Japan, Thailand sign memo on shinkansen project

webfact

Regardless of the gauge it would still be Thais maintaining the track. Panic, still on.They couldn't maintain a regular speed train so what do you think would happen when a train derails at 200 KM near a town? Look at the Spain crash the only reason there hasn't be a huge death toll from a derailment in Thailand so far is the trains basically go at walking speed,

Don't get over excited just yet; this is a massive project for anyone with costs rising by millions of Baht weekly.  I am interested in seeing the results of the Japanese route study and some projected costings.   For many years now we have been reading and hearing of 'signed memo's' but we have yet to see anything at all that refers to any facts and figures.  Only thing that comes to mind is disagreements about interest rates on borrowing.

IF it ever gets built one wonders how well it will be operated and maintained by Thai's ?     It is impossible to imagine that an army of Japanese will be employed by the State railway system as there would be cries of anguish from within.   Also; imagine all those work permits and 90 day reports, and after all, we all know that this is 'The Greatest Country on Earth' and that they can do everything better than anyone else !!     

8 hours ago, anotheruser said:

The thought of Thais trying to keep a shinkansen on the rails is what disturbs me not the money. How many times did the Chiand Mai train derail lately?

I have not taken any train to CM but yes to Had Yai a couple of times.

it 's always late and they said this is an express service.   

they keep stopping too long on other major train stations along the route.

for example, it was scheduled at 8.00 am in the morning but instead it arrived at noon.

will it be slow shinkansen?

I have not taken any train to CM but yes to Had Yai a couple of times.

it 's always late and they said this is an express service.   

they keep stopping too long on other major train stations along the route.

for example, it was scheduled at 8.00 am in the morning but instead it arrived at noon.

will it be slow shinkansen?

Strange. I found the southern service to generally run on time..but it's been about 5 years since I've used it.