July 27, 201610 yr Where is the quickest and cheapest way to do a visa run by air. Also if you do a visa run by land how long can you get a visa for? Many thanks.
July 27, 201610 yr What kind of visa do you plan on applying for? Or are you asking about getting a new 30 day visa exempt entry. By land it would 15 days unless you are from a G7 country that would allow a 30 day entry. The least costly out and back by air to get one would be to Kuala Lumpur from Bangkok considering a visa is not required for Malaysia for most nationalities.
July 27, 201610 yr From your question it indeeds sounds like you want to do a border run only to get a new exempt entry (not applying for a visa). When looking at flight prices it is important to know when your run is due. Planning ahead saves money. When comparing prices don't forget that for Laos and Cambodia you will have to pay for visa on arrival usually. Whats your nationality? Flying from Bangkok? Edited July 27, 201610 yr by KhunBENQ
July 27, 201610 yr If you want to re-enter by land without a visa, using the tourist visa exempt scheme, you'll get 30 days if you are from Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, UK or the USA otherwise it will be 15. It's not available at all borders and can be denied/limited by the number of previous entries at some others.
July 27, 201610 yr For a visa exempt entry, out and back the same day to Kuala Lumpur is often cheapest. Depending on your nationality (whether you are eligible for visa exempt entry to Vietnam) it may also be worth checking prices to Ho Chi Minh City. Airlines to consider are Air Asia, Nok Air, and Thai Lion. You often cannot see the real price, by the way, until you select the flight you want to travel on. Nok Air, in particular, is notorious at quoting 300 baht for a 2,000 baht trip. You need to book at least 10 days ahead for the best prices, usually more.
July 27, 201610 yr Hi ubonjoe and elviajero I don't know if this the right area to post this question. Anyway I wandered if you can give me a little information I have a cat o visa based on marriage and got to do visa run every 90 days can you advice me the best and cheapest way of doing it does it have to be by air or can go by land from Bkk to somewhere am sorry for long post
July 27, 201610 yr Hi ubonjoe and elviajero I don't know if this the right area to post this question. Anyway I wandered if you can give me a little information I have a cat o visa based on marriage and got to do visa run every 90 days can you advice me the best and cheapest way of doing it does it have to be by air or can go by land from Bkk to somewhere am sorry for long post You can do it by land or air. By air, Bangkok to KL, Malaysia and back is a recommended option. If by land from BKK there are visa run companies that will take you to the border and back for a reasonable fee. e.g. http://www.thaivisaservice.com. Most companies go to the Cambodian border. But you can do it at any international border yourself.
July 27, 201610 yr Many thanks elviajero for quick response and answer will look into it thanks again
September 19, 201610 yr Hi ubonjoe & elvero i would like like to know if I have just been ripped of I have just done a visa run to poipot think that's how you spell it and I went into some office on the Cambodia side I already had a non o visa was charged 1200 bhat where I thought it was only 500 I said it was just for the day but they gave me a month visa just don't know if this right or not as never done one before sorry for long explanation cheers Roger
September 19, 201610 yr 1 minute ago, Roger1960 said: Hi ubonjoe & elvero i would like like to know if I have just been ripped of I have just done a visa run to poipot think that's how you spell it and I went into some office on the Cambodia side I already had a non o visa was charged 1200 bhat where I thought it was only 500 I said it was just for the day but they gave me a month visa just don't know if this right or not as never done one before sorry for long explanation cheers Roger The 500 baht number is for a border pass at crossings to Myanmar. For Cambodia you have to pay for a 30 day visa on arrival which costs $30 or as you paid 1200 baht (more at some crossings).
September 19, 201610 yr Typically you will be asked for an amount in baht for a Cambodian tourist visa. The correct price is 30$. This is around 1050 Baht. They will always demand more whatever. At Daung (Ban Laem) they initially ask for 1700 Baht and then the other Cambodian guy who stamps you out will ask for another 100 Baht!
September 19, 201610 yr Thank you guys as always very helpful to us newbies many thanks for response Roger
September 19, 201610 yr 3 hours ago, Roger1960 said: Hi ubonjoe & elvero i would like like to know if I have just been ripped of I have just done a visa run to poipot think that's how you spell it and I went into some office on the Cambodia side I already had a non o visa was charged 1200 bhat where I thought it was only 500 I said it was just for the day but they gave me a month visa just don't know if this right or not as never done one before sorry for long explanation cheers Roger Personally, I prefer always to pay US$30 for my Cambodian visa. However, Cambodia immigration is well aware that many travelers are happy to pay more. As you will see from the other responses, 1,200 baht is a relatively modest request, and actually quite OK if you want to pay using baht. A "VIP" service including both visa and entry/exit stamps for 2,000 baht or so is possible. As said, as long as you have US dollars, this alternative price is optional.
Create an account or sign in to comment