SETV Agent for Penang - recommendations & times?

Hi all,

I'm making my first visit to Penang on Friday to apply for my first SETV (I've been on 30 day exempts+ extensions for the last 4 months). I understand that it's common to use agents, so I am hoping someone can recommend a guest house where I can find a good agent. I've heard that there are lots on Chulia Street, but I've also read about some sketchy experiences. I just want to find a reliable agent who won't try to convince me to pay extra because my visa is likely to be denied unless I bribe the officials -or some other BS.

Also, I am flying into Hat Yai (arriving at 9am) on Friday, and will be taking a minivan into Penang, so should get there before 2pm. If I seek out an agent right away, will I make it in time to get the paperwork done on the Friday, so that I can get my visa on Monday? Or, will I likely have to wait until Tuesday for it to be processed?

Many thanks - appreciate your assistance!

I used Banana on Chulia Street (http://bananapenang.com/main/) to get a single entry tourist visa a few months ago. They were recommended to me by a local who is knowledgeable about such things. Very cheap (actually cheaper than taking a taxi to and from the Thai Consulate twice, if you're staying in Georgetown), no issues. As ubonjoe said, they will likely submit your paperwork on Monday morning, and you will get your passport back on Tuesday afternoon. Have fun. I love Penang.

Go to Jims place without a doubt. You can pick your passport up at 2:00PM on Tuesday.

Uber will get you around Penang very cheap from airport to Jims place will be about 30 minutes and cost less than $5 USD.