Best way to see Rio Olympics in Thailand

bchrisny

AS with many international sporting events, local broadcast rights are always 'fungible'.

From a news article a few months ago...

Dentsu Inc, the holder of Olympic broadcast rights in Thailand, has reaffirmed that it will not allow non-TV Pool member channels to broadcast the 2016 Summer Olympics.

Sarnchatt Chansrakao, managing director of Dentsu Media Thailand, said the parent advertising agency in Japan made clear its stance that only TV Pool would be allowed to broadcast the Rio Olympics in Thailand.

The TV Pool network includes Channel 3, Channel 5, Channel 7, Channel 9 (MCOT HD), NBT and Thai PBS.

So would expect a local focus on Thai athletes/teams events.

Otherwise you'll have to stream over the internet; there are some options. Maybe do a search for details; I don't want to post anything here which might be against the ToS.

Okay - thanks - but it must be another option then look att an scrappy analoge picture from Thai TV who shows nothing but thais. I think if This ThaiExpat.tv who includes BBC channels , if that could be an option ?  Anyone who have ThaiExpat.tv  or similar provider.
Or are they also blocked by the junta.

^^^ The Android "BBC Sport" app has a comprehensive schedule, select the "Rio 2016" Tab. It doesn't seem to indicate which channel or red button so you will need to go hunting. I haven't looked but the BBC Sport website might have something similar.