Thailand Elite Card is pleased to announce the release of four new membership programs

2 hours ago, jankan88 said:

Entering business day 5 now, hoping to hear from them today but I dont expect it. Took me two days and three phone calls just to get the application form sent to my email and another two days for them to acknowledge that they had received the application. To be honest, not the elite experience I hoped for...

Yeah, they haven´t responded to 2 follow-up emails I sent them last week (regarding other topics than the current approval process). Given that they claim to be available 24/7 that´s not very convincing but then again, once I have the visa in my pp I won´t care.....

36 minutes ago, DUS said:

Yeah, they haven´t responded to 2 follow-up emails I sent them last week (regarding other topics than the current approval process). Given that they claim to be available 24/7 that´s not very convincing but then again, once I have the visa in my pp I won´t care.....

1 hour ago, Robert24 said:

Received the card at Suvarnabhumi airport together with the Welcome package and visa stamp. It all went very fast. Haven't even seen an immigration officer. It was all done by staff from Thailand Elite.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Keep posting on this. We will be going down the TE route and as has been mentioned, their website can be confusing as to the procedures.

Your reports are a blessing as they clear up a lot of things. 

Just a few minutes ago I received their emails including the "Welcome Letter".  Will make the money transfer tomorrow and then head over to CW sometime next month....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert24 said:

Received the card at Suvarnabhumi airport together with the Welcome package and visa stamp. It all went very fast. Haven't even seen an immigration officer. It was all done by staff from Thailand Elite.

So is that standard practice to receive the card / welcome package when you go to actually affix the visa?   I think some people were expecting it to be EMS-ed to them (within Thailand) or perhaps fedexed to them if they are still outside thailand.

Would make sense to provide something temporary via email and then you get the full card when you arrive the first time.

I think I am asking too much but here goes.

When someone has gone down the full route of applying for and getting TE membership in the UK and then having the visa issued in Thailand, could they (please) list in chronological order the procedures as applied to them.

It just saves so much time to see what really has to be done as opposed to repeating the guesswork.

Many thanks for this excellent thread.

5 minutes ago, Flustered said:

When someone has gone down the full route of applying for and getting TE membership in the UK and then having the visa issued in Thailand, could they (please) list in chronological order the procedures as applied to them.

It just saves so much time to see what really has to be done as opposed to repeating the guesswork.

I hope that somebody will reply to your request, mind you, in what way do you think it would be any different to when you apply from the US, anywhere in the world or from within Thailand? The process is always the same!?

As I recall it, I went through the following steps:
- sent email showing interest to join programme
- TE sent application form by email requesting it to be completed and returned with copy passport and digital photo (selfie)
- I returned this application form signed + copy pp and selfie from me
- TE will then ask Immigration to approve you (takes 5 working days)
- TE informed me that immigration approved my request to join TE
- TE sends me payment instructions
- I make payment
- TE confirms receipt of payment
- I tell them when I arrive at BKk
- upon arrival at Suvarnabhumi they gave me the Visa + welcome package etc.

Hope this helps. Pretty straight forward.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DUS said:

I hope that somebody will reply to your request, mind you, in what way do you think it would be any different to when you apply from the US, anywhere in the world or from within Thailand? The process is always the same!?

I hope it is and everyone can use the info.

Looking at the posts so far, there has been a lot of confusion as to what the TE people want to see and the questions they ask.

16 minutes ago, Robert24 said:

As I recall it, I went through the following steps:
- sent email showing interest to join programme
- TE sent application form by email requesting it to be completed and returned with copy passport and digital photo (selfie)
- I returned this application form signed + copy pp and selfie from me
- TE will then ask Immigration to approve you (takes 5 working days)
- TE informed me that immigration approved my request to join TE
- TE sends me payment instructions
- I make payment
- TE confirms receipt of payment
- I tell them when I arrive at BKk
- upon arrival at Suvarnabhumi they gave me the Visa + welcome package etc.

Hope this helps. Pretty straight forward.

Thanks, really useful information.

This is their reply for the delay of the membership card

Greetings from Thailand Elite Sales Department. It is good to hear from you again.

"Regarding your membership card, please be informed that it is currently in the issuance process. Due to the internal system changes and development, all members will receive the new membership cards along with the new ID number, thus, it could take some time until your card is ready, hopefully within next month or sooner. However, while waiting for the card, you can use the membership certification letter given to you (a letter with your picture at the bottom) as a temporary member ID when using any services provided. You will be notified once your card is ready."

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thaifoodruns said:

How long does it take to receive your membership card? I've been waiting almost 2 months

This is their email reply "Please be informed that your new membership card is still in the production process.

We will inform you again once your new card is ready to deliver."

Did everyone recieve theirs within 5 weeks?

they told me that they are doing new cards and it will take a while but with the invitation letter you get all the benefits. I had no issues so far without the card. Apparently they will inform you by email when it will be ready and ask for your correspondence address. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Why doesn't the government run the Thai Elite? Personally I'd feel better dealing with Immigration getting the visa than some obscure company and sending emails.

Because then any income would go to the "Government" and not to a private company.........555

TIT

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Why doesn't the government run the Thai Elite? Personally I'd feel better dealing with Immigration getting the visa than some obscure company and sending emails.

It is indirectly run by the government since it is owned by them. Immigration issues the PE visa and I assume Thai Elite pays them for it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The membership is for 10 years. The PE visa is valid for 5 years. When the first one ends you get another one without paying any additional fees.

thanks UBJ: THEY should have explained this in the very few details they provided in their marketing

It is indirectly run by the government since it is owned by them. Immigration issues the PE visa and I assume Thai Elite pays them for it.

Ok, if it was just the MFA or branch/department of or immigration you needed to deal with I'd feel more confident about it, but maybe that's just me, and doesn't put anyone else off. Although this talk of big losses should be irrelevant if government backed..

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Ok, if it was just the MFA or branch/department of or immigration you needed to deal with I'd feel more confident about it, but maybe that's just me, and doesn't put anyone else off. Although this talk of big losses should be irrelevant if government backed..

You really make me laugh with all your repeated efforts to seed doubts etc. And I don´t mean that in a negative way. You *genuinely* make me laugh whenever you post about TE. But nothing wrong with that, of course. :-)

You really make me laugh with all your repeated efforts to seed doubts etc. And I don´t mean that in a negative way. You *genuinely* make me laugh whenever you post about TE. But nothing wrong with that, of course. :-)

The TE guys are ultra sensitive about any criticism for some reason. I may buy one day, but for the foreseeable future I'm just following how it goes. Glad i made you laugh :)
  • Like 1

I don't have any privileges though because I have the superiority extension 20 yr option. So for me the membership card is not necessary?

I'm the same, I assume only to obtain a multi currency account you would really need it, but then I think the welcome letter with your picture should do in the mean time, adter a few years when you start apply for other services (if any) it always good to have card, the welcome letter will be well old by then.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, DUS said:

Well, the process seems to be much slower these days. Let's put a positive spin on this: there are delays due to a sudden and huge surge in demand for TE membership. ;-))

Best joke I have read on TV for a while 

10 minutes ago, paul18620 said:

Best joke I have read on TV for a while 

I am positively surprised that even you understood the joke! Well done, m8! :-))

10 hours ago, DUS said:

Made the money transfer at 11am this morning and have just received confirmation that they´ve received the money and will now set up the account etc. Well, at least THAT was quick. ;-))

I also just joined up.

Got my "Welcome Letter" with ID Number today.

However the links to the download page for the "Form30" does not work for me.

http://www.thailandelite.com/downloadable_form_file/downloadable_form_file30.pdf

I remember that I could reach the Download section a few days earlier.

Well I guess i will have to ask them to send me a Copy then.

Also I noticed that you can Login at the http://www.thailandelite.com/#/ page.

Does anyone know how to get a Username and password?

Is it just your name and the ID number?

16 hours ago, DUS said:

Made the money transfer at 11am this morning and have just received confirmation that they´ve received the money and will now set up the account etc. Well, at least THAT was quick. ;-))

Service was very slow. Emailed application [and receipted] on 9 May. Flew to Oz on 14 May with two week plan to fly home. Approval did not happen until 23 May. Payment made and received through Bahtsmart. Sadly Welcome letter will not come until late next week. Fly back to Thailand on 29 May, so now I have to meet them at Chaengwattana Immigration Office in Bangkok.

I wanted to complete it at the airport on arrival and not have to go into Bangkok later. Oh well....plans of mice and men etc etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Service was very slow. Emailed application [and receipted] on 9 May. Flew to Oz on 14 May with two week plan to fly home. Approval did not happen until 23 May. Payment made and received through Bahtsmart. Sadly Welcome letter will not come until late next week. Fly back to Thailand on 29 May, so now I have to meet them at Chaengwattana Immigration Office in Bangkok.

I wanted to complete it at the airport on arrival and not have to go into Bangkok later. Oh well....plans of mice and men etc etc.

Okey so for both you and DUS, the immigration check seemed to take about 2 weeks. If thats the case for me as well (information sent to immigration on May 17) then it will be a bit tight with time since my visa expire on June 7 but if as you guys says, the payment process is quick then I might still make it :)

22 hours ago, DUS said:

12 hours ago, Tom9999 said:

I also just joined up.

Got my "Welcome Letter" with ID Number today.

However the links to the download page for the "Form30" does not work for me.

http://www.thailandelite.com/downloadable_form_file/downloadable_form_file30.pdf

I remember that I could reach the Download section a few days earlier.

Well I guess i will have to ask them to send me a Copy then.

Also I noticed that you can Login at the http://www.thailandelite.com/#/ page.

Does anyone know how to get a Username and password?

Is it just your name and the ID number?

6 hours ago, newatthis said:

and others....

Does the TE membership start date happen on date payment is approved, or when you first go to receive the member card / TE visa in passport?   There could be a gap in between of several weeks.

Would be great if it starts from date you receive passport.

I was told that the actual membership starts on the day they set the account up and send you the welcome letter. The 5 year visa on the other hand supposedly starts when you afix the visa into your pp....

• Like 1