Convert Tv To Non-imm For Medical Treatment

Anyone know if I can covert a tourist visa to a non-immigrant inside Thailand? This would be for the purpose of an extended hospital stay for treatment of a serious illness.

You should be able to get the necessary extension of stay without a need to change your visa type. Go to your local immigration office with a certificate from the doctor who is treating you. This document should also indicate the expected duration of treatment.

--------------

Maestro

Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok will take care of all of that for you. Just tell the reception/nurse, whoever, and they'll get you to the right department. They'll keep renewing your visa as long as necessary (and you're paying your bills).

At Bangkok Phuket International Hosptial (in Phuket, of course) you have to ask the doctor yourself. He writes a little doctor slip. You have to take this note to the immigration police and renew your visa yourself. Not so great if you're sick as a dog or not so mobile. The hospital administration says it is usually possible to get a medical visa if you're sick enough, but they have had a few patients who had problems.

Best of luck.

Thank you for the responses.

Do you know if someone can get an extension for me? I am afraid I will be in the hospital when my visa expires.

I am being treated at Chula, so the services offered are rather limited. A written statement from my Doctor is no problem, but other than that...

Thank you for the responses.

Do you know if someone can get an extension for me? I am afraid I will be in the hospital when my visa expires.

I am being treated at Chula, so the services offered are rather limited. A written statement from my Doctor is no problem, but other than that...

Our firm has helped clients like yourself. Our professional fee is 3,900 Baht plus 7% Vat. We will go to the hospital for a small traveling fee.

Will send a private message to see if you like our help.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com