2nd Road

CRUNCHER

Traffic goes in any direction

That is incorrect.

Pattaya 2nd road traffic is one way (NORTH). This is true from South Pattaya Road at the south end to North Pattaya Road/Dolphin Statue/Naklua roundabout at the north end. This system has been in effect for the past few years. The only exception is for baht buses - they are allowed to drive SOUTH from North Pattaya Road/Dolphin Statue/Naklua roundabout at the north end to Central Road/Tops.

Pattaya Beach Road traffic is one way (SOUTH). This is true from North Pattaya Road/Dolphin Statue/Naklua roundabout at the north end to South Pattaya Road/Walking Street at the south end.

Changes have been discussed, but no changes implemented as of yet.

Edited by khunyae

2 or 3 years ago, when the decision was made to make Soi 2 one way, it seemed like a good idea.

But now instead of baht buses blocking one lane on the left and one on the right, they block the 2 left hand lanes (one for parking, one for customer pickups) and add that to the fact that the far right hand lane allows selected traffic flow the OPPOSITE way at unscheduled hours of the day and night, PLUS the big buses needing 2 lanes to turn in or out of Tiffanys, Big C, PLUS the Cozy Bar complex at Soi 2 with customers constantly crossing etc...it's a madhouse.

Need to hone your driving skills? Drive from Pattaya Klang to the Dolphin Roundabout between midnight and 1 am.

I'm surprised people aren't hit by vehicles every night.

I'm surprised people aren't hit by vehicles every night.

Per some reports, it seems that it is the farang's hitting the vehicles that is the biggest problem. :o:D

Forget what you've heard...lets go there and look for ourselves so we can make a comprehensive report to the good citizens of Thai Visa.

While we're there, we can look for "hansum man" offenders.

P.S. Lose the "Hello Kitty shorts :D

I find it virtually impossible to cross second road at soi 2 to get to the Big C

Starting from beach side leading to big c side

Firstly there are the Parked bht buses, which make it difficult to see the road for on coming traffic. Then motor bikes come in both directions on the kerb side of the parked vehicles. As the Thais are aggressive drivers, mainly accelerating into the last 3 meters only breaking within a inch of disaster. Not allowing any man or machine to come between them and the vehicle In front (this is two lanes) with motor bikes weaving in and out. Finally getting to the last lane to encounter Bht buses running both ways. Crazy.

How there are not more farags hitting the vehicles I do not know.

When I was a child I was taught to cross the road looking both ways in either side of the road regardless of direction flow of the traffic. This only made sense when I arrived in Pattaya.

This would be an interesting and informative forum if it wasnt for all the vise guys cracking jokes about everything. Getting a bit boring to wade thrugh all the manure so please save the crap for the bars. IMHO!

viking

Oh, away with you now. Thank the Lord for the "vise guys" and a few jokes to give us all a laugh.

This would be an interesting and informative forum if it wasnt for all the vise guys cracking jokes about everything. Getting a bit boring to wade thrugh all the manure so please save the crap for the bars. IMHO!

viking

Ah now that you`ve brought up jokes in this thread....A swede a Dane and a Norwegian were walking in the forest one day when they met a fearsome Troll who naturally wanted to eat them.

"I`ll spare your lives if you manage to tell me to do one thing I can`t do."

The Swede said, "Look at that mountain and Eat it."

The Troll did and then he ate the Swede.

The Dane said, "Look at that lake over there and Drink it!"

The Troll did and he ate the Dane.

The Norwegian fainted and said, "Catch my fart and paint it green!"

The Norwegian was allowed to go on his way.

post-15964-1164208211_thumb.jpg

viking

Lighten up Viking ...we are a long time dead.

Edited by Artisan

viking

Ah now that you`ve brought up jokes in this thread....A swede a Dane and a Norwegian were walking in the forest one day when they met a fearsome Troll who naturally wanted to eat them.

"I`ll spare your lives if you manage to tell me to do one thing I can`t do."

The Swede said, "Look at that mountain and Eat it."

The Troll did and then he ate the Swede.

The Dane said, "Look at that lake over there and Drink it!"

The Troll did and he ate the Dane.

The Norwegian fainted and said, "Catch my fart and paint it green!"

The Norwegian was allowed to go on his way.

post-15964-1164208211_thumb.jpg

And that's why "Viking" is still around, live and well, and living in Pattaya.

viking

Why would I waste valuable drinking time at a bar by talking? sick006.gif