Thailand Elite Card is pleased to announce the release of four new membership programs

2 hours ago, newatthis said:

Ok, a little bit of topic. I go next Friday 9th. Coming from Ayutthaya, I get the van to Mo Chit BTS. How do I get to chaengwattana from there?

You should look at this map. http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

Perhaps ask the van to stop at Laksi and take a taxi or motor bike taxi from there.

An idea,

Since TE obviously are looking for new (many new) customers especially after the newly introduced membership options and a heavily increased social media presence, another thing I would like to see TE introduce is a referral program.

I know from experience that involving your current customers in activities that will benefit them or help influence the offers available or suggestions for improvements will give them a sense of belonging.

Anyhow, my credit card company is constantly running referral programs and last time I managed to refer 5 new customers which granted me a trip to Japan.

My point is that TE would definitely benefit from this in my opinion. Even tho many TE customers will be in different economic situations, one must assume that they have quite ok with money and probably have friends/contacts with equal amounts of money and therefore potential customers.

I almost think that we as customers can "market" TE better than they can themselves since many I've talked to, who's been in Thailand for a long time have never heard of it.

What one would get for referring a customer or 5 is another question but.

What do you guys say? I'm a getting too involved? Haha.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2017 at 4:52 PM, jankan88 said:

Haha mine too :D But not after giving them a push this morning :)

Confirmed to go to chaengwattana next week as well but I wont rest until I get that stamp :)

Morning jankan88. Have you been to Chaengwattana  yet? If so, did you just take  your passport or were other papers required?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Morning jankan88. Have you been to Chaengwattana  yet? If so, did you just take  your passport or were other papers required?

Thanks

Good morning. Getting ready to leave soon. Have appointment at 10am.

They only said I needed to bring passport and TM6 but I bet, when I get there they will ask where is my this and that. Classic :)

I will tell about the whole process once I get back home.

3 minutes ago, jankan88 said:

Good morning. Getting ready to leave soon. Have appointment at 10am.

They only said I needed to bring passport and TM6 but I bet, when I get there they will ask where is my this and that. Classic :)

:clap2:Thanks cobber. I go on Friday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jankan88 said:

The whole thing went smooth. Two TE staff members came. Had about 10 welcome packages so it definitely seems like they are getting good amount of new members which is positive. Got to wait in the mail hall. Didn't see an immigration officer. Took about 1 hour. Got back the passport with the visa sticker and a stamp for 1 year.

Feels damn good at this point.

Good Luck to all of you who are still in the application process.

Thanks for that jankan88. I go on Friday.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jankan88 said:

The whole thing went smooth. Two TE staff members came. Had about 10 welcome packages so it definitely seems like they are getting good amount of new members which is positive. Got to wait in the mail hall. Didn't see an immigration officer. Took about 1 hour. Got back the passport with the visa sticker and a stamp for 1 year.

Hmm, I wonder who their main client base is.

On 6/7/2017 at 0:48 PM, jankan88 said:

Got it finished on Friday. Same as you, jankan88, about an hour.

I only thing I'm not sure about is the young lady said "You can do your 90 day report in Ayutthaya."

But I think that is incorrect. My 90 reporting should now be done at Chaengwattana, shouldn't it?

Could somebody clarify this for me, please?

40 minutes ago, newatthis said:

I only thing I'm not sure about is the young lady said "You can do your 90 day report in Ayutthaya."

But I think that is incorrect. My 90 reporting should now be done at Chaengwattana, shouldn't it?

If you are living in Ayutthaya that is where you should do your 90 day reporting.

Getting your visa at Chaeng Wattana does not mean you have to do your reports to there.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are living in Ayutthaya that is where you should do your 90 day reporting.

Getting your visa at Chaeng Wattana does not mean you have to do your reports to there.

Thank you, Ubonjoe.

For some unknown reason, I thought that you did your 90 day report where you got your Visa. I just remember some fellow teachers having to go to Chaeng Wattana every 90 days last year for their reports because they still operated on a work permit and extension issued in Bangkok.

Thanks for clearing that up.

41 minutes ago, newatthis said:

For some unknown reason, I thought that you did your 90 day report where you got your Visa.

If on an extension of stay you do have to report to the office where you got your extension. But for a PE visa that is not correct.

On 8/2/2016 at 8:32 PM, elviajero said:
  • 90 day reporting is still required.
  • They will do the 90 day report for you, but I believe you need to deliver/collect the passport from their office.

but anyone can do it online themselves

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If on an extension of stay you do have to report to the office where you got your extension. But for a PE visa that is not correct.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, ubonjoe

I believe I read it somewhere in this thread but now I can't find it so I'll ask again.

Since TE basically is a tourist visa, do we qualify for VAT refund at the airport? If so, for how long after the purchase can you wait to fly out (collect the VAT) and still be eligible for the refund?

4 minutes ago, jankan88 said:

yeah, I just had to drive about 500 kms this morning to do a visa run myself. on a motorbike (not the big kind)

left at 4am, was back at 1pm. almost got run over by some huge truck. I am planning on getting TE visa in January or so and won't miss driving to the border, I can tell you that!

Edited by kekalot
  • Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 3:26 PM, scubascuba3 said:

So for the 20 year Elite Superiority Extension, its 1m baht total? No annual fees?

How much would the annual visa/ 5 year renewal cost?

Well, there are no annual fees to the Elite Visa folks, but there is still the 1900 baht Visa extension fee you pay to immigration

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Well, there are no annual fees to the Elite Visa folks, but there is still the 1900 baht Visa extension fee you pay to immigration

Wrong again. The extension is only needed if you don't leave the country for a year to get a new one year entry. No fee to do the new one year entry.

On 2017-6-12 at 5:21 PM, jankan88 said:

I believe I read it somewhere in this thread but now I can't find it so I'll ask again.

Since TE basically is a tourist visa, do we qualify for VAT refund at the airport? If so, for how long after the purchase can you wait to fly out (collect the VAT) and still be eligible for the refund?

This maybe correct, although technically, regardless of the visa type, if you are resident in Thailand for longer than 183 days in a calendar year, then you are deemed tax resident, so therefore would be treated as a Thai in the case of VAT refunds, however this may not be strictly applied by the VAT refund folks at the airports, not sure it is worth it though, unless you purchase something of a high value.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Wrong again. The extension is only needed if you don't leave the country for a year to get a new one year entry. No fee to do the new one year entry.

oh, Thanks.  So if I walk across the border to a neighboring country and then back to Thailand, no fee at the Thai entry. But of course one has to pay to get into the neighboring country.  Fair enough.  So no way to get the extension without paying somebody.  But do you get the 1 year extension any time you leave, or does the exit and entry need to be within, say 30 days of each year period ending?

Edited by gk10002000
elaboration

3 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

oh, Thanks.  So if I walk across the border to a neighboring country and then back to Thailand, no fee at the Thai entry. But of course one has to pay to get into the neighboring country.  Fair enough.  So no way to get the extension without paying somebody.  But do you get the 1 year extension any time you leave, or does the exit and entry need to be within, say 30 days of each year period ending?

The extension can only be applied for at immigration. Getting a new one year entry is not an extension.

I would guess that many people would be traveling during the year and getting a new one year entry every time they enter the country.

If a person had stayed for almost a year they could leave and re-enter the country on the last day of their one year permit to stay to get a new one entry it they wanted to.

• Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The extension can only be applied for at immigration. Getting a new one year entry is not an extension.

I would guess that many people would be traveling during the year and getting a new one year entry every time they enter the country.

If a person had stayed for almost a year they could leave and re-enter the country on the last day of their one year permit to stay to get a new one entry it they wanted to.

Oh, so every time they cross back into Thailand they get a one year permit from that date?