Non-Immigrant O based on marriage

I did my multi entry visa last year in Savanankhet and was hoping to try something new. My wife and I want to travel to Penang for a few days and I want to do my visa there if possible. I have more than 400k on my Kasikorn bank book and have my marriage certificate, wifes blue book and her national id card.

I know they do the multiple entry visas for dependents but will they do one based on marriage?

Kurt

They will do a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage.

If you have the 400k baht in the bank you could apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration instead of a visa. No need to leave the country every 90 days with it.

Sorry to hijack this thread a little, 1 year multiple entry visa based on marriage; does anyone know if I can exit and then immediately re-enter Thailand, re: 90 day permission to stay?

Edited by lemonjelly

Sorry to hijack this thread a little, 1 year multiple entry visa based on marriage; does anyone know if I can exit and then immediately re-enter Thailand, re: 90 day permission to stay?

Just cross the border, then turnaround and come right back to get a new 90 day entry.

No need to get a visa.

If 400k baht has been in your Thai bank account for 2 or 3 months? Go to immigration and get a 12 month Extension of Temporary Stay. 1,900 baht.

You will just have to report every 90 days, instead of leaving the country. Also get a Multiple-Reentry Permit (2,800b?) that will allow you to come and go from the country as you please during those 12 months.

If you have the 400k baht in the bank you could apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration instead of a visa. No need to leave the country every 90 days with it.

Ubonjoe,

I really appreciate all the contributions you do here on the forum.. that said I forgot to mention I am one of those 28/28 rotation workers so the extension based on marriage isn't going to happen unless I lose my job.

Again thanks.

Kurt

TV,

Ok.. looks like a green light for Penang.. I will do a trip report upon return which should be around August 15 after the holiday. I have in excess of 400k in my Kasikorn account which sound satisfy the financial requirements which I heard are only 150k.

Thanks guys!

Kurt

Oh Wise Moderator ...got a question for you.

Went to Immigration at CNX yesterday for the 12 Month Extension, based on Marriage,

Fronted up with all the papers, photographs etc that we've had to produce every year for many years, only to be told we have to have the Marriage Certificate from Australia, signed by the EMBASSY in BKK. The one we have, along with Official Thai Translation was signed/authenticated by the Hon Consul but seems that is no longer sufficient and now we need to send the whole thing to BKK.

Have you or anyone else heard of this NEW Regulation?

Went to Immigration at CNX yesterday for the 12 Month Extension, based on Marriage,

Fronted up with all the papers, photographs etc that we've had to produce every year for many years, only to be told we have to have the Marriage Certificate from Australia, signed by the EMBASSY in BKK. The one we have, along with Official Thai Translation was signed/authenticated by the Hon Consul but seems that is no longer sufficient and now we need to send the whole thing to BKK.

There is certainly no new regulation. Just something the officer or Chiang Mai immigration has created.

I assume you also presented a Kor Ror 22 with the marriage certificate.

There is no requirement for the marriage certificate to legalized again. That is a one time requirement.

I think all you will be able to do at the Australian embassy is a self certification by doing a statutory declaration that it is true and correct.

There is certainly no new regulation. Just something the officer or Chiang Mai immigration has created.

There is no requirement for the marriage certificate to legalized again. That is a one time requirement.

I think all you will be able to do at the Australian embassy is a self certification by doing a statutory declaration that it is true and correct.

Thanks for the info. First time my wife and I had heard of a "Kor Ror 22." We presented exactly the same documentation, complete with Officially Translated Marriage Certificate, all stamped by the Australian Hon. Consul here in CNX several years ago. As I said, there has been no problem in the past.

HOWEVER... we then went to the A Muang Office to get the "Kor Ror 22, only to be told WE MUST have the Marriage Certificate and Official Translation signed and Stamped by the Australian EMBASSY in BKK as the previous Authorisation by the CONSUL in CNX is no longer sufficient. (I understand... there was some suggestion that we can "get someone to do all the paper-work on our behalf for about 6-Thousand Baht.)

We are due to visit Immigration AGAIN before 05:00 on Monday in order to get a listing on the day's Queue to see the Immigration Officer.

Guess we;'' have to wait and see what happens. She wanted the Translation of the Marriage Certificate "Laid Out" in a different Format. My wife has had that done, so "fingers crossed." Will let you know if we learn anything NEW from Officialdom.

Edited by Torrens54

Thanks for the info. First time my wife and I had heard of a "Kor Ror 22." We presented exactly the same documentation, complete with Officially Translated Marriage Certificate, all stamped by the Australian Hon. Consul here in CNX several years ago. As I said, there has been no problem in the past.

HOWEVER... we then went to the A Muang Office to get the "Kor Ror 22, only to be told WE MUST have the Marriage Certificate and Official Translation signed and Stamped by the Australian EMBASSY in BKK as the previous Authorisation by the CONSUL in CNX is no longer sufficient. (I understand... there was some suggestion that we can "get someone to do all the paper-work on our behalf for about 6-Thousand Baht.)

We are due to visit Immigration AGAIN before 05:00 on Monday in order to get a listing on the day's Queue to see the Immigration Officer.

Guess we;'' have to wait and see what happens. She wanted the Translation of the Marriage Certificate "Laid Out" in a different Format. My wife has had that done, so "fingers crossed." Will let you know if we learn anything NEW from Officialdom.

Immigration have been asking for the Kor Ror 22 marriage registry for some time now. I am surprised you have been able to get your extensions without one.

To register your marriage at an Amphoe the translation must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign affairs. The Australian embassy will not certify a translation. There is a MFA legalization office in Chiang Mai that can do the certification.

Hope it works out for you tomorrow. If you have problems getting the one year extension done you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife to get more time to sort things out.

I'm wondering what my best option would be, I'm in on 1 year multi based on marriage, just changed jobs and was scheduled to go offshore (outside thailand) on 22nd of this month, now the work project has been delayed for god knows how long so looks like I'll exceed my 90 day entry, I would have applied for the 1 year extension and got a re-entry permit, but right now I'm just under the 400k in my personal account,, if I'd known about the work delay I'd have transferred the funds to put my personal balance to over the 400k,,, what's my best option ? I'd ideally like to make an eventual 1 year extension as can transfer funds over the 400k ASAP, there's still plenty validity on my current multi entry visa until April next year,,, should I just make a border crossing and forget about the extension? Or is there any type of short term extension I can first get at immigration that will allow me to have the funds in my for 2 months prior to applying for 1 year extension (I've still about 5 weeks left to remain in country of my 90 days,,,, and finally importantly will any of these extension applications invalidate my current visa if the extension process was incomplete ,,, as an example if my work called me to leave the country before the extension process was completed

Thanks

I'm wondering what my best option would be, I'm in on 1 year multi based on marriage, just changed jobs and was scheduled to go offshore (outside thailand) on 22nd of this month, now the work project has been delayed for god knows how long so looks like I'll exceed my 90 day entry, I would have applied for the 1 year extension and got a re-entry permit, but right now I'm just under the 400k in my personal account,, if I'd known about the work delay I'd have transferred the funds to put my personal balance to over the 400k,,, what's my best option ? I'd ideally like to make an eventual 1 year extension as can transfer funds over the 400k ASAP, there's still plenty validity on my current multi entry visa until April next year,,, should I just make a border crossing and forget about the extension? Or is there any type of short term extension I can first get at immigration that will allow me to have the funds in my for 2 months prior to applying for 1 year extension (I've still about 5 weeks left to remain in country of my 90 days,,,, and finally importantly will any of these extension applications invalidate my current visa if the extension process was incomplete ,,, as an example if my work called me to leave the country before the extension process was completed

Thanks

You could get a 60 day extension to visit your wife to give you more time to apply for the one year extension.

Applying for the extension does not make your current non-o visa invalid but you could not use it after you have the extension since that would make your extension invalid.

Ok just to clarify, regarding the 60 day extension,, does using this extension invalidate future use of my visa?

or are you referring to the 1 year extension? Just concerned that maybe I should be in country during most of the 60 day extension, but if I was called to work before the second extension (the 1 year one) was granted, does that then mean id be left with no 1 year extension and an invalid visa?

Ok just to clarify, regarding the 60 day extension,, does using this extension invalidate future use of my visa?

or are you referring to the 1 year extension? Just concerned that maybe I should be in country during most of the 60 day extension, but if I was called to work before the second extension (the 1 year one) was granted, does that then mean id be left with no 1 year extension and an invalid visa?

Neither extension would invalidate your visa for future use.

But using the visa while having the one year extension would make the extension invalid since you would get a new permit to stay date. You need to get a re-entry permit to keep the extension valid when you travel.

what about those alleged new rules a member mentioned in another Visa topic here that a multiple non-O was being refused by the Dutch embassy as it is not "meant" to live in the country long term? then what would be the non-O for ?

what about those alleged new rules a member mentioned in another Visa topic here that a multiple non-O was being refused by the Dutch embassy as it is not "meant" to live in the country long term? then what would be the non-O for ?

The multiple entry non-o is meant to be used to visit your family not to live here but many people are living here on them. Some by choice, others because they cannot meet the financial requirements for an extension of stay and a few that might prefer the extension but are working outside the country that cannot fit the extension application into their time here,