Sweet talking Nigerians conned Thai women, say police

webfact

Sweet talking Nigerians conned Thai women, say police

s3.jpg

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok police have arrested two Nigerians who they say posed as successful businessmen to con Thai women into transferring money to them in exchange for goods from abroad.

Hua Mark officers stopped a man they named as "Mr Benny" who was acting suspiciously in the Hua Mark Soi 27 area on Saturday, reported Daily News. In a white plastic bag with pink stripes they found a Central bag containing 1.7 million baht in cash.

This led them to an apartment near Hua Mark station where they talked to Ugochukwu Benson Ezenwegbu, 26. The Nigerian was taken into the police station along with 1,000 US dollars, four phones, a computer notebook and account books.

He admitted that he had been sweet talking Thai women into transferring money to him. He posed as a successful businessman posting pictures to support this online. He promised to by the victims expensive goods from abroad and pass on to them.

Shortly after his arrest a man called Patrick Ebguche, 31, also a Nigerian national appeared at the station. He told police that the money in the carrier bag belonged to someone else and was needed to "help a family who were facing danger in Nigeria".

He said that he had contacted Benson to get a Thai bank account set up.

Police have arrested both men and investigations are continuing to discover what exactly they have been up to. Alleged victims of the pair are also being interviewed in the matter.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-26

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if a Thai does it to a foreigner TUFF LUCK. But they have Thai women trusting BLACK MEN? I don't think so. People love WHITE too much here. I just love the way all these BAD people rush to the police station to ASSIST. ha ha bloody ha.

In a white plastic bag with pink stripes they found a Central bag containing 1.7 million baht in cash.

This led them to an apartment near Hua Mark station where they talked to Ugochukwu Benson Ezenwegbu, 26. The Nigerian was taken into the police station along with 1,000 US dollars, four phones, a computer notebook and account books

Looks like the 1.7 million baht never made it to the station...

Nigerians sweet talking Thai women to get money out of them.

Makes a change it is normally Thai women doing the sweet talking.

Never see any arrests made though.

Thai women give men what they want, the fantasy of a girl half their age and that of love: they deliver on this but if you get sucked in further and start making donations that's your problem.

These Nigerians are obtaining advantage by deception, totally different IMO.

Thailand what about all the lies and deception that Thais practice on us westerners i dont seem to recall to many arrests.

That could be something to do with there not being any reports to the police about "all the lies and deception that Thais practice on us westerners". If you've been the victim of deception by Thais you would have reported it, yes?

In a white plastic bag with pink stripes they found a Central bag containing 1.7 million baht in cash.

This led them to an apartment near Hua Mark station where they talked to Ugochukwu Benson Ezenwegbu, 26. The Nigerian was taken into the police station along with 1,000 US dollars, four phones, a computer notebook and account books

Looks like the 1.7 million baht never made it to the station...

It's there on the table in the photo, if you look.

That's because there are no reports about Thai women illegally defrauding people. Giving money voluntarily to your wife or girlfriend doesn't count as being defrauded.

Thai women give men what they want, the fantasy of a girl half their age and that of love: they deliver on this but if you get sucked in further and start making donations that's your problem.

These Nigerians are obtaining advantage by deception, totally different IMO.

Nope.

Deception is deception.

Edited by Bluespunk

Patrick needs a better line of BS, the BIB were never going to accept that as reason to hand over B1.7 mill.

and I thought only a Thai would come up with that (family reason) and expect results...

It is all based on greed. Just the same are the game shows on TV. People always think they are clever and that they will get something for nothing, which of course they wont. As the say "There is no such ting as a free meal".

I am approached online nearly every day, with offers of between 7 million and 100 million dollars. Once I replied, just to play along. The scam was that they wanted me to cover the courier fee, to have the check sent overnight mail. The courier fee was $235, and had to be sent Western Union. Told them the jig was up. People do stupid things all the time. Plenty of foreigners get fleeced by Thai woman, with every scam under the sun. So a few Thai women get fleeced by the Nigerian men. Can't say my heart is bleeding.

The best part is this:

Shortly after his arrest a man called Patrick Ebguche, 31, also a Nigerian national appeared at the station. He told police that the money in the carrier bag belonged to someone else and was needed to "help a family who were facing danger in Nigeria". He said that he had contacted Benson to get a Thai bank account set up.

Imagine the look on the cops faces when this fool shows up at the police station? I need my money back. Please, we worked really hard for it. You have no idea how many women we had to fleece for that money. I told my friend it was a bad idea to carry it all around in a shopping bag. He just does not listen to me. Please, just give us the money back, and let us go.

How do they get into the country? It's quite obvious they haven't been hired as the CEO of a blue chip company, so why let them in when more often than not they are bringing grief with them?

All that matters here is a head count not pedigree.