Hard Rock Cafe coming to Chiang Mai

Chiengmaijoe

36 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Interesting... but then he went on to say....

Obviously, both can not be true. So if one is true, then the other is not. Or, neither is true, which is more likely.  One very sad puppy...

Wow, oh rotund one, you sure try hard and fail to make a drama out of  my posts. :clap2:

Please do not call me a liar!

I simply did not heed my own warning not to eat there, 

Reason why? I realised well that my svelte self will not suffer the indignity that you suffer, by trying once, the fare offered at HRC. 

Sad puppy?  No way..only one very happy puppy;

One day I would like to be this happy Cute Dogs 2015 - dog pictures cute, dog breeds cute, dog names cute, dog cute gif, dog cute puppy ,dog cute wallpaper, dog cute names male, dog cute costumes

Edited by garryjohns

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, garryjohns said:

Wow, oh rotund one, you sure try hard and fail to make a drama out of  my posts. :clap2:

Well... Normally I wouldn't, but then you go and say something like this yet again,

conclusively proving that you've never seen me. I wear a size 37 waist pants. 5'10 190lbs.  Hardly 'rotund.' I could stand to lose 10lbs, but it's not an issue... for me as much as it seems to be for you.

Right....  :)

Hey, I believe you.  Really. And it just 'happened' in the space of three days... Probably just a coincidence....  :cheesy:

24 minutes ago, garryjohns said:

Well... Normally I wouldn't, but then you go and say something like this yet again,

conclusively proving that you've never seen me. I wear a size 37 waist pants. 5'10 190lbs.  Hardly 'rotund.' I could stand to lose 10lbs, but it's not an issue... for me as much as it seems to be for you.

Right....  :)

Hey, I believe you.  Really. And it just 'happened' in the space of three days... Probably just a coincidence....  :cheesy:

13 hours ago, garryjohns said:

Clearly you don't know a knock off from the real deal.

The Hard Rock Cafe Angkor was established July 22, 2014 according to the HR website.  Thus the one that was there many years ago which I saw was an knock off.  So clearly you are again incorrect with your bs.

13 hours ago, garryjohns said:

Clearly you don't know a knock off from the real deal.

23 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

The Hard Rock Cafe Angkor was established July 22, 2014 according to the HR website.  Thus the one that was there many years ago which I saw was an knock off.  So clearly you are again incorrect with your bs.

ROTFL!  It's rather like listening to the Weather Man... He's always wrong but he never seems to be embarrassed by that fact, nor does it slow him down from being wrong again and again!

For those who appreciate a outstanding dish

Seafood - Crab
Singapore Chilly Crab 1315 THB img_add.gif
Singapore Streamed Crabs With Ginger Slice 1115 THB img_add.gif
Streamed Fresh Crab 1115 THB img_add.gif
Thai Curry Crab 1115 THB img_add.gif

would like to try but B1315 would be on the painful side for me.

john

Mind you probably last for two meals.

• 2 weeks later...

This Hard Rock Cafe is a part of the real Hard Rock chain.  It is being built by part of the Singapore franchise chain that runs the new Samui cafe, several in Singapore and others in Asia so it will have the same Hard Rock menu as other Asian cafes.  The Asian cafes are now doing limited time local menus separate from the regular menu that will change now and then.  There is also an official one being built in Yangon and two more opening in China in Sept or Oct.

Hard Rock Cafe is coming to Chiangmai. This is interesting news. New job opportunities for filipino musicians. It would be amazing if the Thai government would revise the policies on foreign musicians.

Having a diverse international music presence in Chiang Mai would greatly improve clientele and tourism. Music is being smothered, unless your into limited variety of Thai venues.

Hopefully, the Chiang Mai cafe will be more spacious than Bangkok's Hard Rock Cafe.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

9 hours ago, Motown239 said:

Hard Rock Cafe is coming to Chiangmai. This is interesting news. New job opportunities for filipino musicians. It would be amazing if the Thai government would revise the policies on foreign musicians.

Having a diverse international music presence in Chiang Mai would greatly improve clientele and tourism. Music is being smothered, unless your into limited variety of Thai venues.

Hopefully, the Chiang Mai cafe will be more spacious than Bangkok's Hard Rock Cafe.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I've never heard so much nonsense in my life. Chiang Mai has tons of talented musicians and an amazing number of live music venues. It doesn't need bob-a-job foreigners to make that work. 

Pentatonic Rock Bar; three different bands every night of the week. Thai European; not so much the headline acts (though they're OK) but the older guy who opens there is absolutely superb. There are many more. You might want to try looking for them rather than espousing on the lack of talent here - even many of the Thai-focused bars (such as GrandPa's) have bilingual acts with serious talent. More and more they're creating music too not just covering stuff. 

I got dragged to the HRC in Bangkok by a foreign colleague who "can't eat Thai food" though it's first time to visit Thailand. Turns out he wanted to pick up a prostitute, as that location is supposedly known for that. Uncomfortable for me as I know his wife socially. Anyway I decided to indulge in my rare burger, thinking must be so good expensive burger at an American chain. It was the worst and most expensive hamburger I have been served in any country. I hardly touched it and guess what, the waitress asked me if there was a problem with my burger and I told her oh no just not hungry. (Fortunately the guy did not see anything he liked there and we were to move on). Guess what, the charge for my burger was removed without asking! Imagine that happening in other establishments that follow sugarcane in the elephant mouth business philosophy? So it's a professionally managed foreign chain. The Red Lion will still be in business. There are plenty of authentic local food options. If one does not care for the Hard Rock Cafe atmosphere, food or prices they can go elsewhere right? I will steer clear but good luck to them. I think one of the marketing trends HRC's management  may be looking at is  China tourism, while on vacation might enjoy a little taste of USA hype without the travel expense expense and hassle of getting a US tourist visa.

59 minutes ago, Dipterocarp said:

I got dragged to the HRC in Bangkok by a foreign colleague who "can't eat Thai food" though it's first time to visit Thailand. Turns out he wanted to pick up a prostitute, as that location is supposedly known for that. Uncomfortable for me as I know his wife socially. Anyway I decided to indulge in my rare burger, thinking must be so good expensive burger at an American chain. It was the worst and most expensive hamburger I have been served in any country. I hardly touched it and guess what, the waitress asked me if there was a problem with my burger and I told her oh no just not hungry. (Fortunately the guy did not see anything he liked there and we were to move on). Guess what, the charge for my burger was removed without asking! Imagine that happening in other establishments that follow sugarcane in the elephant mouth business philosophy? So it's a professionally managed foreign chain. The Red Lion will still be in business. There are plenty of authentic local food options. If one does not care for the Hard Rock Cafe atmosphere, food or prices they can go elsewhere right? I will steer clear but good luck to them. I think one of the marketing trends HRC's management  may be looking at is  China tourism, while on vacation might enjoy a little taste of USA hype without the travel expense expense and hassle of getting a US tourist visa.

The Red Lion also has a policy of not charging for food that the customer doesn't like, although I don't know that they wouldn't charge if the customer said they are full.

4 hours ago, stament said:

is there an opening date? I saw some stuff on ebay for sale already with cm hr cafe lol!

They seem to be gutting the place and although I initially heard of an opening date of November, the latest word of it being another 3 months sounds more realistic.

Can someone get some pictures of the location and progress?  It is slated for opening in November but the Samui cafe was 4 months behind by the time they finished it.  So time will only tell if they get it done anywhere close to on time.

10 hours ago, Chiengmaijoe said:

They seem to be gutting the place and although I initially heard of an opening date of November, the latest word of it being another 3 months sounds more realistic.

So November still then ;-)

1 hour ago, stament said:

So November still then ;-)

Yeah, I do notice differences in construction speed and professionalism.  Likely when you and I do a renovation of something it ends up taking three times as long.  But if undertaken by a quality contractor then they can go at world class speeds.

For example: that serviced apartment / condominium building across from Anantara (the old The Chedi) on Charoen Prathet Road.  No time was wasted there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Read a few reports on tripadvisor, someone commented that you can't buy any merchandise there such as t-shirts, glasses, etc. Is that true? I would have thought there would be a lot of fake t-shirts being sold around CM too but I haven't seen anyone with a t-shirt yet.

37 minutes ago, stament said:

Read a few reports on tripadvisor, someone commented that you can't buy any merchandise there such as t-shirts, glasses, etc. Is that true?

nahhh

the hard rock shop is across the road in what looks like a glass shipping container :)

dave2

hard rok cafe shop 18 dec 16 20161218_142134.jpg