Yingluck says No to draft charter

webfact

On 8/2/2016 at 2:40 PM, Eric Loh said:

I think PT will win again. Really no competent competitors and also voters always have a way to get back at the establishment and the military. Always happened after a coup. Don't get too emotional if that happen and for your sake, keep away from high buildings. 

I am certain that the Democrats under Abhisit and the current party management probably stand an outside chance of winning but this could be improved if the next Thaksin party is removed or curtailed in some way.However I don't think that the PTP or Thaksin are as popular as they were before.

There doesn't seem to be any white knights or honest politicians around in Thailand at the moment.

While on the surface Thailand seems fairly calm there is something bubbling under there and you can't keep everybody down any more. Stamp out something here and 2 more will pop up somewhere else.

My best guess is the the current PM will not let go of the power just yet until a long expected event happens. When it does what follows may be a naked power grab by any of 3 or 4 different groups both openly and behind the scenes.

If that happens our best bet as farangs would be to batten down the hatches and make ourselves as small as possible until it is over.

This is purely my own thought and you can pay as much or as little attention to it as you wish.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I am certain that the Democrats under Abhisit and the current party management probably stand an outside chance of winning but this could be improved if the next Thaksin party is removed or curtailed in some way.However I don't think that the PTP or Thaksin are as popular as they were before.

There doesn't seem to be any white knights or honest politicians around in Thailand at the moment.

While on the surface Thailand seems fairly calm there is something bubbling under there and you can't keep everybody down any more. Stamp out something here and 2 more will pop up somewhere else.

My best guess is the the current PM will not let go of the power just yet until a long expected event happens. When it does what follows may be a naked power grab by any of 3 or 4 different groups both openly and behind the scenes.

If that happens our best bet as farangs would be to batten down the hatches and make ourselves as small as possible until it is over.

This is purely my own thought and you can pay as much or as little attention to it as you wish.

So, you are certain the Democrats can win and you are not sure if PTP remains as popular as they were....

Looks to me as though someones underlying fascist prejudices are clouding their judgement.

Junta lovers............gotta love em eh?

6 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

So, you are certain the Democrats can win and you are not sure if PTP remains as popular as they were....

Looks to me as though someones underlying fascist prejudices are clouding their judgement.

In Bild's defense, he said that he is certain the Democrats stand an OUTSIDE CHANCE of winning. That is not the same as saying that they will certainly win.

2 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

Thank you for so kindly explaining my thoughts to me but as usual you are wrong.

Try reading my post slowly and apply comprehension to what I wrote.

Do you have any idea what fascism means and is all about?

Just now, Gweiloman said:

In Bild's defense, he said that he is certain the Democrats stand an OUTSIDE CHANCE of winning. That is not the same as saying that they will certainly win.

Nobody has claimed that he said the Democrats are certain to win.

"Can" win, not "certain" to win - read AND comprehend before typing my friend.

Either way the point remains the same, his more positive opinion of the Democrats electoral chances and his more pessimistic opinion of PTPs electoral chances are based entirely on his own wishful thinking which is in turn driven by his underlying denial of democracy (and decency) which itself is probably based on his own sense of failure.

If the man's a yank, he's a certain Trump voter. 

5 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

Either way the point remains the same, his more positive opinion of the Democrats electoral chances and his more pessimistic opinion of PTPs electoral chances are based entirely on his own wishful thinking which is in turn driven by his underlying denial of democracy (and decency) which itself is probably based on his own sense of failure.

Can and certain to are not the same thing at all.

Will you STOP putting YOUR thoughts and ideas into my mouth and post.

You have not the faintest idea of who I am, what my thoughts are and you can't even get my nationality correct.

Live your own life and leave mine alone.

4 hours ago, Smarter Than You said:

She seems to have enough political understanding to know a dud charter when she sees one.

This is certainly more that can be said for a significantly shrinking number who actively post on these boards.

She understand only what his brother dictate her

22 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Can and certain to are not the same thing at all.

Will you STOP putting YOUR thoughts and ideas into my mouth and post.

You have not the faintest idea of who I am, what my thoughts are and you can't even get my nationality correct.

Live your own life and leave mine alone.

"Can and certain to are not the same thing at all" - my point exactly, it seems we both agree Gweilomans post was a bit silly.

I never stated what your nationality is. 

Read AND comprehend my friend.

IF the man is a Yank, he's a certain Trump voter.

21 hours ago, Smarter Than You said:

:coffee1:

On 02/08/2016 at 6:24 PM, daftdada said:

agreed. as they're saying in the U.S. about Hillary... LOCK HER UP.

Deep down, everybody who were around at the time, know that Thailand was a good place to be and that the country was on the up, under Thaksin.  But sadly things started to go downhill fast when the illegal Democrat govt took over , and has gone that way ever since. When i first came here the future was bright, but now it is only heading for bankrup and only a new Thaksin govt will save it . Of course the politicians were and always have been corrupt this is Thailand. Trouble is that Democrats never give anything back, with them and their military bosses it is ALL take .

On 8/2/2016 at 1:53 PM, sweatalot said:

this greedy family clan voice and utterly incompetent politician should just shut up

and her gang should never be in government again

Well Yingluck, the people have voted YES to both questions in a democratic referendum so you are clearly out of touch with the people.

I think that it is great news that politicians powers will be diluted as they are their to enrich themselves and they cannot be trusted.

Only the East seems to have expressed disagreement to the charter - even the North (including Chiang Mai) voted YES to BOTH questions and have accepted the charter as well as the appointment of (an appointed senate) rich in  military appointed members no doubt to watch over them and to curb the activities of those with crooked intentions.

23 minutes ago, Rayk said:

Som nam na Thai people. Welcome to the next 20 years of Military rule.

If the forelock tuggers wish to revert to type, that is their choice which I respect. Just don't bother attempting to tap me up for a few quid because 'Thai poor not like you' or other assorted nonsense. I'm done. Seek redress from your new constitution and Good People.

On 2016-08-02 at 9:02 AM, seajae said:

what a laugh, she expects people to believe she understands it, any word with more than 3 letters in it is too much for her to understand let alone read. Big brother has told her what to do as per usual, he pulls all her strings while she dances for him

The Sara Palin of Asia.

34 minutes ago, baboon said:

If the forelock tuggers wish to revert to type, that is their choice which I respect. Just don't bother attempting to tap me up for a few quid because 'Thai poor not like you' or other assorted nonsense. I'm done. Seek redress from your new constitution and Good People.

Yes the people have voted, maybe they were bored sick with corrupt politicians and violence on the street and decided this was the safe option. 

One thing is for sure.. there will be an election now and the next government will have less chance to be corrupt.  ( i dont like that the military stays in control.. but if it keeps the politicians honest and the violence from the street im happy)

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes the people have voted, maybe they were bored sick with corrupt politicians and violence on the street and decided this was the safe option. 

One thing is for sure.. there will be an election now and the next government will have less chance to be corrupt.  ( i dont like that the military stays in control.. but if it keeps the politicians honest and the violence from the street im happy)

Enjoy the win. No argument or accusations of foul play from me. If this is what they want, let them have it.

57 minutes ago, djjamie said:

Good to see her flex her democratic voice by voting at all. Well done. If only she showed this spirit of democracy after she won the election she would not be voting for any referendum now. How ironic. 

57 minutes ago, djjamie said:

Good to see her flex her democratic voice by voting at all. Well done. If only she showed this spirit of democracy after she won the election she would not be voting for any referendum now. How ironic. 

So according to you dissolving assembly and organising new election was not behaving according to the "spirit of democracy"? What is a democratic behaviour according to you? Oh yes, I know, like blocking election and preventing people to vote. Or organising a referendum for which only the "yes" proponents are allowed to campaign. That's more your "spirit of democracy" style!

8 hours ago, baboon said:

Enjoy the win. No argument or accusations of foul play from me. If this is what they want, let them have it.

Not enjoying all parts, its just a lesser evil. I have explained that before. But just like you said.. we will have to see on the corruption part. Maybe they will make sure politicians can't be corrupt and as the army will be out of power  (for a large part) they wont be in a position over the whole budget. Its a small win.

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Not enjoying all parts, its just a lesser evil. I have explained that before. But just like you said.. we will have to see on the corruption part. Maybe they will make sure politicians can't be corrupt and as the army will be out of power  (for a large part) they wont be in a position over the whole budget. Its a small win.

Perhaps it can be likened to the curates egg.

A "curate's egg" describes something that is mostly or partly bad, but partly good.

On 2016-08-04 at 8:44 AM, billd766 said:

My best guess is the the current PM will not let go of the power just yet until a long expected event happens.

You hit the nail.

11 hours ago, djjamie said:

She and PTP would still be in power if she did.