90 Day Reporting from Hospital

I have a friend who is currently very ill in hospital in CM and his 90 day report is due in a few days. I understand that Immigration require people to attend in person to make this report, but is there any provisions for me to do this for him given the circumstances? Your help will be much appreciated by both him and me. Thanks

1 minute ago, KIWILEE said:

Thank you for your help. I have read on this forum recently where some were required to attend in person but will try the hospital which should make it easier for all of us.

i have only seen one recent report of that happening and it was in Phuket. CM immigration does allow it,

On my last 90 day report, I couldn't go to immigration as I had just had a small amputation.  My wife went for me, with my passport, but was told as she did not have a letter from the hospital she would have to pay 100 baht.

They took a copy of her Thai ID card, and everything was done and dusted.

40 minutes ago, Geoffsilverfox said:

On my last 90 day report, I couldn't go to immigration as I had just had a small amputation.  My wife went for me, with my passport, but was told as she did not have a letter from the hospital she would have to pay 100 baht.

They took a copy of her Thai ID card, and everything was done and dusted.

And did you get a receipt for 100 Baht?

46 minutes ago, Geoffsilverfox said:

Joke!!!!  In the pocket I presume.

Extortion, send a letter to the top. This has to be stamped out.

I have stopped giving the "extra" for my extension on the grounds that I can be prosecuted for it. As the Prayut campaign continues, and I am amazed how far it has already gone, and indeed increases its reach, the officials are also getting a bit nervous.

Last extension a couple of weeks ago I went with all the copies required for an extension plus re-entry except for a copy of the new extension needed for the re-entry permit. The officer muttered about a "donation" for making the single copy. I said, "what? how much?" he waved his hand and said its OK.

Really, I am paying 3,900 for a re-entry. A bit of admin and a copy should surely be included in that.

A few years ago they would blatantly demand 100 Baht for copies, no change given. And indicate that 500 or 1,000 was expected for their efforts in extending a permission.

I use Bumrungrad Visa Service, as I am an on going Hospital Number, they charge 600 THB and I only have to go there and fill out or drop off the forms.

Check with his Hospital to see if they offer the service. Also, if he has a Thai Wife she can do for him, as some have said already with authorization another may do for him.

As for the talk about fees for other issues, Extension of Stay 1,900, Single Re-entry 1,900 Multiple Re-entry 3,800.

1 hour ago, gchurch259 said:

I use Bumrungrad Visa Service, as I am an on going Hospital Number, they charge 600 THB and I only have to go there and fill out or drop off the forms.

Check with his Hospital to see if they offer the service. Also, if he has a Thai Wife she can do for him, as some have said already with authorization another may do for him.

As for the talk about fees for other issues, Extension of Stay 1,900, Single Re-entry 1,900 Multiple Re-entry 3,800.

A single re-entry permit is 1,000 baht.

I was in this situation in 2014 and my wife took some photos and we also obtained a letter from the hospital.  When she attended immigration they looked at the photos, issued the paperwork and didn't want the letter.  So anyone can do it as long as you can prove you are incapable.

If your friend is in a private hospital in Chiang Mai, visit their customer service or "international patient relations" dept and ask them to do the 90 day report or at least give you or a relative of the patient the documents needed to prove or friend is an in-patient and unable to do his own 90 day report.  If it's Bangkok Hospital or CM Ram, then I'd insist that they do the 90 day reporting because they charge pretty hefty fees anyway and this should be a service they offer.

If your friend is on a gov't hospital like Suan Dok, Nakorn Ping, the Geriatic Hospital or one of the local amphur hospitals, then the hospital will not have staff available to to 90 day reporting.  Instead ask the ward nurse to get the doctor to sign a certificate that your friend is currently an inpatient.  This is a standard hospital form, available from the ward nurse, that she'll probably fill out in advance and give to the doctor when he's making his rounds.  This form shows when your friend was admitted, his diagnosis and perhaps his prognosis and when discharge is anticipated.  Not all the hospitals include this information on the form.  The key thing is that it's on an official looking hospital form with a nice, pretty hospital stamp.

It's a good idea, too, to have a photo of your friend laying in his hospital bed, surrounded by concerned looking nurses.  This is always a problem because the nurses want to smile and look upbeat for the camera.  Instruct them to look worried, like your friend is about to die.

"Really, I am paying 3,900 for a re-entry. A bit of admin and a copy should surely be included in that."

"A few years ago they would blatantly demand 100 Baht for copies, no change given."

Unless that's a typo, you're paying the 100 baht anyway.

13 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

I was in this situation in 2014 and my wife took some photos and we also obtained a letter from the hospital.  When she attended immigration they looked at the photos, issued the paperwork and didn't want the letter.  So anyone can do it as long as you can prove you are incapable.

It is not necessary for you to be incapable.