Embarassing Things Westerners Do

eldragon

Speaking in Pidgin English to all and sundry especially to their companion of the day/night. Witnessed such a conversation in 7/11

OVERBLOATED FARANG ' Eat, yummy, yummy ha roi. I like, you like?

Treating all like they have the mind of a five year old.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/4/2016 at 6:26 AM, Thian said:

It should be: "Does anyone learn here?" :thumbsup:

Absolutely not, as "here" is a reference to "Here, in this forum" (be aware of where you post messages).

But reasoning with uncertainty or add to the dots is not seen frequently here. Many suppositions and beliefs, very few inferences (google, please).

Summarizing: YES for the comma! :)

Edited by AGLV0121

• 4 months later...

You seem to be a bit insecure about that.But you,like everybody else live in the real Thailand.Its all around you.And you make real Thailand where ever you are.Its rather like when people say that Florida is not real America because of all the tourists and the attractions.It is real America,its the fun side of America,but having been there many times,it still has its Italian Mafia,and its,illegal gambling and every thing else that the 'real America' has.Pattaya,Phuket,Bangkok,may be the main places for fantasy and good times,But it is still Thailand.Then again the road least traveled,will also the reveal the Tribe people,Thais that really have not so much contact with Ferangs,But its still Thailand.Thailand is what you make of it for your self.I remember you telling me that you live in Bkk,thats real enough for anybody.:smile:

C'mom SB You live in the real Thailand because you are ,makng it real.

Considering that my last post in this thread was five months ago, you might want to give me a little more to work on.

Or you could just continue being obstinate, and the conversation will likely go nowhere. I guess it's up to you how you waste your time.

Blimey,you just cant be nice to some people.And your post wasnt 5 months ago,you accused me of denigrating a population and its country all over a hair dresser that showed her tits only a few days ago. You know,i thought,new year and all that,maybe,he's not such a bad bloke,but i guess i was barking up the

wrong tree.

khon Kaen bloody Dave.There!

On 8/9/2016 at 10:01 PM, Minnie the Minx said:

Speaking in Pidgin English to all and sundry especially to their companion of the day/night. Witnessed such a conversation in 7/11

The example cited, in most cases, does not typify someone who treats others as having minds of 5-year-olds, but rather typifies farang that have, at least on some (emotional?) level, minds of 5-year-olds. Pitiful, cringe-worthy, and difficult to abide, for sure. Might be time to revive the good old 'slap upside the head,' which I do believe was invented for just such individuals.

12 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Considering that my last post in this thread was five months ago, you might want to give me a little more to work on.

Or you could just continue being obstinate, and the conversation will likely go nowhere. I guess it's up to you how you waste your time.

Try using the quote feature. It makes it much easier for people to understand what you're ranting incoherently about.

It would seem to me that you just cant stop yourself adding insults,can you.Well,its ok,your pedigree is quite obvious to me now.It was you that broke the terms of our agreement,or dont you remember that either.Its a new year,and i believe in holding out the hand of friendship,and not holding grudges,Thats not good for anybody,but it would appear that you dont have that sort of emotion.Poor you. you know what? maybe you do live in a different sort of Thailand after all.

This from somebody who cant even remember less than 7 days ago!.As i said you was the one that contacted me first.i told you in Pm that it would be a good idea if we simply ignored each other,But you couldnt let it go.You are one of these,"i must have the last word" type. Well thats a very childish side to your Id.(look it up if you dont know what Id means) so bring it on SB,you'll get no rise from me. And yes it is nearly lunch time,shouldnt you be calling your only friend to meet up for your weekly visit to the pharmacy for your meds.

I noticed the same, westerners don't like to go into the riverboats and stay out on the deck which is not allowed.

But hey can you blame them? Inside the boats it's very busy, hot, nothing to lean against and no good view to make pictures.

Once i wanted to get out of the boat and at the stairs was a farang with a camera standing who wanted to make a pic of a temple.

When i tried to pass him he suddenly sticked the camera infront of me, blocking my way while i had to get off, and he expected me to wait for him to make his picture. I just walked through his camera-arm and got comments from him.

I understand they want to make pictures but than take the dinnercruise boat instead. 

I'm ashamed to see old farang with young thai girls....what will the young thai boys think of that? And what if their sister gets an old farang? In that case he can't even speak to his BIL, has a totally different background and the guy could be his grandpa.

For the rest i don't like to see farang walking half naked in BKK, in Pattaya i don't care.

7 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

This from somebody who cant even remember less than 7 days ago!.As i said you was the one that contacted me first.i told you in Pm that it would be a good idea if we simply ignored each other,But you couldnt let it go.You are one of these,"i must have the last word" type. Well thats a very childish side to your Id.(look it up if you dont know what Id means) so bring it on SB,you'll get no rise from me. And yes it is nearly lunch time,shouldnt you be calling your only friend to meet up for your weekly visit to the pharmacy for your meds.

Its your round Dave!

11 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I just checked. It seems you PMed me angrily back in April last year for some reason, and I replied that if you didn't like my posts, you didn't have to read them. That advice still stands.

Weird that you're still talking about it nine months later, though. What's that all about?

On 8/9/2016 at 10:01 PM, Minnie the Minx said:

What are you suppose to do in all honesty?

"Excuse me Sir, might I inquire about a particular subject pertaining to.."

"Allai na?"