Where to stay

Richem

Hi guys,

I'll be in Phuket from the 16-21 Dec, this year and am looking for some 2-3 star accommodation around Patong. I'll be with my wife and 4 yr old and 1 yr old daughters so need

a/c and a clean room. I'm trying to not spend more than 1500thb per night. We have a portable cot and the 4 yr old can sleep on the couch or in our bed. Please let me know if any of you guys have any suggestions and also please let me know if I'm being unrealistic as I haven't been to Phuket for 7 years. I'm also open to other beaches like Kata etc.

Cheers.

agoda first price DOES NOT INCLUDE tax, You need click thru to reserve page

booking ,com does .....so check there first,

last year was the first year in a decade that one could still find rooms in Patong on Xmas day thru new years,

but still i suggest booking NOW

each hotel sets its own kids policy but usually a kid under 6 sleeping in existing beds can sleep free.

Try PS2. (northern part of Rat-t-thit road, east side of road)
Nice courtyard, old pool, but still a pool.

Not bad location (2 blocks to the beach, 6 to Bangla).
Great prices.
Not sure of air-con room prices, I used to stay in the fan rooms for less than 1,000 baht.

I always liked staying at the Bel-Aire in Patong,cheap and cheerful with big rooms and a very easy walk to Bangla and back home after.It's not the Ritz but after doing the rounds in Patong at many,many different places I've found it very hard to beat,it just does what it says on the tin!
(It has Tiki Hut bars in the courtyard outside for a cheeky final beer on the way home too!)

http://www.agoda.com/en-gb/bel-aire-resort/hotel/phuket-th.html

You could try a small clean fairly new boutique hotel just off the end of Rat-u-Thid road, called Patong V ([email protected]) and although it's away from Bangla, it's only a five minute walk to the beach and just a couple of minutes from the new night market, not to mention other amenities.

Most smaller places like this will be keen for custom, so give it a try.

I may be a skeptic, but if you book now at some 2 to 3 star for the very highest of high season in Patong, you may not have a reservation anymore when you show up, especially if they can get more money for the room... Good luck!

Just now, Jimi007 said:

I may be a skeptic, but if you book now at some 2 to 3 star for the very highest of high season in Patong, you may not have a reservation anymore when you show up, especially if they can get more money for the room... Good luck!

Do you really think a reputable hotel would cancel a firm boking ?  The key word is ... reputable. If you book through a major booking web site and don't get the room booked then there will be major consequences to the hotel by the booking companies. 

On 08/08/2016 at 5:21 PM, Jimi007 said:

"especially if they can get more money for the room" - I was thinking, "especially if they have gone broke and closed beforehand."  

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/07/2016 at 10:08 PM, LivinginKata said:

Some very low headline prices on that website. But I dug a bit deeper and most hotels add on surcharges for the 2 kids. But still possible for you budget. Best of luck. Please report back how you got on ...

I've had a look at some of the places and they seem great, Thanks for the being positive and not a negative <deleted>. 

On 08/08/2016 at 3:40 PM, xylophone said:

You could try a small clean fairly new boutique hotel just off the end of Rat-u-Thid road, called Patong V ([email protected]) and although it's away from Bangla, it's only a five minute walk to the beach and just a couple of minutes from the new night market, not to mention other amenities.

Most smaller places like this will be keen for custom, so give it a try.

Looks like a cool place. I've got some friend over there that are going to have a look at it for us. At the moment the have availability on there website. I really appreciate your help.

On 26/07/2016 at 9:56 PM, Shot said:

Looks great, appreciate the help mate. I've got some of my wifes friends that live and work in Phuket also having a bit of a look around for us. but i had a look on the link and there seems to be some decent places for reasonable prices. Thanks again.

Thanks to all of you that have tried to help me out. Feel free to keep posting any places if you hear of anything. I'm also open to Kata and other beaches. Anyway I'll let you know what the result ends up being. Thanks again.

Edited by Richem

Just letting those who tried helping me that I've booked a studio apartment (The Deck) in Patong through Air BNB. It has ended up costing around $60 per night. I've never used Air BNB before so I hope all goes smoothly. Thanks again to all those who helped.

On 8/10/2016 at 10:55 AM, NamKangMan said:

"especially if they can get more money for the room" - I was thinking, "especially if they have gone broke and closed beforehand."  

Its not like you to post negative things.

13 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

Of course, it's not like many businesses have closed, in recent times, around Patong, is it?

Last time I went there I was surprised at lots of new businesses, all the old ones were still open, and I coudnt get a room at my favorite guest house as it was booked out.

On 31/08/2016 at 3:07 PM, Peterw42 said:

Last time I went there I was surprised at lots of new businesses, all the old ones were still open, and I coudnt get a room at my favorite guest house as it was booked out.

There are 56 pages on the "Patong is dead" thread that suggest the contrary. 

On 31/08/2016 at 3:07 PM, Peterw42 said:

There are 56 pages on the "Patong is dead" thread that suggest the contrary.