Thai based Paypal account : can you add extra emails to accept payments plus original account email

Will Paypal allow you to add another email address to a current account ?

Plan on keeping the original email that the account was set-up with

It is a Thai account , Thai name Thai address and Thai bank account number.

Just thinking that another billing email address would help with a cute name for the handicrafts they want to try selling ,

Thanks for your ideas

Yes, that's possible.

However, keep in mind that the account might be limited for the first 2 months. Paypal in Thailand likes to limit merchant accounts for the first 2 months by keeping payments "on hold" for the first 3 weeks, unless a tracking number is provided payments are being kept on hold for 2 weeks. Then there's a 5 to 7 days processing time where they just sit on your funds, then it's released for transfer which takes another 5 to 7 days on average.

For the first 2 months the earliest you can have access to your funds is after 4 to 5 weeks.

Also keep in mind that paypal can close a merchant account any time without a valid reason, they do that all the time. Funds then are kept by paypal for the next 6 months before they allow you to withdraw it.

I'd recommend you to find a different payment solution if you regularly plan to accept commercial payments.

Yes, that's possible.

However, keep in mind that the account might be limited for the first 2 months. Paypal in Thailand likes to limit merchant accounts for the first 2 months by keeping payments "on hold" for the first 3 weeks, unless a tracking number is provided payments are being kept on hold for 2 weeks. Then there's a 5 to 7 days processing time where they just sit on your funds, then it's released for transfer which takes another 5 to 7 days on average.

For the first 2 months the earliest you can have access to your funds is after 4 to 5 weeks.

Also keep in mind that paypal can close a merchant account any time without a valid reason, they do that all the time. Funds then are kept by paypal for the next 6 months before they allow you to withdraw it.

I'd recommend you to find a different payment solution if you regularly plan to accept commercial payments.

Thanks , yes we had problems when we first started , and then we did not sell anything for a few months and they again held the money for 3 weeks ,

But really they are the only game in town for most buyers , they trust Paypal , and at least so far there is not really a 2nd choice ,

maybe someday Apple Pay , google Pay etc will be as big as Paypal and people will want to use it , but I think that will be a long time from now !.

and that is why I asked about the 2nd name , yes I can goggle an answer , but that does not mean it will work in Thailand just because it works in the USA,

Anyway if you have had problems adding a 2nd or 3rd email please let us know :)

thanks again

You can always sign up with a payment service provider to accept creditcard payments, bank transfers and direct debits in one go under one contract.
Based on my experience, paypal is a nice bonus but certainly not necessary for an online business to accept payments.