Last night's fiasco

Rayk

I could tell you a few stories about ALL parties ripping off the insurance companies, and of course ALL parties earn out of it..

But I won't.........coffee1.gif

Why write if you do not want to talk?

just because you want to show how you experienced in Thailand?
So many of you who do not believe.
many post on TV it not mean you got big experience..
Or do you think that alcoholic stories that you have received this experience and knowledge about Thailand?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When the f did a 40m baht car come into the equation.

So, where would you draw the line, about 110% of your car's (or bike's) value?

And what's your plan if you hit a 40 million Lambo or a 30 million Merc?

So you think a motorcycle can cause 40 million baht worth of damage to an exotic car.

Bit it will cover 10 million baht worth of damage to such a vehicle.

You are being ludicrous

Why not just let the poor get away with rape and murder as well because you know, they are poor.

I've seen a dog cause 40 million baht in damages (and fatalities) when the driver swerved to avoid it. What's ludicrous is thinking a scooter can't get you into real hot water, especially in the Land of Smiles and infallible justice.

Rape and murder are deliberate acts. If you can't tell the difference between those and an accident, it's probably time to step away from the bottle when you type.

The dog didn't cause any damage, the driver did it to himself. He shouldn't have swerved.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious which the original poster couldn't comprehend. I couldn't have been bothered myself to try to explain to people that obviously think they are always right.

Well done.

Edited by Rayk

Your fault for owning a more expensive bike than everyone else.

24k Honda Wave, worst bill you can possibly have is 24k.

Think of it as an extra road tax for driving more expensive wheels than the locals.

Someone with a 10k m/c crashing into a 1M car, why should Mr.10k insurance have to pay for Mr.1M life choice?

You are without a doubt a ....................

I guess most posters agree.

Many people Thais included own expensive bikes and the one doing the damage is responsible he made the mistake. Had he / she not smashed into the bikes he / she would not have to pay.

We'll see how you feel if you drive into a 40 million baht Lamborghini and your insurance only covers 1 million baht or even 10 million.

I agree with the guy. If you drive an expensive car or bike, it should be on you to insure it against people (even idiots) who can't afford 40 million baht of insurance coverage. Putting that burden on people who can barely afford to put gas in their Wave isn't fair.

it is not an excuse for violations of the rules on the road.
if not broken rules . then at least 1000 million bath car.
you do not have to pay.

When the f did a 40m baht car come into the equation.

So, where would you draw the line, about 110% of your car's (or bike's) value?

And what's your plan if you hit a 40 million Lambo or a 30 million Merc?

what plan mast be?

who are guilty of violating the law and the pays.

If you can afford a 40M car, you can afford insurance to take care of all eventualities.

This is essentially ho the Thai traffic laws work, rich person pays for poor person.

And it's one of the good ideas they have here.

you can afford drive/ride you MUST follow rules..

you should not worry about how much someone a car, you should take care to follow the rules.
You broke the rules then pay. And nothing to metter how much is it. who are guilty of violating the law and the pays.
Or think what?
buy cheap bike and can do anythink what you want becouse you no money?
No money it YOUR problem..
You were born with two arms, two legs and one head.
As the majority of people who have money.
If you do not have your problem is not their..

Sport bikes and whiskey....WOW.....

TV and moronic statements. Double WOW.

Never heard of drinking in moderation or are you the type that just gets loaded drunk everyday and stumbles back to your small apartment.

Drinking in moderation I remember that statement from a bloke who sat In a pub from 6pm till 10pm one night slowly drinking whiskey. Then got in his car because he was ok as he had been drinking in moderation very slowly as he said. He then drove towards his home but he was ok as he had been drinking in moderation slowly for 4 hrs. He said he didn't realise he had mounted the pavement and killed my mother. But it wasn't the drink as he had drunk in moderation very slowly for 4 hrs. He had double the leagal alcohol in his blood but told the judge he didn't understand because he had made sure he drunk in moderation for 4 hrs. So excuse me if when I see coments about drinking in moderation I get a tad upset with the macho mindset. Easy rule to understand not ambiguous DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.

Sorry OP for going of topic a bit

Edited by Deepinthailand

This is why we have first class insurance.

It is a must for Farangs and let the insurance company sort it out.

I have never in 30 years had 1st class insurance.

Why is it a must for farangs? Do you mean all foreigners?

Sport bikes and whiskey....WOW.....

TV and moronic statements. Double WOW.

Never heard of drinking in moderation or are you the type that just gets loaded drunk everyday and stumbles back to your small apartment.

Drinking in moderation I remember that statement from a bloke who sat In a pub from 6pm till 10pm one night slowly drinking whiskey. Then got in his car because he was ok as he had been drinking in moderation very slowly as he said. He then drove towards his home but he was ok as he had been drinking in moderation slowly for 4 hrs. He said he didn't realise he had mounted the pavement and killed my mother. But it wasn't the drink as he had drunk in moderation very slowly for 4 hrs. He had double the leagal alcohol in his blood but told the judge he didn't understand because he had made sure he drunk in moderation for 4 hrs. So excuse me if when I see coments about drinking in moderation I get a tad upset with the macho mindset. Easy rule to understand not ambiguous DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.

Sorry OP for going of topic a bit

I do feel sorry for the loss of your mother, but as far as the guy who killed your mother, it is obvious that he was lying.

If he was indeed drinking as per the general rule he would have definitely not been 2 times over the legal limit.

And if you bothered to read my other post you would have read that I had a total of 5 drinks from the hours of 9:00pm until 2:00am and if you understood how to calculate the general rule of thumb when it comes to consuming alcohol you would know that I was well below the legal limits to operate a motor vehicle.

So basically what you are saying is if you have a drink or two a person should not drive all day.

Is that what you are saying?

Come on man.

Use some common sense.

If you don't understand how to calculate your alcohol consumption than I agree, don't drink and drive, but do not bitch at me for being within the legal limits of the safe operation of a motor vehicle.

I am well aware of how to ensure that I am within the legal limits.

I don't drink at all during the week. Only drink on a Friday night, mix my own drinks and if I'm planning on getting drunk I will get a taxi.

Of note:

As a general rule, disregarding things like individual weight, sex and personal metabolic rate, 2 standard drinks consumed during the first hour of drinking, will increase a person's level of blood alcohol concentration (BAC) to approximately .05% Remember that, for now, in Thailand , to be legal is defined as less than .05% for an adult. If you continue drinking one standard drink per hour after that, then your blood alcohol level should remain very near .05% The key to using this general rule to estimate your BAC, is to make a mental note of the time you started drinking, and the exact number of drinks consumed. As an example, to figure out if you are over .05%, count the hours since you started and then add 1 to the number. If you started drinking at 7:00 PM, and it is now 9:00 PM, 2 hours have passed. Add 1, and you get 3, which is the number of standard drinks you could have consumed and still be close to .05% BAC. If 3 hours have passed, then add 1, and you can consume 4 standard drinks, to still be around .05%. Another way to look at it, if you are trying to pace yourself, is to allow for 2 standard drinks the first hour, and only 1 standard drink for each hour after that.

I'm an alcoholic. I used to suffer from the DT's when I never had any alcohol. It would have been dangerous if I ever tried to drive WITHOUT at least 1/4 bottle of spirits. It's a stupid law. if you drink any alcohol, don't drive as it could cause a death.

Then again I don't understand how anyone cold be bothered counting their drinks. Alcohol is the major cause of death by FAR in this country - don't play with it.

Many people Thais included own expensive bikes and the one doing the damage is responsible he made the mistake. Had he / she not smashed into the bikes he / she would not have to pay.

We'll see how you feel if you drive into a 40 million baht Lamborghini and your insurance only covers 1 million baht or even 10 million.

I agree with the guy. If you drive an expensive car or bike, it should be on you to insure it against people (even idiots) who can't afford 40 million baht of insurance coverage. Putting that burden on people who can barely afford to put gas in their Wave isn't fair.

So basically you are advocating that people should be allowed to drive around with no insurance to cover damages that they cause because they can barely afford to put gas in their wave and that the law abiding citizen who has insured their vehicle should cover the damages to his own vegicle and allow his insurance rates to rise because of some irresponsible person. If a person can barely afford to put gas in your wave as you say, well guess what, maybe thay shouldn't own one and definitely shouldn't be driving around on one that is not insured.

To borrow part of a quote from robblok:

You are also without a doubt .................

i was taught from a young-ish age that if i can't afford the insurance then i can't afford the bike/car/boat/travel. Now, i'll just sit back and what for all the inane replies about bringing farang logic to a thai situation!

Get a quote on an insurance policy that would cover you if you hit a 40 million Lambo or a 30 million Merc. Rub that up against a Thai salary and answer if it's fair that some Thais have to pay 200-300% of their salary so they can use the roads without the fear of perpetual bankruptcy if they make a very human mistake..

Insurance? Sure. Require it. But make the coverage requirement fit the economic realities of the country. And if people want to drive cars or bikes that the majority of the locals can't afford to insure against hitting, they should shoulder the burden. Why should I have to pay a huge insurance bill so some HiSo kid can bop around in a multi-million dollar toy?

Which begs the question, what's your plan if you were to wipe out a Bentley? You covered? I doubt it. So by your own young-ish teaching, you shouldn't be driving, should you? Unless you're insured or self insured against ruining some HiSo's toy, you're violating your own line of thinking.

The class 1 insurance I have on my motorcycle which cost me 16000baht for the year covers 3 hindred thousand baht for death,

10 million baht damage to another persons vehicle and 1 million baht property damage.

And that's 1st class for a Ninja 650.

I can't be bothered to prove you wrong on my class 1 insurance for my 2 cars but I can assure you it would cover the damages to a 30 million baht lamborghini.

Kind of throws your theory out the window now doesn't it.

FYI, according to the pic your insurance covers 300,000(บาท/คน) for death or injury per person, not to exceed 10,000,000(บาท/ครั้ง) per incident.

Damage to property or vehicle is 1,000,000(บาท/ครั้ง).

Not trying to join this nice conversation. Just want you to know the true coverage of your policy.

Rayk

Heard it all before well known fact people who bitch about people saying don't drink and drive are trying to excuse themselfs.if it makes you feel better or need an excuse fine berate me all you want. I know all about blood alcohol levels. I've seen to many aftermath of people who drink and drive. Get real you say my reality is real but you are still in denial l. Untill you wake up one day and realize your excuses don't hold water you will be in forever in denial. And by the way 5 drinks over 6 hrs of Whiskey would indeed put you over the DD limit.

The law doesn't state you can't drink and drive therefore I will forever enjoy my moderate amount of alcohol and drive home. You alcoholics screaming for people to not have a drink and then drive need to come to realize not everyone having a drink in the bar is an alcoholic.

Kurt

And by the way 5 drinks over 6 hrs of Whiskey would indeed put you over the DD limit.

How you know?

In Thailand it 0.05%?

250gr Vodka and after 6-7 hour even 80kg guys can be less than even 0.03%

100kg guys very small chance get more 0.05% after 6-7 hour

Whiskey 5 drinks its how much?

250gr?

This is why we have first class insurance.

It is a must for Farangs and let the insurance company sort it out.

I have never in 30 years had 1st class insurance.

Why is it a must for farangs? Do you mean all foreigners?

Because if one has an accident folk will be knocking at the door for cash..

First Class insurance totally takes care of everything, one says nothing, the rep sorts stuff.

What folk?

:)

And so what that knock? to tell. Please do not bother me. I'll call the police.:)

Or what?

Ps

Yes 1st class insurance can take care for many thinks(not for evrythinks)

Rayk

Heard it all before well known fact people who bitch about people saying don't drink and drive are trying to excuse themselfs.if it makes you feel better or need an excuse fine berate me all you want. I know all about blood alcohol levels. I've seen to many aftermath of people who drink and drive. Get real you say my reality is real but you are still in denial l. Untill you wake up one day and realize your excuses don't hold water you will be in forever in denial. And by the way 5 drinks over 6 hrs of Whiskey would indeed put you over the DD limit.

Just to be fair:

• Stupidity kills people on the roads
  • Ignorance kills people on the roads
  • Ego kills people on the roads
  • Smartphone use kills people on the roads
  • Distracted drivers kill people on the roads

But unfortunately, we can't easily test for stupidity, ignorance etc...

I believe 5 standard drinks over 6 hours with plenty of food is acceptable for a 'normally' built male - assuming a BAC limit of 0.05. How do you think he would be 'indeed over the limit'?

I think everyone needs to be responsible for their actions and driving while drunk is f&*king stupid - like driving without lights at night.

First Class insurance totally takes care of everything, one says nothing, the rep sorts stuff.
What folk?

smile.png

And so what that knock? to tell. Please do not bother me. I'll call the police.smile.png

Or what?

Ps

Yes 1st class insurance can take care for many thinks(not for evrythinks)

You obviously do not have a clue how things work here.......rolleyes.gif

I'd say it's you who doesn't know how things work. It has absolutely nothing to with being a farang. A gullible, illiterate fool might part with his money though.

I spoke to one guy in Phuket who said a truck hit him in the rear and demanded 6,000 baht. The guy gave it to him!

I found it interesting that the '1st class insurance' the OP posted, didn't seem to cover what he thought he covered.

I wonder if it even covered any damage for his bike being knocked over in the street?

I wouldn't have wanted a policy that didn't include theft for a high end bike.

OP, did you make a claim, was it covered?

Edited by MissAndry

Rayk

You are wrong. 5 glasses of whiskey will not put you over the legal limit of 0.05

But I'm not about to continue to tell you otherwise.

If we can agree on 1 thing.

Let's agree to disagree.

Conversation closed.

So basically you are advocating that people should be allowed to drive around with no insurance to cover damages that they cause because they can barely afford to put gas in their wave and that the law abiding citizen who has insured their vehicle should cover the damages to his own vegicle and allow his insurance rates to rise because of some irresponsible person. If a person can barely afford to put gas in your wave as you say, well guess what, maybe thay shouldn't own one and definitely shouldn't be driving around on one that is not insured.

i was taught from a young-ish age that if i can't afford the insurance then i can't afford the bike/car/boat/travel. Now, i'll just sit back and what for all the inane replies about bringing farang logic to a thai situation!

Get a quote on an insurance policy that would cover you if you hit a 40 million Lambo or a 30 million Merc. Rub that up against a Thai salary and answer if it's fair that some Thais have to pay 200-300% of their salary so they can use the roads without the fear of perpetual bankruptcy if they make a very human mistake..

Insurance? Sure. Require it. But make the coverage requirement fit the economic realities of the country. And if people want to drive cars or bikes that the majority of the locals can't afford to insure against hitting, they should shoulder the burden. Why should I have to pay a huge insurance bill so some HiSo kid can bop around in a multi-million dollar toy?

Which begs the question, what's your plan if you were to wipe out a Bentley? You covered? I doubt it. So by your own young-ish teaching, you shouldn't be driving, should you? Unless you're insured or self insured against ruining some HiSo's toy, you're violating your own line of thinking.

The class 1 insurance I have on my motorcycle which cost me 16000baht for the year covers 3 hindred thousand baht for death,

10 million baht damage to another persons vehicle and 1 million baht property damage.

I can't be bothered to prove you wrong on my class 1 insurance for my 2 cars but I can assure you it would cover the damages to a 30 million baht lamborghini.

FYI, according to the pic your insurance covers 300,000(บาท/คน) for death or injury per person, not to exceed 10,000,000(บาท/ครั้ง) per incident.

Damage to property or vehicle is 1,000,000(บาท/ครั้ง).

Not trying to join this nice conversation. Just want you to know the true coverage of your policy.

After talking with the girlfriend again who last night gave me the information, I can now confirm that you are 100% correct.

Better to have a million baht coverage than no coverage at all.

That's great. But the average Thai could never afford 16,000 a year

I'm a blowfish!

i was taught from a young-ish age that if i can't afford the insurance then i can't afford the bike/car/boat/travel. Now, i'll just sit back and what for all the inane replies about bringing farang logic to a thai situation! laugh.pngcoffee1.gif

And I was taught from a youngish age that if I damage someone else property I'll have to take responsibility and pay for it.

I was taught from a youngish age that just because someone tells you what to do ... you don't HAVE to do it

I'm a blowfish!

The law doesn't state you can't drink and drive therefore I will forever enjoy my moderate amount of alcohol and drive home. You alcoholics screaming for people to not have a drink and then drive need to come to realize not everyone having a drink in the bar is an alcoholic.

Kurt

You don't have to be an alchohlic to be impared while drinking and driving

Sorry about what happened to your bike, and your premium will be bumped up I guess next year.

Obviously the guy should have been charged with DUI and put into the cells until more capable, but this is what happens here.

I doubt a farang would have been treated that way.....

Edited by jacko45k

I was an Insurance Adjuster for 30 years.

I've seen many bikes become total losses from falling over on hard surfaces when considering salvage value.

Every piece of scratched chrome needs to replaced. Many times tanks, and fenders need replacing if dented.

Most everything on the side it fell on needs replacing or repainted.

It always amazed me how expensive it was after listing all the parts out.

Another factor to consider is resale value. You must inform a seller the bike fell over and many buyers will walk away.

Be sure to have a dealer shop examine all welds on the frame and have an expert check frame alignment and have a mechanic do a road test at high speed. Get two dealer shop estimates.

If it was me, I would sell the bike after it was repaired. Be sure to get salvage quotes as high salvage value could make the bike a total loss.

Be sure to replace everything scratched or damaged especially near the sea as rust kills resale value.

If the adjuster low balls you, reject the offer. With two estimates you can negotiate. Don't accept cosmetic loss of vale. Demand replacement. If an agreement can't be reached, review the appraisal clause in the policy. In the U.S. under appraisal each party, policy holder, Insurance carrier, hires their own appraiser and the appraisers agree to an umpire for the final value decision.

Good luck.