Tourists studying Muay Thai attacked and robbed in Pranburi

webfact

Tourists studying Muay Thai attacked and robbed in Pranburi

s2.jpg
Image: Manager Online

PRANBURI: -- Police in Pranburi and hunting three men who attacked and robbed two foreign tourists from Morocco and Italy.

The men - in their twenties - were in Thailand to study at a Thai boxing school in the Sam Roi Yot area, reported Manager Online. The were robbed of money and other valuables including a rented motorcycle in the attack on Tuesday morning.

Youssef Bemhatoun, from Italy and Othmane Tigzirine, a Moroccan, told Sam Roi Yot police that they had come to Thailand to study Muay Thai at the 301 club in the area.

They had gone to the beach at night on their rented Honda bike but on the way back home around 2am they had run out of petrol and had to push the bike. At one point on the Pranburi - Sam Roi Yot road three Thai men on another bike had passed them then turned back.

The tourists thought - here are some kind Thai men who have come to help us.

This was not the case - the Thais set about the tourists stealing a wallet with 200 Euros along with a passport and credit card. They one of the men drove off on their bike too leaving them stranded.

They walked on covered in blood to raise the alarm with a local householder who gave them first aid and called the cops.

Police descended on the area in an effort to catch those responsible as soon as possible.

Source: Manager Online

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-27

So they were pushing their rented bike because they had run out of petrol, but yet the thief had managed to ride away on their rented bike with no apparent petrol in it.

He must have been wearing one if those fake amulets made in China.

They obviously weren't attending their Muay Thai lessons either.

Only 3 against 2 with the one guy looking like a giant.

There is more to this story than what these 2 are stating.

Edited by Rayk

Somehow I cannot connect a couple of dots - 1) They were pushing the bike because it ran out of fuel but one of the robbers drove off with it. 2) Two muay thai disciples get their butts kicked by 3 Thai men on another bike. If a bike can fit 3 Thai men, they must not be very big in stature. 2 farangs against 3 Thais is about as fair a fight as a farang can pick in Thailand......

Well, my sympathy still goes out to the robbed....

Edited by huanga

So they were pushing their rented bike because they had run out of petrol, but yet the thief had managed to ride away on their rented bike with no apparent petrol in it.

And they also took their passports and credit cards which leaves the couple pretty naked.

They couldn't land one of their deadly kicks and cried for mom....

Somehow I cannot connect a couple of dots - 1) They were pushing the bike because it ran out of fuel but one of the robbers drove off with it. 2) Two muay thai disciples get their butts kicked by 3 Thai men on another bike. If a bike can fit 3 Thai men, they must not be very big in stature. 2 farangs against 3 Thais is about as fair a fight as a farang can pick in Thailand......

1. Often one bike will push another bike that's run out of petrol by pushing on the footpeg of the bike that's run out. One Thai on the bike with no gas, two on the bike that's pushing. Not uncommon, been pushed to a gas station like this by a taxi mocyc myself.

2. Maybe the 3 Thais were armed with the not uncommon knives/swords/machetes and the foreigners didn't fancy being hacked up for a few quid?

Yes I am in this area now. Many young Thai's along the Beach at night, not safe.

Police are active with license checks during the day, but at night there is motorcycle racing and noisy parties a lot.

It is not the place for farang at night.

As others have stated they ran out of petrol but the Thai guy drove away lol.. what did he have some backup petrol in his pocket, or siphon it with a hose!? And they got beat by 3 Thai men when they were most likely bigger and more skilled in fighting.. Obviously this does not add up. Maybe they got into some kind of accident and made this story up, because they were bloody. Who knows, but this will hopefully be revealed soon

My sentiment exactly

Maybe they where that strong they ran away with it after beating these Farangs who couldn't box six eggs.

Hope they never had a hard time fighting sleep after this ordeal and lose another fight.

Just saying .......

1. Often one bike will push another bike that's run out of petrol by pushing on the footpeg of the bike that's run out. One Thai on the bike with no gas, two on the bike that's pushing. Not uncommon, been pushed to a gas station like this by a taxi mocyc myself.

2. Maybe the 3 Thais were armed with the not uncommon knives/swords/machetes and the foreigners didn't fancy being hacked up for a few quid?

But the article doesn't state that the other biker pushed the bike with no fuel, it clearly states that the rider drove away.

No mention of any knives/swords/machetes.

And by the looks of the size of the 1 foreigner I find it hard to believe that very many Thai men would want to have a go at him.

3 on 2 just doesn't add up to me.

Not Thai style.

Edited by Rayk

My curiousity is aroused. Love to get the follow up on this rather strange story. JonnyF gave us a possible rational explanation, so maybe it's just bad reporting, with pertinent details omitted. Still, it's all a bit weird. For example, it says they were bloodied, so they didn't just surrender, some kind of fracas apparently took place, but I'd expect more than just bloodied if weapons were involved. Without weapons it doesn't make any sense. On the other hand, if it's some sort of scam or something, why come up with such a Cock and Bull story with such glaring inconsistencies. Yep, very weird.

Ya, an odd story about the bike! Also, I would add they might not be very good muy thai students

Edited by gk10002000

And they also took their passports and credit cards which leaves the couple pretty naked.

They couldn't land one of their deadly kicks and cried for mom....

the victims tend to get traumatized during a sudden attack,

particularly, not knowing how well the attackers are armed.

their reaction i feel was reasonable under the circumstances.

aggravating the situation further could have resulted in more

disastrous consequences.

Thanks for a reasonable explanation.

Its also possible that the Thais drsined a little fuel from their scooter.

The article also stated the Thais passed by the pair once. Its possible they grabbed a small container of gas when the decided to go rob the pair.

This is another fine example of news being repoerted in another language and errors being lost in translation...these are the types of articles most favored by farang because they csn get their daily blood pressure spike early in the day and make all kinds of comments like, "Must be more to the victim's story thsn they are letting on".

BTW, if three Thai came up to me in the dark of night and I had no idea the local terrain, I would certsinly give up my wallet and rented scooter rather than take a slashing or a bullet. But then I am an old man and have no need to place bravado in front of discretion.

It's too easy to open your months.

The article didn't mention they have knifes and hit first with a bottle.

It's was in the dark and it's happened very fast.

you got it right.

the victims cut their losses.

crimes where violence escalates can end up as capitsl offences

Again there seems to be relish in picking through the bones of a poorly written account of an incident. Can we just conclude that the report gives some but not all of the facts? And as the Thai men were on a motorbike themselves it is not rocket science to cyphon petrol from one bike to another. As I said it's pointless trying to draw conclusions unless you were there.