Where is the best coffee place in CM (not Starbucks or chains)

balo

I am in CM and I'm trying to find out more about this city . Where do they have knowledge about making a really good hot cup of coffee here? I am spoiled after living in Pattaya for too long.

Thanks, also I have been told to try the hilltribe coffee, maybe thats a hidden gem ?

Edited by balo

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I was thinking about places that roast their own beans.

I found one, Qahwa Coffee Estate, but it's some distance from the centre of CM.

Yes sir we need up to date information. 7.38% of the coffee places mentioned in the previous threads have moved or been closed. There have been 6 new openings. Of the remaining, 3.68% have changed so can not be considered the same as when reviewed on the previous threads. So only about 89% of that information is accurate as of this moment but that is not precise enough for this poster who wants a cup of hot coffee.

Oh, what kind of hot coffee does he want? Oh now he adds that he wants a bean roasting place which narrows it down substantially. Perhaps if we wait longer he will further advise us of his desires since a cup of hot coffee is quite broad these days and we do not want to wast his time or ours talking about expresso, decaff, capuchino or mocha when he wants Americano with carmel. And what area of the city he prefers and the environment, interntet availability, hours, price .....

Yes sir we need up to date information. 7.38% of the coffee places mentioned in the previous threads have moved or been closed. There have been 6 new openings. Of the remaining, 3.68% have changed so can not be considered the same as when reviewed on the previous threads. So only about 89% of that information is accurate as of this moment but that is not precise enough for this poster who wants a cup of hot coffee.

Oh, what kind of hot coffee does he want? Oh now he adds that he wants a bean roasting place which narrows it down substantially. Perhaps if we wait longer he will further advise us of his desires since a cup of hot coffee is quite broad these days and we do not want to wast his time or ours talking about expresso, decaff, capuchino or mocha when he wants Americano with carmel. And what area of the city he prefers and the environment, interntet availability, hours, price .....

You seem to know a lot about coffee places. Maybe you could recommend your favorite place ?

Yes a place where they roast their own beans narrows it down but that doesnt mean their coffee is perfect .

Also cheaper places from 30 baht and up can be better than a 100 baht coffee, it all depends on the preparation of it , if they clean their machines regularly etc.

You seem to know a lot about coffee places. Maybe you could recommend your favorite place ?

Yes a place where they roast their own beans narrows it down but that doesnt mean their coffee is perfect .

Also cheaper places from 30 baht and up can be better than a 100 baht coffee, it all depends on the preparation of it , if they clean their machines regularly etc.

Sorry, my favorite place does not meet your criteria.

And nobody knows what kind of coffee you want or where you prefer. Perdect coffee???

Just back from Benjamit...I'll have them hold you a cup for when you get back ☺

Thanks , we know what we're paying for there.

But I was hoping our CM friends could lead me into the right direction.

ok Tapae gate I will look for that coffee club then . coffee1.gif

I think I saw a vending machine near big C...by gawd the price was right!

Seriously though, in Chonburi we have Jeffer stores in a few service stations. They sell

Seattle Best coffee for 20 Baht - it's cold but much better than Birdy and that other crap.

Nana bakery and coffee shop, Santhitham, hot latte 30bht.

Good Danish and Croissant too.

30 baht sounds like a great deal if it's any good.

Too far away, but I do have a car so I could check it out tomorrow. Every day a new coffe place, just for the fun of it. Istr8to is on my list as well.

Different tastes though: for me it ain't coffee if it has milk in it...

And don't even mention sugar tongue.png

I like both, I prefer a black coffee to wake up in the morning , but a well prepared hot cappuccino for lunch . I drink 3 cups every day at home.

Ristretto overrated IMO, cappuccino and latte 8 out of 10 times too cold.

You are right and cold coffee is a sin. Cappuccino and latte is that coffee?bah.gif

Nice artwork sometimes, but please, I came for a good cup of coffee.

Amazon at many fuel stations is not bad. Wavee has a 'name' and their beans are hilltribe grown or grown on hills, whatever you believe they promote.biggrin.png

This place will probably be a bit out of the way for you but the next time you're out driving (north) then be sure to stop at Pankled Coffee. Take route 107 north to route 1095 (road to Pai). Turn left on 1095 and continue for about 20 km, more or less, and you will see Pankled Coffee on the left. Relaxing place with decent food as well as coffee.

post-11958-0-79177800-1469847457_thumb.j

post-11958-0-73902800-1469847722_thumb.j

Edited by Spaniel

You are right and cold coffee is a sin. Cappuccino and latte is that coffee?bah.gif

Amazon at many fuel stations is not bad. Wavee has a 'name' and their beans are hilltribe grown or grown on hills, whatever you believe they promote.biggrin.png

Sorry but I do not share your opinion about Amazon. 4 out of 5 times I have been disappointed. I drove up from Chonburi last week and near every gas station there is an Amazon . The Americano they served me tasted like crap . I could only manage one sip of it. Very bitter and probably very few customers ask for hot coffee at Amazon , all the Thai customers in there are happy with their sweet ice coffee.

Having said that , I know one Amazon with decent coffee so I guess it can be a hit or miss.

The coffee shop at the "back" entrance to Payap University. It's called "หอมกรุ่น Coffee." That's "hom groon" if you want to say it.

Good rich flavored coffee for those who like it STRONG.

post-165256-0-41540500-1469858592_thumb.

Edited by Trujillo

Sorry but I do not share your opinion about Amazon. 4 out of 5 times I have been disappointed. I drove up from Chonburi last week and near every gas station there is an Amazon . The Americano they served me tasted like crap . I could only manage one sip of it. Very bitter and probably very few customers ask for hot coffee at Amazon , all the Thai customers in there are happy with their sweet ice coffee.

Having said that , I know one Amazon with decent coffee so I guess it can be a hit or miss.

Best way to avoid all this is to buy yourself a descent espresso machine and some good coffee and only brew at home.

Then of course best refrain from drinking coffee elsewhere.

After hunting high and low for the best cup of coffee in CM I ended up with a surprise result. Gloria Jean's inside Central was just perfect. Strong but not too bitter and with a good aftertaste. One more please.

2016_07_31_17_05_46.jpg

On 7/29/2016 at 3:27 PM, CantSpell said:

There is one near Taphae gate that seems to have a very good reputation...

The coffee club is the name I think.

OP asking places that are *not* a chain or Starbucks.