Extend 30Day and Denied 2nd Visa in Laos

I've read that it's possible to extend a visa exempt stamp for 30 days at Immigration. Can I do this at the Silom immigration office? I'm American and this is my first visa exempt stamp. I've been here since October on a double entry (which I got from USA) followed by a single entry visa from Laos.

I have this stamp because I was denied a single entry visa on my 2nd trip to Laos. I only had 1 previous visa from Vientiane this year. When I asked why they pointed to a note they left on my passport in 2013 when I did a few double entry visas there. I've read here many times that visa runs from 3 years ago would not affect getting a visa now, but apparently that's not true for everyone.

No, you will need to apply at the immigration office within the Government Complex at Chaeng Wattana.

Thank you.

OP if possible renew your PP, you will then have no problem in obtaining a new TV at Vientiane if required

I only need to stay in Bangkok for another 3-4 months so planning to get a couple 30day stamps + extensions. I will definitely renew before my next trip to Thailand thanks