One Week Extension

I'm currently on a 30 day extension on a VOA. The extension runs out on the 21st. Can I get a one week extension on the 30 day extension I already have. It can save  me a couple hundred bucks on a flight back home  if I can.

Thanks.

There isn't a "one week extension" as such, but you can apply for another extension (1,900 baht). It will be denied but they will almost certainly give you 7 days to leave the country. 

Edited by elviajero

You can apply for a 7 day extension, pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days to leave the country.

FYI you got a 30 day visa exempt entry not a VOA which is for 15 days and costs 1000 baht for those from certain countries.

• Like 1

All I really need is 4 more days. What if I just show up at the airport and pay the fine? It'd  about the same baht-wise(2000 vs 1900) wouldn't it?. Would there be other consequences involved?

Edited by Rob13

6 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

All I really need is 4 more days. What if I just show up at the airport and pay the fine? It'd  about the same baht-wise(2000 vs 1900) wouldn't it?. Would there be other consequences involved?

Yes it is the same cost, but if you get caught on overstay you can be arrested, fined, detained, deported and banned for 5 years.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

Just now, Rob13 said:

One last question. If the extension ends on the 21st, I can leave on the 22nd with no repercussions? In other words.I get one day overstay gratis?

If you leave from either airport in Bangkok you will not be fined for one day of overstay but you will get a stamp for the overstay.

• Like 1