Jetstar flight from Sydney to Phuket forced to land in Bali to offload ‘disruptive’ passengers

webfact

Simple, breath test PAX prior to

Boarding at depature gate.

Ban alcohol service in flight

Disruptive passengers should be cuffed, hooded and placed in a small cage & lowered to the coldest part of the cargo area.

If a flights diverted min sentence of 5 years custodial & public lashings. Plus all fees paid and $10,000 compensation to each passenger and crew member in board.

Easy

Not so EASY ... airline companies have to accommodate all customers. In my previous business life I flew often all over the world. I can only remember a couple of times drunks were even challenged at the gate.

I just wonder how well ground staff are trained in dealing with obvious drunks. As for flight staff then I wonder if they can refuse selling alcohol onboard. That would lead to an emergency landing, as in this case.

Edited by LivinginKata

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem starts at their departure airport in Oz where they 'pre-load' with grog at the bars in the terminal.

Then on the flight they get stuck into all the free grog they can get.

I gather they all have been banned already.

Good riddance. I say this as an Aussie who hates this sort of crap.

Disruptive passengers should be cuffed, hooded and placed in a small cage & lowered to the coldest part of the cargo area.

If a flights diverted min sentence of 5 years custodial & public lashings. Plus all fees paid and $10,000 compensation to each passenger and crew member in board.

Easy

The problem is, Airports and Airlines make a lot of money from alcohol sales.

Would you, and every other passenger, be prepared to absorb this loss of this revenue onto the price of the air ticket?

Wouldn't worry me mate, I'm cashed up and only fly a few times a year, but I can't speak for everyone else.....easy if i could though 55555

Easy

Not so EASY ... airline companies have to accommodate all customers. In my previous business life I flew often all over the world. I can only remember a couple of times drunks were even challenged at the gate.

I just wonder how well ground staff are trained in dealing with obvious drunks. As for flight staff then I wonder if they can refuse selling alcohol onboard. That would lead to an emergency landing, as in this case.

Howdee LIK,

I do realise they need to accomodate for everyone not just cranky me. Flight Attendants can refuse service of alcohol and airlines like emirates and Singapore are quiet good for that. Cheaper airlines bit of a circus.

I became cranky and lacked tolerance years ago and went into business where there's less knobs per square foot of space.

But I still hold the opinion drunk folk in planes is not a good thing, if an emergency comes along, they'll be a problem guaranteed.

There's an ex flighty here on TVF.....he knows what it's about, I feel sorry for those guys and girls.

The problem starts at their departure airport in Oz where they 'pre-load' with grog at the bars in the terminal.

Easy

Would you, and every other passenger, be prepared to absorb this loss of this revenue onto the price of the air ticket?

Wouldn't worry me mate, I'm cashed up and only fly a few times a year, but I can't speak for everyone else.....easy if i could though 55555

"I'm cashed up and only fly a few times a year," - if you were that "cashed up" I am sure you would fly more than a few times a year. smile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

I am waiting for they day they do this with non-stop crying children, together with their ignorant parents,

Well genius, pray enlighten us all on how a crying child can be silenced to your liking?

Or there again, cough up and fly business or first so you don't get put with all those little urchins.

Whilst I acknowledge that infants can't always be silenced, airlines should have a sub cabin for a.holes with children, it should be sealed and sound proofed & under no circumstances should children be booked in other sections of the plane.

Drunk grubs should be 1 strike u are OUT - Never allowed to fly again.

Fat slobs and chain smoking cretins should travel by boat.

What about just desirable folk with decent human behaviour allowed to fly

The babies cry because they're uncomfortable and frightened. They're so young they can't be instructed about either (e.g., how to clear their ears). It's a matter of parental neglect & abuse. The baby is being made to fly for the convenience of the parents. Parents should face criminal charges. Edited by hawker9000

Easy

"I'm cashed up and only fly a few times a year," - if you were that "cashed up" I am sure you would fly more than a few times a year. smile.png

But you're assuming that I want to fly somewhere. What if I don't. I hate flying as a passenger, loved flying as pilot in command.

I've probably been on more flights than you've had hot meals.

2 or 3?a year is more than enough, THANKYOU very much

Easy

But you're assuming that I want to fly somewhere. What if I don't. I hate flying as a passenger, loved flying as pilot in command.

Well, sounds like kharma to me. You now get to experience what the passengers do. biggrin.png

Easy

Well, sounds like kharma to me. You now get to experience what the passengers do. biggrin.png

It's a pity that a replacement for concord was never explored. Sydney to bkk in 3 hrs......Saweet

@ neverdie

"It's a pity that a replacement for concord was never explored. Sydney to bkk in 3 hrs" - this would be no good for airlines.

Think of how much more alcohol they can sell on an 11 hour flight, compared to a 3 hour flight. biggrin.png

In any case, when alcohol is banned from any event, many people turn to drugs. You would be swapping one problem for another.

It's obvious the airlines need to move fast to ban groups of more than 2-3 males on a plane from problem destinations and problem flights,such as Jetstar from Australia to Bali and Thailand,for the safety and comfort of fellow passengers!