Young Aussie plunges to death from Bangkok hotel balcony - body found completely naked

rooster59

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

I have stood many a hotel room balcony at night in my manhood.

I am the King of my Castle.

If he had been found only wearing a condom then it would be suspicious.

you're an old man clark.............if u had been wearing a condom it would of been suspicious

3 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

Is it scary though?  186 deaths are on that site in the past 7 months out of the 400,000 expats and millions of tourists.  The world average rate of death is 7.8 per 1000, so we would expect over 3000 expats alone to die per year even if they did not have an average age in the 50's.  This reporting of every fatal fall is just typical tabloid pandering to hysteria, in the US there are 30,000 deaths by falling per year, that is a rate of 0.096 per 1000, so in Thailand, of just the expats, we might expect to see about 40 per year, and there are about that many, nothing to see here.

Good Points. The problem is how they die and why farangs alone...millions of tourist and 1000s of expats but that includes Japanese, Indians, Chinese, Koreans too...

If it was just natural...Japanese, Chinese, Indians should figure in Jump too..but 90% of the news is farangs jumping...WHY?

Farang's are physically stronger, they can handle alcohol better than Asian's...I don't think women would take chances with farang more than Japanese..who are physically weak and can get drunk easily...

Farangs have high IQ on average, went to better universities, have good income...This does not add up..The stats don't tell the whole story. A Farang when he encounter a low railing in Balcony...would say...Hmmmm...that's awfully low...I should be careful here, when Im drunk with my Thai gf.

I don't think PUSHING theory works either....because...to push a 80 to 100kg farang by a 40kg bar girl would require lot of effort and TIMING...if she misses...she is done...She does not eat good healthy food to be physically stronger to push a guy...all MSG street food...

When i was in college...and drunk....people tried to push me and others into a dirty sink hole..and even with 5 guys....they were not able to grab me, and push me to the hole from a height...ITS NOT EASY TO PUSH A GUY is what I'm trying to say even being drunk...Its 80kg push and shovel by a 40kg bar girl...without the guy knowing..

Things are not adding up...Its high time...The western government take this on a diplomatic level and involve foreign expertise....

3 hours ago, zyphodb said:

It just seems to me,

living here & following the news a bit, that too many Farangs plunge from balconies for them all to be        accidents.....

Because of lax law enforcement here, idiotic dangerous driving, along with drink and drugs, are a big factor. And it also attracts the dregs of the West who cannot sustain themselves and end up trapped and often suicidal.

I see nothing abnormal in the death rate given those things.

Add to that the ridiculous building standards that allow balconies that stop midgets, or even windows that open on high floors, and nothing is unusual about it at all.

8 hours ago, manfredtillmann said:

it is common in australia to refer to suicides as accidents. it must make the perpetrator's families feel better. australians have a strange relationship with death. no one ever DIES in oz, they pass away, get taken prematurely, loose a battle with cancer, go on their last journey and so on. it took me minutes to understand that oz wife #2's mother had died after she told me ' mum is gone'.

in many countries and I guess Australia is one its not legal to report suicides because theres always plenty of copycats around. it might seem devious but it actually works at reducing suicides

1 hour ago, starchild5 said:

Good Points. The problem is how they die and why farangs alone...millions of tourist and 1000s of expats but that includes Japanese, Indians, Chinese, Koreans too...

If it was just natural...Japanese, Chinese, Indians should figure in Jump too..but 90% of the news is farangs jumping...WHY?

Because you get your news from farang-centric sources like this. 

in many countries and I guess Australia is one its not legal to report suicides because theres always plenty of copycats around. it might seem devious but it actually works at reducing suicides

The correct termilogy is "died suddenly" and your right it does work

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

“Where’s a servo?” - that one's a bit parochial, it would probably be understood throughout Aus. but not commonly used . 

6 hours ago, dunroaming said:

DoctorG

Thanks for pointing that out! I really should turn off auto correct!  However it does sound like a "chick" was involved at some level

Auto correct was it's users - butt u Ned two proof red just abut every thong you tripe.

5 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

Is it scary though?  186 deaths are on that site in the past 7 months out of the 400,000 expats and millions of tourists.  The world average rate of death is 7.8 per 1000, so we would expect over 3000 expats alone to die per year even if they did not have an average age in the 50's.  This reporting of every fatal fall is just typical tabloid pandering to hysteria, in the US there are 30,000 deaths by falling per year, that is a rate of 0.096 per 1000, so in Thailand, of just the expats, we might expect to see about 40 per year, and there are about that many, nothing to see here.

Are all those stats you quote for tourists/expats or citizens of each country? 

If citizens then what is the worldwide average for tourists/expats?

6 hours ago, Centrum said:

Thaivisa is lucky to have Sherlock Holmes as a member. What else have you deducted?

Did I say I deducted anything?

Do you know the difference between a comment and a statement or a deduction?

Thaivisa is happy to have guys like you who don't bother to supervise the unknowing sheeple.

Btw. What do you think is the purpose of a forum?

12 hours ago, Lex Talionis said:

The family believe it was an accident. They must know something that we don't.  Have to admit though that his being found naked is a bit suspicious. 

" The family believe it was an accident. They must know something that we don't."

More than likely and to be expected.

10 hours ago, wprime said:

If you're wearing something loose the fall will strip you naked anyway.

Yeah, right, of course it will.  But he didn't fall out of an aircraft.

9 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...case closed.....

...no question of suspecting anyone....

...disgraceful.....

9 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...everything to live for.....

How do you know whether the case is closed or not?    How do you know the investigation didn't conclude that his fall was an accident as the family said?  Perhaps there was no reason to suspect anyone of anything.  Perhaps the only disgraceful thing is your constant jumping to irrational conclusions.

7 hours ago, tigermoth said:

Balcony rails are too low in almost all high rise apartments. Should be at least 1200mm high and have no horizontal railings to prevent children from climbing up.

Without horizontals they wouldn't be railings, in fact they wouldn't be anything.

Archived