PM Kicks off Tour of Country

geovalin

Prime Minister Hun Sen started his countrywide tour yesterday in Battambang, where he plans to meet with local citizens and government officials to discuss issues affecting everyday Cambodians. At the inauguration ceremony for a clean water system in Battambang province, the premier said he will visit every province to see whether his “reforms” had been implemented and survey the challenges still facing each province’s residents.

After Battambang province, he will go to Banteay Meanchey, followed by Siem Reap and Kampong Thom provinces. He said he will take a short break before continuing the rest of his tour of the country. “I have to go there to check all of the problems and see the progress made on certain issues so that I can be sure it has been resolved because we are through half of my mandate,” he said.

Mr. Hun Sen posted the details of his trip to all 25 provinces on Facebook Wednesday night. “This is an opportunity to visit officials and citizens and also review the achievements in the provinces and any challenges that they face. I would like to urge and appeal to civil servants to work hard and tackle the required services effectively for the people as fast as possible. They must eliminate any mistakes and inactivity and try to build as many good things as they can.”

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/27552/pm-kicks-off-tour-of-country/