moving back to uk

keith40

Op, your car won't pass the European emission standards, plus some other problems like the transport that would be quite expensive.

I guess it would make more sense to sell all here and start over again.

Here's some information about getting a car to the UK: https://www.justlanded.com/english/United-Kingdom/Articles/Visas-Permits/Vehicles

You might be better selling the car and motorbike here and re-purchasing in the UK.

The vehicles are worth more here. Does your car have a heater in it?

Actually they do...during the Thai winter, my car sends warm air through the climate control system when it's cold outside.

The grass is always greener, especially if stuck in the cold, damp UK and mooning about tropical destinations.

Maybe the OP has no choice and it is either a financial or medical decision or maybe he has kids and wants a better education for them.

There are many posible reasons but you'd need to come and live in Thailand for 20yrs and then maybe you might be in the same situation. I've lived in Asia half my life but still entertain the idea of moving back to the UK on occaisio, something that to me would have be unthinkable 25 yrs ago. But times change.