Pakistani man arrested in Nonthaburi with 1,000 fake passports

rooster59

Pakistani man arrested in Nonthaburi with 1,000 fake passports

post-247607-0-67297700-1469234279_thumb.

Image: Thai News Agency

BANGKOK:-- A Pakistani man is in police custody after being found in possession of more than 1,000 fake passports, as well as fake immigration stamp and ID cards and driving licenses.

Abdullah Ghani Bhori, 59, was arrested on Thursday following a raid by soldiers and immigration police on a property in Nonthaburi.

Another raid carried out at a condo in Silom found equipment used to make the forged passports.

The two raids uncovered more than 1,000 fake passports, as well as fake driving licenses and ID cards for a number of different countries in Europe and a fake visa stamp from Suvarnabhumi airport. The passports were for countries including Australia, France, Italy, Israel, Singapore and Spain.

Deputy national police chief, Pol Gen Sriwara Rangsipramanakul said police had known about Bhori for some time and that he was part of the same gang as the Iranian man nicknamed ‘The Doctor’ who was arrested in Bangkok earlier this year.

While police said that Abdullah Ghani Bhori is an expert counterfeiter and is capable of producing high quality fake passports, they acknowledge that they can not be certain of his true identity, adding that he has travelled in and out of Thailand using so many different names.

Police added that they believe Bhori had been arrested and deported from Thailand previously but re-entered using a fake passport to continue his counterfeiting operation.

Police said the fake passports were sold for about 6,000 baht each to human traffickers and Pakistani’s trying to enter Europe.

Bhori has now been charged with producing the fake passports.

Police added that they believe his fellow gang members had already fled Thailand to neighbouring countries.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-23

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Police ... believe Bhori had been arrested and deported from Thailand previously but re-entered using a fake passport to continue his counterfeiting operation.

Don't give THIS guy bail! Refer to the circus with the Iranian Seyed Ramin Miraziz Paknejad (http://www.chiangraitimes.com/international-forger-seyed-ramin-found-with-kiwi-passports.html)!

When you consider that a passport needs to have a photo with an actual likeness to the bearer, does this guy really have 1000 customers waiting for delivery??

Or- maybe that is why they are only 6000 THB each. Quantity over quality.

When you consider that a passport needs to have a photo with an actual likeness to the bearer, does this guy really have 1000 customers waiting for delivery??

I would have thought they were currently blank and would only have a photo attached once the customer was known?

if there is a known issue of visitors using fake passports

and fake ID then immigration must consider bio-metric scanning

at all entry/exit points.

curious as to whether this guy had valid visa for thailand. he has

made a mockery of the thai immigration system and deserves deterrent

sentence. his activities can seriously compromise the security of the

country, particularly, in relevance to terrorism.

The police are not even certsin of his real identity.

I hope they don't let him bond out or he will be gone like the wind.

In this day of global terrorism, this guy could very likely help get a terrorist into a country without realizing it.

nice work BiB for capturing the "Doctor" and this guy.

Sure. Huge business, especially for those who want to open various bank accounts and live under the radar. Something not so unusual these days. I wouldn't mind having one or two of them to be honest.

Geezer should be arrested for wearing that fluorescent shirt.

The po-lease man, second from left, looks like a stiff board, possibly a fake monk criminal in disguise as a fake po-lease. He hopes to swipe a few hundred of those fake passports when nobodys looking.

re-entered using a fake passport to continue his counterfeiting operation and known for some time?

He's sold thousands of fake passports and in Thailand illegally but police were just monitoring him for some time. The delay seems incongruent as he is a one-man operation. Might some police have covertly taken advantage of his services for nefarious reasons?

re-entered using a fake passport to continue his counterfeiting operation and known for some time?

He's sold thousands of fake passports and in Thailand illegally but police were just monitoring him for some time. The delay seems incongruent as he is a one-man operation. Might some police have covertly taken advantage of his services for nefarious reasons?

I thought I readhe was not a ne-man operation?

whats the mic for, are they asking him to sing I did it my way? no evidence on show, they usually love that.

I guess you did not look at the wall behind him?Or did you think that was passport wallpaper?

if there is a known issue of visitors using fake passports

and fake ID then immigration must consider bio-metric scanning

at all entry/exit points.

The immigration take your bio-metric photo. But nothing more.

If they do for everyone a bio-metric search you must wait days or weeks to enter Thailand.

This is not possible.

whats the mic for, are they asking him to sing I did it my way? no evidence on show, they usually love that.

Possibly they were recording his statement and no evidence, well what do you think might be covering the walls behind them, nude pin-ups.

The po-lease man, second from left, looks like a stiff board, possibly a fake monk criminal in disguise as a fake po-lease. He hopes to swipe a few hundred of those fake passports when nobodys looking.

Do you miss not being charged for defamation lately?

Do you miss not being charged for defamation lately?
No. Do you miss a sense of humour?

Things have changed a little--about 18 years ago when I was renting a house in Pattaya they were building a block of shop houses down the road, I came flying around the corner with my then girlfriend on the back of the bike......all the workers were in a row singing away while the police stood by walking up and down the row.

Latter I asked my GF what was all that about----she said oh, probably had complaints about some workers from Lao or Cambodia being there, so they line them up and make them sing the national anthem ---they had better know every verse or there off to the station.

I don't know all the verses to the Oz anthem----so I said to her supposing they don't know all the words, I then got that "Are you for real" look , so I didn't mention about the Oz one........coffee1.gif

Six thousand baht?!?

That's cheaper than - legally - renewing mine at the embassy.

Well, duh...

Fake Ray bans, Rolex watches, Gucci bags, etc always cheaper than real thing.

Real passport more expensive because (drum roll) it's real!

Of course criminal types don't want to be real... as would ID them for who they actually are

Sure. Huge business, especially for those who want to open various bank accounts and live under the radar. Something not so unusual these days. I wouldn't mind having one or two of them to be honest.

"I wouldn't mind having one or two of them to be honest."

You see something honest in that statement?