif

Looks like they have the right guy,i did not think the police was right when they suggested Donald was shot while sitting behind his pc.

The lay of the land does not allow any one to enter without his dogs alarming,he knew some one was there.

As for having insulted the shooter and his family,Donald did not speak any Thai and i doubt very much the people around there can speak English.

This was not a case of anger ,it is premeditated murder!!!

Archived