Italian coast guard rescues 2,150 migrants in 18 separate missions

webfact

Italian coast guard rescues 2,150 migrants in 18 separate missions

606x341_339487.jpg

CALIARI: -- Some 2,150 migrants and refugees were rescued from boats and dinghies in the Strait of Sicily in 18 separate operations on Friday, the Italian coast guard said.

The Italian coast guard released footage of three of the rescue operations, including a mission during which 375 people were rescued from three crammed rubber dinghies.

On Sunday, 1,000 rescued refugees and migrants, including many children, were brought into the port of Cagliari in Sardinia.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-07-25

That is one large number of people for one day.

Nowhere near.

More than 7,000 migrants have been rescued in the Mediterranean in 48 hours while trying to sail from Libya to Italy, including 5,000 on Thursday — the highest total in a single day.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/7-000-migrants-are-rescued-from-sea-in-just-two-days-jklh0gdr2

That is only the numbers known about.

how many make it undetected ?

Seriously I always wonder why they can not simply take migrants back to their point of origin once they rescued them? They bring them here and then start to think, why so many of them take the trip and where they should all go to in Europe. Would they take them back instantly, I'm sure many wouldn't take the risk a second time. This would be human and effective.

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

That is one large number of people for one day.

None of whom look SYRIAN huh.png

They're not. Italy is "rescuing" people from Libya ( from sub Saharan countries ) and giving them a free ride to Europe. I don't know why they don't just send the ships into Libyan ports and pick them up there. I wonder, now that they will be stuck in Italy, how long before the horror stories ftom Italy start, and when the Italians throw their government out and elect politicians that won't go and ferry them over. Just return them to Libya. Is that too hard?

IS is well entrenched in Libya. Does ANYONE not think many jihadists are being placed among the illegal economic immigrants?

That dingy looks brand spanking new, must've cost a bob or two.

I hope they are destroying all the vessels used, but I suspect they return them to Libya to bring a new crowd for a free ferry to Italy.

We know Merkel is the nutter in Germany, but who is the idiot in Italy making this happen, and who is paying for it- the EU?

Since when was it the responsibility of the recipient country to actually go out and actively seek illegal economic immigrants to bring in?

This is the starting second wave.

99% are economic refugees.

And 95% of them have thrown away their identity papers.

Hope Italy declare a state of emergency soon.

they didn't exist

they don't exist

they won't exist

Involve the Mandella Effect with Cern, and they will have never been...

There will be no end to this now that there is increased mobility. In the past, poor people were stuck in their villages, now they can cross continents.

We need a new word for it - I suggest "transhumation".

Perhaps the west needs to start dropping leaflets all over Africa telling them they are not welcome in Europe. They really believe it is the promised land and they are entitled to go.

Italian Mafia takes a lot of advantage of every single arrival - they all arrive in Mafia controlled Southern Italy !

Rome pays a nice amount of money as day rates to Mafia controlled local Governments...

Italian Navy missed out the opportunity to sink 1st vessels arriving years ago, when the 1st wave of economical 'refugees' from Africa landed and lived illegal but never prosecuted in Italy. What about an Army controlled and not EU dependent Government, for Italy, for a change ?

I have been on a large ship going from Algeria going across the Med Sea to Cagliari Italy when the sea was rough. That was bad enough for me. But the last place I would have wanted to be then was on some Rubber Dingy in the middle somewhere.

I am actually very surprised if they are coming from Libya as Malta is a lot closer and they are not getting swamped. To hit Cagliari they would have to be coming from Northern Tunisia or Algeria.