Foreigner found dead downtown Bangkok in Khlong Saen Saep

webfact

White man dies and all the carpers pretend he's simply a quiet retiree or a gainfully employed expat who angered some Thai and came to a sticky end

Black man dies and all the bigots assume he's a drug dealer or a pimp

I'm beginning to see why some Thais think nothing of blowing a farang away

You are confused. It is not a black man that creates the concern. It is a black Nigerian man and this was quite specifically stated.

I have never had a white farang try to sell me drugs, rent me a woman or try to run a scam on me.

On the other hand, I have had seversl blacks from the African continent attempt to do all three of the above while I walk to Foodland on Lower Sukh.

Come to think of it, I have never had a white farang woman try to rent me her services here in LOS but I have yet to walk by a black African woman who has not grabbed my arm and wanted to bed me for money.

Have they ID'ed the body yet?

Any missing person's reports ?

If he is a decent farang then he should have friends concerned for his whereabouts by now, eh?

I may be going blind but where did it say he was Nigerian? In the article it said he had no id on him.

If so I agree with Agent Sumo.

At the time of the article, the Nationality of the deceased had not been identified but the question was asked if he was a proper Western tourist or possibly an African tout from Lower Sukh since the Khlong would be in that area. When I referenced it could have been a drug dealer, I did not say this simply because he was black. I said this would be likely if he was founfpd to be a Nigerian. Sumo was building a strawman argument by accusing me of suggesting I was accusing all black men of being drug deslers--which I do not believe and did not say.

Ofcourse, anything is possible until further details are discovered and made public.

Its been near 24 hours so further info on his nationality might now be available.

Edited by ClutchClark

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White man dies and all the carpers pretend he's simply a quiet retiree or a gainfully employed expat who angered some Thai and came to a sticky end

I've known many expat retirees here for almost 20 years.

As you say in your first sentence, almost all of them are quiet retirees, having little or nothing to do with drugs, hookers or "nightlife".

I spent all of this time living on lower Sukhumvit, where these negro gentlemen tend to congregate. I always got the impression that many were engaged in nefarious activities, and gave them a wide-berth!

The posters seem to surmise a lot about the man, a lot of negative things. I'm sure he had a family, like most of us. Someone will be missing him.

Quite true. Hopefully someone has missed him enough already to file a missing persons report.

You are confused. It is not a black man that creates the concern. It is a black Nigerian man and this was quite specifically stated.

I have never had a white farang try to sell me drugs, rent me a woman or try to run a scam on me.

On the other hand, I have had seversl blacks from the African continent attempt to do all three of the above while I walk to Foodland on Lower Sukh.

Come to think of it, I have never had a white farang woman try to rent me her services here in LOS but I have yet to walk by a black African woman who has not grabbed my arm and wanted to bed me for money.

Have they ID'ed the body yet?

Any missing person's reports ?

If he is a decent farang then he should have friends concerned for his whereabouts by now, eh?

You don't know he's a Nigerian, do you? You concocted that "fact" yourself in post number 9

No one knows if a missing person's report has been filed because the news story doesn't say but you're just assuming that is the case because you and your fellow bigots automatically assume he's a drug dealer

I've been offered drugs in Bangkok by a Romanian and a Frenchman - as white as a sheet

I've been offered sexual services in Bangkok in return for money by Russians and Ukrainians - all as white as a sheet

I've been called up by boiler room scammers all of whom sounded unmistakeably white

Can't say I've heard of a black paedophile here, though whistling.gif

Edited by Agent Sumo

The posters seem to surmise a lot about the man, a lot of negative things. I'm sure he had a family, like most of us. Someone will be missing him.

Maybe the autopsy will find a bullet hole and prove that not everybody missed him conclusively!

Its arotten job those guys have who collect corpses.

The bags they are carrying look more like they contain launfpdry than a body. Is it being carried out feet forward?

A black man with two phones? Is it typical for tourists to carry two phones or was this likely an African immigrant lime I see on Lower Sukh.

i have 3 phones - i also have 2 different businesses and a personal number. is it ok because im not black?

congratulations on a predictable response.

and yes, many tourists have a local phone as well as their regular phone.

Are all blacks Nigerian scammers or drug dealers in your view, then?

I don't know where you got that idea from.

I think some of them are pimps and some are both drug deslers and pimps.

...or online scammers, particularly those with 2 phones, one always a smartphone the other a 300 baht throwaway, who hang around in the Lumpini police area (or are found dead there).

You don't know much about Thais,do you? Most of them agree with the sentiments of all the (justified) bigots that you refer to.

You don't know much about the Africans in Lumpini police beat either, come to that.

You don't know much about Thais,do you? Most of them agree with the sentiments of all the (justified) bigots that you refer to.

You don't know much about the Africans in Lumpini police beat either, come to that.

I know plenty about the Africans in that neck of the woods since I live smack bang in the middle of it, Sherlock

99% of those Africans' customers are skanky farang losers who are only too delighted at their presence outside the 7-11 next to the Sofitel

I also know that Thais don't believe all black people in Bangkok are drug dealers or pimps.

In that sense and despite having far more modest educations, they're a damn sight smarter than bigots like you and your ignorant chums on this thread

ClutchClark said

Only to an imbecile or someone without solid reading comprehension skills, I am assuming you are the latter.

The question of drug dealer was based on his place of origin and not his skin color.

I will say this one final time.

If he is a black man from Nigeria then it is likely he was a drug dealer, a pimp, or a scammer because the Nigerians in Lower Sukh, near where this body was found, are drug dealers, pimps and scammers.

So you call people names (more double standards on here) then go on to say by default all Nigerians are drug dealer or pimps or worse. !!!!!!!!

Not much worse than drug dealers and pimps in my book.

How about kiddie-fiddlers?

They seem to be all white here, don't they?

No one goes around insinuating that all white men are paedophiles, do they?

Edited by Agent Sumo

I know plenty about the Africans in that neck of the woods since I live smack bang in the middle of it, Sherlock

99% of those Africans' customers are skanky farang losers who are only too delighted at their presence outside the 7-11 next to the Sofitel

I also know that Thais don't believe all black people in Bangkok are drug dealers or pimps.

In that sense and despite having far more modest educations, they're a damn sight smarter than bigots like you and your ignorant chums on this thread

The subject is Nigerians along Lower Sukh.

Apparently you need to change it to Africans in all of BKK in order to support your argument.

And what was your argument again? That 99% of the Nigerians customers are skanky whites? But you said the Nigerians are not peddling drugs or women so what are they selling to these customers?

Edited by ClutchClark

Apparently you need to change it to all of BKK in order to support your argument.

And what was your argument again? That 99% of the Nigerians are skanky whites? But you said the Nigerians are not peddling drugs or women so what are they selling to these customers?

The subject is not Nigerians on Lower Sukhumvit

The subject is about the body of a black man found in khlong near Wireless Road and the fact that you, personally, took it upon yourself to declare that he was a Nigerian drug dealer/pimp with no evidence to support that imbecilic assertion other than the fact he had two phones.

Do Africans sell drugs and push hoes on that stretch of road? Of course they do; I ain't blind. You just assume they're Nigerians when the fact is that many of them are Ghanaian or from Ivory Coast.

This just compounds your bigoted ignorance

. Assumptions (and quite hateful ones at that) have been made in the basis of nothing but this man's colour.

That is wrong.

That's just your opinion. Assumptions based on certain specific evidence is not unreasonable.

Apparently you need to change it to all of BKK in order to support your argument.

And what was your argument again? That 99% of the Nigerians are skanky whites? But you said the Nigerians are not peddling drugs or women so what are they selling to these customers?

The subject is about the body of a black man found in khlong near Wireless Road and the fact that you, personally, took it upon yourself to declare that he was a Nigerian drug dealer/pimp with no evidence to support that imbecilic assertion other than the fact he had two phones.

Do Africans sell drugs and push hoes on that stretch of road? Of course they do; I ain't blind. You just assume they're Nigerians when the fact is that many of them are Ghanaian or from Ivory Coast.

AH, now I understand what has got your knickers in a knot. You would prefer I included Ghanians and Ivory Coast nationals when I discuss drug dealers and pimps on Lower Sukh.

Howabout scammers? Is it safe to say scammers are only Nigerians or should scammers include these other groups as well?

Edited by ClutchClark

. Assumptions (and quite hateful ones at that) have been made in the basis of nothing but this man's colour.

That is wrong.

That's just your opinion. Assumptions based on certain specific evidence is not unreasonable.

Prejudicial assumptions based on colour are hate.

Edited by Bluespunk

That is wrong.

Assumptions based on colour are hate.

But it was an assumption based on Nationality.

Come on Blue...

I didn't say that Thais believe all blacks in Bangkok are drug dealers or pimps.

Some might call my observations on certain types in that area bigoted, others may call them perceptive and intuitive, not to say spot on.

AH, now I understand what has got your knickers in a knot. You would prefer I included Ghanians and Ivory Coast nationals when I discuss drug dealers and pimps on Lower Sukh.

Howabout scammers? Is it safe to say scammers are only Nigerians or should scammers include these other groups as well?

No your thinly-veiled racism is what irks me but I've exposed you as the bigot you are for all to see.

Consider my knickers un-knotted

I would like to clarify for All that Sumo has corrected me. It is not just Nigerians that are drug dealers and pimps...it is also Ivory Coast nationals and Ghanians.

My thanks to Sumo for his personal experience on Lower Sukh.

Edited by ClutchClark

That is wrong.

Come on Blue...

Use my user name properly. Not a request.

No nationality was mentioned in OP.

Prejudicial assumptions based on nationality are hate.

I didn't say that Thais believe all blacks in Bangkok are drug dealers or pimps.

Some might call my observations on certain types in that area bigoted, others may call them perceptive and intuitive, not to say spot on.

Yes you did

Here, let me remind you

One reasonably assumes you were referring to all Thais and not just those around the Lower Sukhumvit Road

Not much worse than drug dealers and pimps in my book.

How about kiddie-fiddlers?

They seem to be all white here, don't they?

No one goes around insinuating that all white men are paedophiles, do they?

"They seem to be all white here, don't they?"

Only the ones who get arrested.

That is wrong.

Come on Blue...

You're being deliberately obtuse and trying to divert attention away from your asinine comments with a particularly lame strain of humour

You claimed the guy was Nigerian and you had no way of knowing that

You assumed that if he was black and if he was black, he was an African; then you thought, if he was an African, then he was a Nigerian and that if he was a Nigerian, he had to be a dealer or a pimp

Edited by Agent Sumo

Come on Blue...

I think I will just call you "Ignore" ;-)

Edited by ClutchClark

Come on Blue...

I think I will just call you "Ignore" ;-)

Go for it.

You won't be missed.

That is wrong.

Prejudicial assumptions based on colour are hate.

Thanks for pointing that out to Sumo, BP. It's about time.

Shame that these Africans with a massive chip on their shoulders really believe that racism is a one-way street.

When you say "imbecilic", don't you mean "more than likely accurate"?

Seeing that Wireless actually crosses Sukhumvit it's impossible to get any nearer than that, nor should the police area that both places are found in be ignored. The geography isn't that bad.

Many times "Nigerian" is used as a figure of speech when drugs, pimps, prostitutes and scammers are being discussed to avoid Ghanaian or Ivorian Coast pedantic hair splitting.

Some offensive posts have been removed as well as the replies. Posts containing inappropriate language have been removed. Another post in which the reply was made within the quoted has been removed as well:

2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.