Keep marriage visa extension after moving to own condo

Hi

Soon I will start to work in Rayong.

I intent to buy a condo in Rayong, since I think it is to much to drive every day from BKK to Rayong and back.

But, if my Thai wife live in BKK and I have a condo in Rayong.... Ccan I then keep extending my non "O" visa based om Marriage?

Our house in BKK is own by my wife and I will have a yellow book in Rayong (I think).

Question:

Do I really need to convert my visa to a business visa or is it possible to keep the easy "Marriage Visa" (Non O)?

You can have a work permit and work with an extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage.

After moving to Rayong you will need to change your address to there in order to apply for your next extension at the immigration office there.

You are still married, so that will continue, visa for being married with Thai, but then you need ofcourse a workpermit.

You stay married coz of you being a lovecopple, or dont want a divorce and benefit the mariage visa?

You intend to go back every friday for weekend with spouse?

Otherwise not better then to rent a condo or whatever and your visa/workpermit done in BK, aswell your obligation for 3 month reporting?

I wouldnt know how immigration will see this when you are moving and changing adress and maybe refuse?

Afterall its Thailand

You are still married, so that will continue, visa for being married with Thai, but then you need ofcourse a workpermit.

You stay married coz of you being a lovecopple, or dont want a divorce and benefit the mariage visa?

You intend to go back every friday for weekend with spouse?

Otherwise not better then to rent a condo or whatever and your visa/workpermit done in BK, aswell your obligation for 3 month reporting?

I wouldnt know how immigration will see this when you are moving and changing adress and maybe refuse?

Afterall its Thailand

He apparently does not have a visa. He has a extension of stay based upon marriage.

He does not mention exactly what he is going to do. No mention of his wife staying in Bangkok.

His work permit will have nothing to do with his extension since it is based upon marriage not working. If he moves to Rayong he can change his adders to there and do his 90 day reports at immigration there.

There is no rule that states you cannot change addresses while on an extension,

• They expect that you live with your wife if applying for an extension of stay based on marriage.

There is nothing stopping you having more than one address, but immigration want you to nominate one (marital home) as your 'registered' address.

If your wife is going to be living in BKK I would use that address, and apply in BKK for the annual extension of stay.

• They expect that you live with your wife if applying for an extension of stay based on marriage.
  • There is nothing stopping you having more than one address, but immigration want you to nominate one (marital home) as your 'registered' address.
  • If your wife is going to be living in BKK I would use that address, and apply in BKK for the annual extension of stay.

Yes, if his wife is staying in Bangkok ...

But, if my Thai wife live in BKK and I have a condo in Rayong.... Ccan I then keep extending my non "O" visa based om Marriage?

... and he attempts to use his address in Rayong for an extension of stay based marriage, doesn't immigrations sometimes visit the home, talk to neighbors, ask for photos, etc supporting the notion that it is a de facto marriage at the address used for the extension? If the neighbors in Rayong have never or seldom seen her and there's no evidence of her staying there most of the time, it seems using the address in Bangkok would be more straight forward.

• Like 1