Dressed to impress - as a cop with all the trimmings! Police impersonator arrested in Bangkok

webfact

Dressed to impress - as a cop with all the trimmings! Police impersonator arrested in Bangkok

s1.jpg
Image: tnamacot

BANGKOK: -- A Thai man has been arrested after he was found impersonating a police officer in the Lat Prao area of northern Bangkok.

The culprit is on the right in the photo with acting police chief Sanit Mahathavorn holding up the fake uniform in front of the accused, reported tnamcot.

The bogus bobby was caught red handed in a hotel room where he was enjoying wearing his stylish uniform and admiring his fake Hua Mark police ID, bought on the internet for 3,500 baht.

And apart from facing charges for pretending to be a cop he also faces weapons charges after a gun and bullets were found in a search of his room.

But, in an effort at mitigation, Teeramet Siriprapathanapong, 28, said that he had never used the uniform to extort money or cause any trouble. He just loved the uniform and pretending to be a policeman.

He added that this was only the third time he had dressed up - the former volunteer cop said that he donned the brown when he went to buy a car and then met some friends wearing it on another occasion. He was boasting about being a sergeant.

He was detained and charged with impersonating a policeman and having a firearm in his possession with no license.

Meanwhile in other news in northern Bangkok, Pahonyothin police announced the arrest of a man called Jakrin Srilak (or Kla) who they say was peddling drugs in the area.

Acting on a tip off from a police informant they arrested him and found 74, 608 Ya Ba tablets at his lodgings as well as 114 grams of ice or crystal methamphetamine.

He was apprehended at the Phu Thong apartment in Ram Intra Soi 45.

Source: tnamcot

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-27

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And is it legal to buy and wear a "police" raincoat from the mbk?

There are so many different policeuniforms or hats in BKK, i have no idea who is who, real or fake.

Are securityguards in similar uniforms allowed to stop me on a road because they want to help car coming out of a driveway?

Our moobaan has security who all dress like soldiers, they even wear the helmet and boots all day long. They never warned us they would change the whole crew so we all thought the army had taken over.

And is it legal to buy and wear a "police" raincoat from the mbk?

There are so many different policeuniforms or hats in BKK, i have no idea who is who, real or fake.

Are securityguards in similar uniforms allowed to stop me on a road because they want to help car coming out of a driveway?

Our moobaan has security who all dress like soldiers, they even wear the helmet and boots all day long. They never warned us they would change the whole crew so we all thought the army had taken over.

Remember the pictures of Udon Thani's number one red Kwanchai dancing around in Bkk at the time of the major unrest wearing an Udon Thani Provincial Police uniform and nothing happened.

I have seen Uniform shops in BKK where you can have a tailor made any uniforms you want and they had

those trays full of insignias, decorations and rank's bars and strips for anyone to choose at his heart content.....

you can walk in as a simple Joe and come out a general.....

Clearly a fake amd not a very good one at that as "he had never used the uniform to extort money or cause trouble". More work needed there young man, must try harder.

Yea.... kinda like buying a college degree or Dr. license. Anything is allowed b/c each is "Free men." :-)

Are securityguards in similar uniforms allowed to stop me on a road because they want to help car coming out of a driveway ?

Yes, I have always considered this .. What if an accident is caused by this fake cops actions.

What if an accident is caused to your vehicle while the guy is too busy waving you back and blowing his whistle in his fake cop uniform ? Is his company insured ?

There is a security company in my city called "city police" they have cars with blue/red flashers and Toyota Corolla's with a US style livery.

Seems like this guy didn't do any harm.

So a fake cop dresses up as a real cop, while the real cop dresses up as Michael Jackson.

Why is the police chief wearing 1 white glove?

That's the lunch box receiving hand, "I've never touched a bribe in my life, honest, I haven't" - like monks receiving something from a woman - place it on a cloth or similar. Edited by Artisi

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif He even got the fake wings correct.

Like thousands of so- called real police uniform wearing with fake parachute wings.

I always get a laugh when I see the police with the parachute wings, I GUESS if they seen an aircraft they earn their wings, no need to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft.

Like thousands of so- called real police uniform wearing with fake parachute wings.

I always get a laugh when I see the police with the parachute wings, I GUESS if they seen an aircraft they earn their wings, no need to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft.

Police cadets do have to jump. Which is quite strange in my opinion.

I can't post the link as it is to the newspaper that cannot be named, but search for:

Parachute failure at Police Academy: 2 Die

The Police, Soldiers, Boy Scouts etc. Who wear those wings do actually earn them, by jumping from Tower parachuting simulator. Fact! post-171540-0-08609300-1469586547_thumb.

Edited by Mackstask