August 7, 201610 yr I'm currently on a 30 day extension on a VOA. The extension runs out on the 21st. Can I get a one week extension on the 30 day extension I already have. It can save me a couple hundred bucks on a flight back home if I can. Thanks.
August 7, 201610 yr There isn't a "one week extension" as such, but you can apply for another extension (1,900 baht). It will be denied but they will almost certainly give you 7 days to leave the country. Edited August 7, 201610 yr by elviajero
August 7, 201610 yr You can apply for a 7 day extension, pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days to leave the country. FYI you got a 30 day visa exempt entry not a VOA which is for 15 days and costs 1000 baht for those from certain countries.
August 7, 201610 yr Author All I really need is 4 more days. What if I just show up at the airport and pay the fine? It'd about the same baht-wise(2000 vs 1900) wouldn't it?. Would there be other consequences involved? Edited August 7, 201610 yr by Rob13
August 7, 201610 yr 6 minutes ago, Rob13 said: All I really need is 4 more days. What if I just show up at the airport and pay the fine? It'd about the same baht-wise(2000 vs 1900) wouldn't it?. Would there be other consequences involved? Yes it is the same cost, but if you get caught on overstay you can be arrested, fined, detained, deported and banned for 5 years. Edited August 7, 201610 yr by elviajero
August 7, 201610 yr Author 38 minutes ago, Evilbaz said: Check visas available then book flights? Trying to save a buck or two
August 13, 201610 yr Author One last question. If the extension ends on the 21st, I can leave on the 22nd with no repercussions? In other words.I get one day overstay gratis?
August 13, 201610 yr Just now, Rob13 said: One last question. If the extension ends on the 21st, I can leave on the 22nd with no repercussions? In other words.I get one day overstay gratis? If you leave from either airport in Bangkok you will not be fined for one day of overstay but you will get a stamp for the overstay.
August 13, 201610 yr 37 minutes ago, Rob13 said: Chiang Mai, would be the same? They might charge you a 500 baht fine.
Create an account or sign in to comment