11 provinces placed under warning of flashfloods, mudslides this weekend

webfact

11 provinces placed under warning of flashfloods, mudslides this weekend

685_Weather-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Disaster Warning Centre (NDWC) today warned people living in 11 provinces in the Northeast, the East and the South of possible flash floods and mudslides from increased rainfalls.

The warning came as the Meteorological Department forecast of increased rainfalls following the tropical storm Mirinae landing on the coast of Northeast Vietnam at 4.00am today.

The storm will result in increased rainfalls in Thailand’s Northeast, East and North this weekend.

The NDWC mentioned the 11 provinces as Nong Khai, Bung Karn, Mukdaharn, Nakhon Phanom, Udon Thani, Nong Bua Lampoo, Rayong, Chanthaburi, Trat, Ranong, and Phang Nga.

Heavy rains will begin from today till the weekend in some areas in these provinces, and possible flash floods and mudslides are expected, it said.

Meanwhile the arrival of the tropical storm will also strengthen the southwesterly monsoon covering the Andaman Sea, Southern Thailand, and Gulf of Thailand.

This will result in heavy rains in the South.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/11-provinces-placed-warning-flashfloods-mudslides-weekend/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-07-28

I'm glad NOT to read SIsaket this time. thumbsup.gif

I,ve visited Si Sa Ket twice in the past,thank goodness never again,my condolences and admiration go out to you sir...........wai2.gif

What's wrong with Si Sa Ket? Isaan is the old Thailand. Or as some say the real Thailand. A trip to the countryside can be very rewarding, culturally. I personally have been many times to Isaan and love the place. Very friendly people and a great cultural heritage. You need to open your eyes to all walks of life in Thailand. Bangkok is completely false and in no way shows you the real Thailand like Isaan does. If only they had highly paid jobs in Isaan then Bangkok would be a ghost town.