Yingluck pleads for moral support when she appears in court on Friday

webfact

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Not hard for most Westerners to spot a troll, plant or someone who seems to spew propaganda!

Ps - did you miss the bit that she was removed by a court for 

Edited by dhream
Error reply to wrong post

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Alive said:

I won't deny the stories you have posted. There were people that had problems obviously but the vast majority got paid and never complained or were against Yingluck. The protestors in BKK were BBK people mostly and people form the south, many rubber farmers who Prayuth paid off with subsidies once he got into office.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/learning-news/754372/help-for-farmers-rubber-13-billion-baht-rice-us-1-billion

I think you'll find that the rice-farmers protesting, in the links I supplied, were mainly from the North.

You're perhaps confusing their protests such as blocking roads in northern provinces, with rubber farmers & other southerners who joined Suthep's people, up in Bangkok.  But they're clearly two different groups.

The clues are in  " farmers will block roads in northern provinces to add pressure on the government to make payments for the rice it bought ",  " Earlier this week farmers in a northern province blockaded two highways, angered by a two-month delay in payments",  and " We will not put up with this any longer," said Kittisak Ratanawarahal, president of the Network for Northern Farmers. "We will seize government rice warehouses around the country so that the government can't swindle us anymore."  from the first two links which I supplied.

17 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

I think you'll find that the rice-farmers protesting, in the links I supplied, were mainly from the North.

You're perhaps confusing their protests such as blocking roads in northern provinces, with rubber farmers & other southerners who joined Suthep's people, up in Bangkok.  But they're clearly two different groups.

The clues are in  " farmers will block roads in northern provinces to add pressure on the government to make payments for the rice it bought ",  " Earlier this week farmers in a northern province blockaded two highways, angered by a two-month delay in payments",  and " We will not put up with this any longer," said Kittisak Ratanawarahal, president of the Network for Northern Farmers. "We will seize government rice warehouses around the country so that the government can't swindle us anymore."  from the first two links which I supplied.

There weren't massive protests by farmers against Yingluck's government. There obviously were some people who were upset. The links you sent also said farmers were paid in February except for the Sept 2013 group which had some problems. In Feb, the govt got a loan from the government savings bank from what I read on a different post. I also found this about the finance officers. I'd like to know if her government was or wasn't violating any laws by requesting funds.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/retired-present-senior-finance-officials-join-anti-government-protest/

Also notice in the timeline that Suthep's fanatics were protesting because of the amnesty bill in October. The rice issue wasn't their initial or core reason for their push to oust her administration. I remember at that time hearing of officials refusing her government's requests by holding back funds in late 2013. I say it as quite political. They were supposed to be doing their jobs but were using their offices for political action. The article says they joined the PDRC on stage too; that says something.

Anyways, Yingluck has some responsibility in this but I don't believe in this idiotic charge they are pushing for is in anyway fair. It's just more abuse by the unelected military regime in power. They are out to abuse her family from what I see. And they certainly know how to abuse families.

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

So you believe that she's totally innocent then? That not bothering to turn up to any meetings she appointed herself to chair, not ensuring warnings and issued raised were properly investigated with transparency, refusing to present any financial accounts, and actually persecuting and threatening those internally who raised questions was all good sound management and leadership?

Selective prosecutions maybe. Witch hunt, no way.

More like abusive prosecution by an unelected military regime. She has some responsibility for sure. I truly doubt the grand leader now is attending all the meetings he signed up for for all the endless projects he has wasted money on. If she's wrong for that, beware it's happening right now. It seems to be Thainess from what i know about this nation. I am not letting her off; I'm just saying why does she have to take the blame for Thai culture.

If there is any one campaign/issue/witch-hunt that will be the downfall of Mr Prayuth, I think this might be it, more so even than a fake referendum. He seems determined to bury his head and shoulders in a hornet's nest. Not the smartest thing to do methinks, unless he's hoping she'll run for it, which I don't think she will do. The force is strong in this one...

31 minutes ago, Alive said:

More like abusive prosecution by an unelected military regime. She has some responsibility for sure. I truly doubt the grand leader now is attending all the meetings he signed up for for all the endless projects he has wasted money on. If she's wrong for that, beware it's happening right now. It seems to be Thainess from what i know about this nation. I am not letting her off; I'm just saying why does she have to take the blame for Thai culture.

Just as her brother has been made the scapegoat for the entire culture of corruption, bribery, nepotism, cronyism, ...

The people pursuing them are simply jealous hypocrites.

If ya can't beat them, overthrow with tanks & jail them!

23 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Not hard for most Westerners to spot a troll, plant or someone who seems to spew propaganda!

Ps - did you miss the bit that she was removed by a court for an abuse of power. Still, seems a family trait.

Well said, three times...