Any Farangs Live Near Amnatcharoen?mmm Spelling

meatgrowler

hi all

im up to amnatcharoen,nr ubon ratchathani,in december,are there any farangs living near?.im there for 1 week,and it would be good to speak to someone other than the thais in my wifes village.....thanks

Hi,

I am in Phibun, east of Ubon. There are a few in Ubon, a couple in Khemmarat, maybe even one in Amnat. When will you be here ? I am away from mid December...

Cheers,

Mike

G'DAy

There is abt 5 guys in Amnat,, even 1 or 2 grazy FINS...

:o

hi all

im up to amnatcharoen,nr ubon ratchathani,in december,are there any farangs living near?.im there for 1 week,and it would be good to speak to someone other than the thais in my wifes village.....thanks

Hi,

I am in Phibun, east of Ubon. There are a few in Ubon, a couple in Khemmarat, maybe even one in Amnat. When will you be here ? I am away from mid December...

Cheers,

Mike

hi all

Hi,

Cheers,

Mike

hi mike,were there from 10th til the 18th dec.....its then off to our house in samui,when in amnat before {our wedding,wow how crazy?} ive been fishing{my hobby}here and there,id like to find a good lake or river in the area that holds good size fish...any ideas?...also how long have you lived in phibun and what do you do pass the time?...maybe meet for a chang sometime.....

hi mike,were there from 10th til the 18th dec.....its then off to our house in samui,when in amnat before {our wedding,wow how crazy?} ive been fishing{my hobby}here and there,id like to find a good lake or river in the area that holds good size fish...any ideas?...also how long have you lived in phibun and what do you do pass the time?...maybe meet for a chang sometime.....

Congratulations !

I have had my house for about a year now, but I spend quite a lot of time in Singapore for business. I just bought a fishing rod a couple of weeks back, I am a complete beginner. So far I have only tried in a pond in my garden (without success, although I can see all the fish in there). The Mae Nam Mun is a big river, near my house and runs right through Ubon, there are fish in there. There are also large fish in the Sirindhorn reservoir. The Mekong is not far away too....

I would be happy to supply the venue and beer if you can give me a couple of tips to get started with my fishing :o

Congratulations !

I have had my house for about a year now, but I spend quite a lot of time in Singapore for business. I just bought a fishing rod a couple of weeks back, I am a complete beginner. So far I have only tried in a pond in my garden (without success, although I can see all the fish in there). The Mae Nam Mun is a big river, near my house and runs right through Ubon, there are fish in there. There are also large fish in the Sirindhorn reservoir. The Mekong is not far away too....

I would be happy to supply the venue and beer if you can give me a couple of tips to get started with my fishing :o

cheers mike...the only problem would be is,i can only carry a small travel rod with me,as all my stronger 2 piece rods are in the uk,when fishing for catfish like the mekongs you must have good strong gear,i.e 3 pound test curve carp rods and big pit reels with minimum 20lb line..i have fished in bangkok and cha am for these monster cats,and they grow to 50 kilos plus,great fun to catch,but serious arm ache afterwords....when i do move to samui full time ,i will bring some of my uk tackle as topcats fishing park{check its website}has now opened and is fully stocked with many hardfighting fish...the method for the catfish in cha am fishing park is bread,mashed up with a butterscotch flavor added,then squeezed around a breadcrust hookbait on a sliding floatig rig...the mekongs love it...my mrs dad has a small pond on his rice land...hes been stocking it for me with small big ooe catfish,thbe deal is ..i catch em,they barbecue em...fine by me....maybe there are some fishing locals with adequate rods we could hire...to fish the mekong etc..

try the smallest hook you can find size 12-16,with very fine line,i.e 2lb breaking strain,a small float{make yourself if needed} and dig some worms,or bread,sweetcorn kurnels,or a piece of prawn...kung....i reckon youll tease one outta ya pond!...good luck

cheers mike...the only problem would be is,i can only carry a small travel rod with me,as all my stronger 2 piece rods are in the uk,when fishing for catfish like the mekongs you must have good strong gear,i.e 3 pound test curve carp rods and big pit reels with minimum 20lb line..i have fished in bangkok and cha am for these monster cats,and they grow to 50 kilos plus,great fun to catch,but serious arm ache afterwords....when i do move to samui full time ,i will bring some of my uk tackle as topcats fishing park{check its website}has now opened and is fully stocked with many hardfighting fish...the method for the catfish in cha am fishing park is bread,mashed up with a butterscotch flavor added,then squeezed around a breadcrust hookbait on a sliding floatig rig...the mekongs love it...my mrs dad has a small pond on his rice land...hes been stocking it for me with small big ooe catfish,thbe deal is ..i catch em,they barbecue em...fine by me....maybe there are some fishing locals with adequate rods we could hire...to fish the mekong etc..

try the smallest hook you can find size 12-16,with very fine line,i.e 2lb breaking strain,a small float{make yourself if needed} and dig some worms,or bread,sweetcorn kurnels,or a piece of prawn...kung....i reckon youll tease one outta ya pond!...good luck

Thanks for that - though I must admit I understand more in the Thai language forum that half of what you said ! My fishing jargon extends to "put a worm on hook and throw it in the water".

I know a fishing tackle shop in Phibun, but don't think they do rentals. You are welcome to borrow my rod, but it is probably no-where near good enough for you.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for that - though I must admit I understand more in the Thai language forum that half of what you said ! My fishing jargon extends to "put a worm on hook and throw it in the water".

I know a fishing tackle shop in Phibun, but don't think they do rentals. You are welcome to borrow my rod, but it is probably no-where near good enough for you.

Cheers,

Mike

There are plenty of fishing parks here in Mukdahan as well as some private ponds here that the locals and the farangs fish in. About 4 or 5 English guys here go fishing almost daily. If you make the trip up come see me at Ban Cafe near the tesaban and Ploy Palace hotel and I will introduce you. I am sure they would enjoy your tips on fishing the Mekong. One of the guys has a 17 foot boat with a small outboard. Also plenty of fishing gear here at pretty cheap prices. Ralph

Cheers,

Mike

There are plenty of fishing parks here in Mukdahan as well as some private ponds here that the locals and the farangs fish in. About 4 or 5 English guys here go fishing almost daily. If you make the trip up come see me at Ban Cafe near the tesaban and Ploy Palace hotel and I will introduce you. I am sure they would enjoy your tips on fishing the Mekong. One of the guys has a 17 foot boat with a small outboard. Also plenty of fishing gear here at pretty cheap prices. Ralph

im gonna be there on the 12th dec....

Cheers,

Mike

im gonna be there on the 12th dec....

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations !

Hey guys, I am old and a non drinker, however, fishing is what life is all about. I would rather fish then eat. I will be in Khemmarat right about christmas and in Ubon for a week or more looking around the first and maybe second week of January. I will probable stay at the place you recommended "wrongway". After we find a place to live in Ubon and settle rent, deposits, etc. we plan to return to Bangkok and within the next few days to a month move there. I hope to meet you when we get there.

Hey guys, I am old and a non drinker, however, fishing is what life is all about. I would rather fish then eat. I will be in Khemmarat right about christmas and in Ubon for a week or more looking around the first and maybe second week of January. I will probable stay at the place you recommended "wrongway". After we find a place to live in Ubon and settle rent, deposits, etc. we plan to return to Bangkok and within the next few days to a month move there. I hope to meet you when we get there.

I am going to UK for Xmas, but look forward to meeting you when I get back :o

Wrong Way is a great place, with nice people. If you are there, you can get food too (but not breakfast). For a full English breakfast, turn left out of Wrong Way, go to the end and turn left. Tony's Bakery, on your left, does the works. A ten minute walk.