Hard Rock Cafe coming to Chiang Mai

Chiengmaijoe

2 hours ago, Loaded said:

The menu is primarily burgers and sandwiches. Only somebody with the palate of a plastic bag would call this excellent.

How kind of you to say.  :)

Of course, the odds are that you've never tasted their menu, so commenting on it is patently absurd, but this IS ThaiVisa... 

Be assured that if you eat there, we will ask them to garnish your plate with a parsley sprig if that make you feel it a bit more haute cuisine. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Of course, the odds are that you've never tasted their menu, so commenting on it is patently absurd, but this IS ThaiVisa... 

Be assured that if you eat there, we will ask them to garnish your plate with a parsley sprig if that make you feel it a bit more haute cuisine. 

That's correct - I have never eaten their menu.

10 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

1 hour ago, Loaded said:

That's correct - I have never eaten their menu.

As I'm sure that you realize that "menu" can be defined as ": the dishes available for or served at a meal;  also: the meal itself,"  and not just a paper list,  I would heartily recommend that you try it. Their fare is remarkably good and well worth the price! The fact that the chain is so successful speaks clearly to its value.

2 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

As I'm sure that you realize that "menu" can be defined as ": the dishes available for or served at a meal;  also: the meal itself,"  and not just a paper list,  I would heartily recommend that you try it. Their fare is remarkably good and well worth the price! The fact that the chain is so successful speaks clearly to its value.

The fact that certain, extreme defenders/supporters of the place are seriously grossly overweight warns me off from even considering eating their menu!:D

The fact that certain, extreme defenders/supporters of the place are seriously grossly overweight warns me off from even considering eating their menu![emoji3]

And so, a second voice with no experience of the restaurant, nor knowledge of its patrons, pretends to make useful contribution. Pretense exposed! LOL!

1 hour ago, FolkGuitar said:

And so, a second voice with no experience of the restaurant, nor knowledge of its patrons, pretends to make useful contribution. Pretense exposed! LOL!

LOL!?? juvenile response at best, as usual.

Anyways what i put into practice is thus;

If one is intelligent enough to learn from others mistakes..ie;if my not eating, as you eat, will prevent me from becoming morbidly obese, i take it onboard and learn not to make the same eating errors.

That is not "pretense" at all

I call it smart thinking,..maybe you don't, but that's your choice.

Not much different IMO to my saying" one who sups from a poisoned chalice is bound to suffer intensely" .

Again, no experience or knowledge of such an event, but i do know that it is not, as you say exposing pretense, rather, its called common sense.

Something you appear to be lacking in! :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, garryjohns said:

LOL!?? juvenile response at best, as usual.

Anyways what i put into practice is thus;

If one is intelligent enough to learn from others mistakes..ie;if my not eating, as you eat, will prevent me from becoming morbidly obese, i take it onboard and learn not to make the same eating errors.

That is not "pretense" at all

I call it smart thinking,..maybe you don't, but that's your choice.

Not much different IMO to my saying" one who sups from a poisoned chalice is bound to suffer intensely" .

Again, no experience or knowledge of such an event, but i do know that it is not, as you say exposing pretense, rather, its called common sense.

Something you appear to be lacking in! :rolleyes:

Hmmm... I thought this thread was about restaurants, not about your eating habits. The thread is about a restaurant, not about people. Please don't hijack it just so you can make silly personal attacks.

Edited by FolkGuitar

1 hour ago, FolkGuitar said:

Hmmm... I thought this thread was about restaurants, not about your eating habits. The thread is about a restaurant, not about people. Please don't hijack it just so you can make silly personal attacks.

Restaurants need people and people have different tastes and eating habits..no hijacking at all...no silly personal attacks either, just some easily confirmed facts.

1 hour ago, garryjohns said:

Restaurants need people and people have different tastes and eating habits..no hijacking at all...no silly personal attacks either, just some easily confirmed facts.

"juvenile response at best, as usual".

Your post #66 GaryJ

that is a silly personal attack, certainly not an easily confirmed fact

Are you even awake?

30 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

"juvenile response at best, as usual".

Your post #66 GaryJ

that is a silly personal attack, certainly not an easily confirmed fact

Are you even awake?

You probably haven't noticed this but when ever he replies to a post that I've made, it ALWAYS includes some sort of intimating comment about either " seriously grossly overweight,"  " morbidly obese,' or having "a very high body mass index..."

You and I have sat down to table together. Will you please tell him the facts....

Perhaps THAT might silence him.

We may regret the arrival of these chain restaurants without saying their food is bad.

The only problem is smoothing and loss of all personality.

Now at the centers of all major cities in the world there are McDonald, KFC and some others whose Hard Rock.

In this district of CM it is difficult to find food other than these fast food.

And in my gourmet eyes it is a regression.

8 minutes ago, happy Joe said:

And in my gourmet eyes it is a regression.

I've told you a million times not to exaggerate.

22 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

You probably haven't noticed this but when ever he replies to a post that I've made, it ALWAYS includes some sort of intimating comment about either " seriously grossly overweight,"  " morbidly obese,' or having "a very high body mass index..."

You and I have sat down to table together. Will you please tell him the facts....

Perhaps THAT might silence him.

Hmmm, you certainly do  appear to have this paranoia happening to make things appear  to apply only to you. 

It is NOT all about you.!

A huge, and ever increasing amount of the world population are in the "overweight, obese, high BMI"  club.

Pray tell,   if I make a comment about people being overweight, obese, high BMI etc because of bad eating habbits,.  why, if you are not in the catagory "overweight, obese, high BMI"  are you so incensed and defensive about it?

Maybe just you trolling/flaming again!

Edited by garryjohns

23 hours ago, Chicog said:

I've told you a million times not to exaggerate.

Well, okay, I have a bit exaggerate on this one.
It is true that there is a few places with a decent traditional cuisine in that area.
But for how long ?

On 8/9/2016 at 6:30 PM, happy Joe said:

We may regret the arrival of these chain restaurants without saying their food is bad.

The only problem is smoothing and loss of all personality.

Now at the centers of all major cities in the world there are McDonald, KFC and some others whose Hard Rock.

Lemon Grass restaurant is a couple steps further down.   At the end of the road is River Market. Suriwong hotel and Princess Hotel also have restaurants.   And then there's the Anusarn area that's full of restaurants of every kind. It may be a relatively spendy area, but difficult to find it's not.

If there is a HRC in CM  hope it's better than the one in Siem Reap.,,Which is pretty dismal...Part of the attraction of the HRC   is the Rock and roll memorabilia. And it seems the smaller tourist venue the more inane rock exhibits.. Vegas, NY, L.A. it's Elvis jumpsuits, Colt.45 ,his guitar, Beatles original hand written music by John, and Paul,, Stones ,1950's and '60's legends ,Motown greats etc..

Siem Reap and other weak tourist destinations ,,a poster of Madonna, Ronnie Dio's guitar pick  and freddie mercry's crotchless panties, nylons and his personal dildo...

The food is usually quality tho and consistent...

3 hours ago, DKNY77 said:

If there is a HRC in CM  hope it's better than the one in Siem Reap.,,Which is pretty dismal...Part of the attraction of the HRC   is the Rock and roll memorabilia. And it seems the smaller tourist venue the more inane rock exhibits.. Vegas, NY, L.A. it's Elvis jumpsuits, Colt.45 ,his guitar, Beatles original hand written music by John, and Paul,, Stones ,1950's and '60's legends ,Motown greats etc..

Siem Reap and other weak tourist destinations ,,a poster of Madonna, Ronnie Dio's guitar pick  and freddie mercry's crotchless panties, nylons and his personal dildo...

The food is usually quality tho and consistent.

Spot on. Recently ate at a HRC and agree that Dukes is far better in all aspects.

On August 11, 2016 at 5:58 PM, DKNY77 said:

The food is usually quality tho and consistent...

Is the one in Siem Reap real or a knock off?  I was there years ago and it was clearly a knock off like the first one in CM.

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

It seems that little town has grown in the last fifteen years. 

If I remember correctly it had two paved roads when I visited.  How many does it have now?

A shyt pot. Its a serious tourist trap out of control. You have more 5 stare hotels than you can count along with 2 PGA sanctioned golf course. The place at times is over ran with tourist. Thailand can only dream, they have nothing to compete with Siem Reap. Saying this if you have never seen Angkor Wat and are in this part of the word it would be a shame not to go. As for me I let the wife give the tours and I stay on Pub Street. At 25 baht for a beer that puts Thai beer to shame. The international restaurants in Siem Reap put the restaurants to shame in Chiang Mai.

Edited by khwaibah

On 8/9/2016 at 11:09 AM, garryjohns said:

The fact that certain, extreme defenders/supporters of the place are seriously grossly overweight warns me off from even considering eating their menu!:D

Interesting... but then he went on to say....

Spot on. Recently ate at a HRC and agree that Dukes is far better in all aspects.

Obviously, both can not be true. So if one is true, then the other is not. Or, neither is true, which is more likely.  One very sad puppy...

Edited by FolkGuitar