I'm In The Dog House

GuestHouse

Ta22.

Firstly there is an amount of observation of Thai culture in my post.

Secondly, if you know, please tell me, where can I buy a rice cooker in Rome?

are you still in rome guesthouse.?

i thought you were back in los.

get down to the asian supermarket mate and just buy a new blighter as the trouble and strife will love you for it.

cheers :o

Another frivolous, nonsense post.

with more insight into Thai culture than the rest of you can usually manage......

What's this got to do with Thai culture? Some women I know are fussy and would be upset about this incident. Others I know, would not make any fuss about it at all. It all depends on the personality of the woman, not the culture. Give me a break.

lighten up a bit will you mate. :D

guesthouse is usually as serious as an undertaker. :D

this is the first time he's having some fun and you want to spoil it for guesthouse.

cricky's mate,

do yourself a favour and off you go for a nice sleep. :o:D

:o:D:D

Haven't been to Rome but it must surely have a Chinatown ?

yeah, because we all look alike :-) 5555555555555555555

Actually, smart move; Chinatown; Little Tokyo, the fashionable meat packing district, Korea town; all may have rice cookers potentially. (and obviously you said nothing about looking alike, but it is a funny thing to say).

Poetry eye?

There once was a Guesthouse from Venice

Who treated rice cookers like Dennis the Menace

A doghouse he did make

But sleeping with Gina Lollabrigida took the cake

So his wife just chopped of his Penice.

or how about haiku

the rice cooker is

broken you will not get to

use bukhum noi naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahn

with more insight into Thai culture than the rest of you can usually manage......

What's this got to do with Thai culture? Some women I know are fussy and would be upset about this incident. Others I know, would not make any fuss about it at all. It all depends on the personality of the woman, not the culture. Give me a break.

zzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Hook

Line

and Sinker.

Secondly, if you know, please tell me, where can I buy a rice cooker in Rome?

I'd start off looking / asking in those Asian shops round behind Termini station, Piazza Vittorio Emanuele area.

Does your missus go to the monthly Thai get together in Eur? Good way to keep her occupied for a day :o

I'm saved!

One of our Thai staff has just told me, confirming what Crossy says, there's a store just off Piazza Vittorio Emanuele that stocks rice cookers - I'll be making a detour on the way home.

I'm pleased to see that some can see the humour in my post, sadly other's can't - oh well.

Why are you on this site if you are in Rome? Do you really think anyone here will know where to buy a rice cooker?

I'd recommend a Italian expat forum.

Firstly, Crossy certainly knew where to get a rice cooker in Rome, thanks again Crossy. If there is anything in the rules that says I can't come on this site because I'm in Rome let me know and I'll withdraw my membership. Meanwhile, observe, I'm discussing something relating to relationships with Thais... some have enjoyed it the discussion.

I believe life overseas with a Thai wife is a topic worth discussing.

Seriously, how does your wife get on in Rome? We lived there 20 odd years ago and it was one of the most racist places I have encountered outside the far east?

I can’t say that we’ve encountered any ill feeling here, quite the opposite. We’ll be very sad to leave Rome, it is a fabulous place to live.

Crossy, yes we do occasionally get along to the gathering at Eur and we have met a few new friends over there, it is quite a sociable event. We also go out to the Buddhist Temple outside of Rome (I’ll post some photos later in the week).

The Thai community in Rome is quite small, and quite a lot older than we’ve come across elsewhere, remarkably few young people. One of the Thai women working for the UN (World Food Program) took my wife along to join the International Ladies Club here in Rome which is where she has met most of her Thai friends – and I might add, been introduced to the very best of what Rome has to offer.

Living overseas with a Thai wife is not always easy, but we have been fortunate to find it an immensely rewarding experience.

Now I wonder, how does one discard a broken rice cooker – Take it and leave it under a tree at the temple perhaps?!

Edited by GuestHouse

You rich folks will get no sympathy from me. I don't have a table to set a rice cooker on, so it and me have to sit on the floor--difficult to break it down here where us poor folks live!

You're lucky; I keep my rice cooker in a hole in the road. Every morning I have to wake up at 3 o'clock to rub it until it gets warm.... :o

You rich folks will get no sympathy from me. I don't have a table to set a rice cooker on, so it and me have to sit on the floor--difficult to break it down here where us poor folks live!

You're lucky; I keep my rice cooker in a hole in the road. Every morning I have to wake up at 3 o'clock to rub it until it gets warm.... :o

you're not from yorkshire originally are you?

if you have to get a new rice cooker, pay a little more and get a cooker jar type that has a completely plastic exterior and an integral hinged lid. If possible look for a model with a 3 pin plug and earth connection. I have seen 2 cases of electrocution from the cheap models, one resulted in the death of a neighbours child, and the other resulted in a singed missus who promptly blamed me because electricity was a flang thing

Alway pull the plug on a rice cooker before handling it

Long live the frivolous and nonsense post!

Seconded!! :D

You're lucky; I keep my rice cooker in a hole in the road. Every morning I have to wake up at 3 o'clock to rub it until it gets warm.... :D

Are your not confusing your machine with your er... machine :o:D ??

GH, glad to hear it! Look forward to seeing pictures and specs of the new...

...Mia Noi, when you get her! :D