How to buy shares in FTSE listed company from Thailand?

Hi all,

My Thai wife wishes to Invest in buying shares in companies listed on the FTSE. Can anyone recommend a Thai broker who can do this? I have looked and looked but it seems most only trade in the SEC, I would prefer a Thai broker attached to perhaps a recognized company? I want her to have her own share dealing account with access here in Thailand and funded from her Thai bank account. Any advice from those who are in the real know appreciated thanks

this is impressive. it is a first, as they say on their web site... not even Maybank Kimeng does this.... I wish the PSE was there,... and it should be after having all of the AEC 2015 hoopla etc etc for so many years. Very surprising info.. thank you too. I guess.

Edited by maewang99

We just dont want the hassle of transferring to UK bank or broker then transferring any profits back etc, just want it done by a broker here in Thailand, funds transfered within Thailand and easy/quick access if/when required be it selling or buying more. We will contact them tomorrow hopefully and see, the charges are confusing so we need full clarity on that first but here's hoping it does what we need

Edited by Robstar

this is impressive. it is a first, as they say on their web site... not even Maybank Kimeng does this.... I wish the PSE was there,... and it should be after having all of the AEC 2015 hoopla etc etc for so many years. Very surprising info.. thank you too. I guess.

Kim Eng does allow you to trade on the LSE as far as I know

Note that trading (a) is not on-line, but via an "Investment Consultant" (whatever that is). And note (B) that the minimum commission for trading on the LSE is outrageous at 3,500 baht/transaction.

Wow, I thought the 600 baht I paid for the NYSE was a lot.

Set up account for my wife in Singapore,CIMB in her sole name, so no problems on my death

I have PoA over account so can do anything on it, including closing and cleaning it out

Safe from Thai tax, funded from UK

You could also have an interactive brokers account best dealing costs by a long way, this gives all exchanges but not Thai SET

PM me if you want to talk

Retired UK Chartered Accountant

• Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 2,424 posts

Posted Yesterday, 19:07

Oxx, on 24 Jul 2016 - 17:35, said:snapback.png

Agent Sumo, on 24 Jul 2016 - 17:26, said:snapback.png

Note that trading (a) is not on-line, but via an "Investment Consultant" (whatever that is). And note (cool.png that the minimum commission for trading on the LSE is outrageous at 3,500 baht/transaction.

Wow, I thought the 600 baht I paid for the NYSE was a lot.
I can buy say 50,000 US$ on NYSE and only pay 2/3 USD commission with Interactive Brokers

Thanks for that.

What other foreign markets?

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.poems.in.th/service_detail.aspx%3Fid%3D141%26lang%3Den&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj6--C3mI7OAhXH2RoKHS9PAe8QFggHMAE&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNFRtuZO9Mn-dUg1wfRa58shjUPIIA

You can now trade these markets with your Phillip account.
10 global stock exchange providing :
- US (NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX)
- Hong Kong Exchange (HKEX)
- Singapore Exchange (SGX)
- Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE)
- Bursa Malaysia (Bursa)
- London Stock Exchange (LSE)
- Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE)
- Lao Securities Exchange (LSX)

...I wish the PSE was there.,... and it should be after having all of the AEC 2015 hoopla etc etc for so many years...

Perhaps there is not enough demand for it. Nothing to to with AEC 2015. It would have to be an agreement between a Thai stock broker and the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE)

GET A THAI BROKER LIKE BUALULANG SECURITIES (SUB OF BANGKOK BANK) ON SUKIMVIT RD PATTAYA.PHONE 038 423581.CONTACT JARAT BOONA.EASY TO OPEN ACCOUNT.

COMMISSION ONLY 0.17% PER TRANSACTION.

ONLY BUY LOW RISK SHARES,LIKE INFRASTRUCTURE,PROPERTY FUNDS.I.E., DIF,BTSGIF,JASIF, AND MJLF.

ALL ONLINE,EASY TO BUY AND SELL.

SCB has an online accounts, for example Easy Stock

GET A THAI BROKER LIKE BUALULANG SECURITIES (SUB OF BANGKOK BANK

Both responses are totally off topic (and so irrelevant); the OP wants a broker to buy securities on the London Stock Exchange - not the SET.

SCB has an online accounts, for example Easy Stock

GET A THAI BROKER LIKE BUALULANG SECURITIES (SUB OF BANGKOK BANK

Both responses are totally off topic (and so irrelevant); the OP wants a broker to buy securities on the London Stock Exchange - not the SET.

I think you have not checked the SCB possibilities, as Thai you can trade LSE and major Stock Exhange all over the World, they also offer Equity Brokerage Service, more info here for SCBS Global Trade...wink.png

some of us are talking about two entirely different things.... buying a stock in Thailand means hitting a bid or offer or placing a bid or offer in the queue with the same opportunity as anyone else... not having someone else do it for you and pay a big commission. this really gets to be a big deal if, as is usually the case for a retail investor, small caps that are thinly traded, including the big markets, are very expensive to acquire using a broker in this way... and most of us have no hope to investigate a big cap as they are too big to get your arms around.. no wonder folks lose money and write sour grapes. the chances of getting wrecked by insiders (a possible broad small cap worry someone will point out) is almost like getting hit by lightening yet the "risk" of buying securities indirectly based on some nonsense that someone else "researched" for you and then they do your order for you too isn't just a risk it's a good bet you will get screwed... the only gamble is how badly... not if. you don't even know how it got filled. there are some things where Thailand is actually better than at home... and on stock trading it's an order of magnitude difference. Thai small caps traded online with very reasonable commissions rates in a computer run market where everyone has an equal shot and your trade hits the market right off. amazing. the difference between the words "buying a stock" is so huge the two things have nothing to do with each other. it's beyond even apples and oranges...

Edited by maewang99

This is not true, you just have to apply for it. Maybank Kim Eng Clients can trade by themselves using the internet-based KE World System or via Investment Consultant (IC). At the present, the clients can trade offshore up to 28 countries. The Internet-based KE World System which was developed by the Maybank Kim Eng Group. The KE World System allows submission of trading orders in Six main exchanges including HKEX, SGX, BURSA, NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSE ARCA. For the London Stock Exchange (LSE) currently orders have to be place via your IC.

Edited by Estrada

I think you have not checked the SCB possibilities, as Thai you can trade LSE and major Stock Exhange all over the World, they also offer Equity Brokerage Service, more info here for SCBS Global Trade...wink.png

I stand corrected. Thank you.